22/10/12 [DMFA #1347] - Crouching Fae, Hidden Drake.

Started by Mao, October 22, 2012, 09:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mao

I have to say, I like where this is going.  Pip, you nasty little fiend you. ~<3

Also: So that's where the cake went.  Should've known!  XD

Oh man, panel 2 Mab... I love that.  It kinda looks B.A.  I almost picture it as a Borderlands Character Intro Image.

Tapewolf

This is starting to reminding me of the 'cosmic game' arc in the Housepets webcomic.  Which is not a bad thing.  Though I'm disturbed by the idea of Pip being actively evil as opposed to simply hostile.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

justacritic

Then that dream Abel had, did it have more meaning?

Tapewolf

Quote from: justacritic on October 22, 2012, 10:00:26 AM
Then that dream Abel had, did it have more meaning?

This is starting to make me think that it wasn't natural after all.

Dard

Mab should start making notes.

A piece of paper with "Pip does not get cake" would work wonders!
(in the hypothetical case that there were still any cake)

Keleth

So I see the other Chess player has revealed himself a little more clearly.

We are obviously seeing a very interesting game between to entities that perhaps, are more foe than friend.
Help! I'm gay!

Turnsky

Pip's real form is that of a 6'4" kilt wearing black dude with the singing voice of barry white. *nods*  :U

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

AmigaDragon

And we still don't know for sure whether Merlitz is dead or still alive. All we get is an "if he were there..."
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Mao

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 22, 2012, 10:04:09 AM
This is starting to make me think that it wasn't natural after all.

I'm still of the mind that the dream occurring *could* be natural, but the content of it might have been manipulated.  I honestly think the 'Cubi-don't-dream thing is just a product of them not sleeping.  Since he's been getting into the habit of sleeping of late this could just be a natural reaction.

McKathlin

Quote from: Drathorin on October 22, 2012, 10:14:05 AM

We are obviously seeing a very interesting game between to entities that perhaps, are more foe than friend.

This is indeed an interesting development.  I like how, even as lives hang in the balance, these two treat cake as serious business. :P

By the way, happy 6th anniversary to Amber and Tailsteak!  :dancers
"My wisdom is slightly higher than my stupidity." ~Lawenia

LordViking

I barely noticed the flat colors in the third panel at first and thought the lighting was just acting weird because they were in the Fae realm. I still find it fitting in a way.
I'm very curious now about the true nature of Pip, as well as Mab, but only time will reveal more of that.

P.S.
Not sure where I normally should put this, but it seems there is something wrong with the previous comic button on page 1347, since it leads me back to page 1345 instead of 1346.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mao on October 22, 2012, 10:35:16 AM
I'm still of the mind that the dream occurring *could* be natural, but the content of it might have been manipulated.  I honestly think the 'Cubi-don't-dream thing is just a product of them not sleeping.  Since he's been getting into the habit of sleeping of late this could just be a natural reaction.

Yeah, I should really have said 'may not be entirely natural'.  Pip denying all knowledge afterwards may simply mean he was trying to pull one over Mab (who not being completely omniscient at the time wouldn't know better).

joshofspam

It is starting to look closer to that.

Though it sounds like Pip is more working out his frustrations by trying to get a few people killed. Higher planes life forms sure have extremes when it comes to entertainment.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Sofox

And so this strip proves me wrong with a previous theory I had.

Whelp.

Quote from: Dard on October 22, 2012, 10:10:41 AM

A polaroid with "Don't believe his lies"

Drako

This is making me wonder what kind of power "Pip" would have if he was in his true form. 

TacticalError

The 'you don't get your power, I don't get my knowledge' thing sounds like self-imposed rules for some kind of competition. Maybe this is some kind of long-term grudge match, or an argument over strength vs. knowledge?

Drako

Quote from: TacticalError on October 22, 2012, 12:34:36 PM
The 'you don't get your power, I don't get my knowledge' thing sounds like self-imposed rules for some kind of competition. Maybe this is some kind of long-term grudge match, or an argument over strength vs. knowledge?

Personally, I think it's more like hard and fast fae-rules for going out of the fae-realm.  You have to give up something to live outside of it.  Kinda like there's only a certain number of the Fae at any given time.  But that still doesn't explain why Pip still looks like Pip inside the fae-realm.

joshofspam

Quote from: Drako on October 22, 2012, 12:48:02 PM
Quote from: TacticalError on October 22, 2012, 12:34:36 PM

Personally, I think it's more like hard and fast fae-rules for going out of the fae-realm.  You have to give up something to live outside of it.  Kinda like there's only a certain number of the Fae at any given time.  But that still doesn't explain why Pip still looks like Pip inside the fae-realm.

Hmmmmm...Though it does kind of make you wonder just when Mab's of this secret plan, before she meet Dan as they both were children or did something happen after they meet and she started this plan?

Though as for Pip, maybe he doesn't really have a form on this plane that he can use. It might be possible that he might have to adhere to rules and restrictions very close to what warp-aci's are restricted to. I'm kind of wondering if Amber gave us a sneak peak of him in his true form either in the emblem of Zinvth or when Fa'lina did that whole tutorial of the dangers of dream reading
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Alondro

Quote from: joshofspam on October 22, 2012, 10:47:51 AM

Though it sounds like Pip is more working out his frustrations by trying to get a few people killed. Higher planes life forms sure have extremes when it comes to entertainment.

Well, the ones who are ass-hats do.  The superior ones, like Loriene from Babylon 5, are above such trivialities.   ;)

Also, Pip is now confirmed evil bastard.  Me kill nows.
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

justacritic

Quote from: Alondro on October 22, 2012, 01:13:02 PM
Quote from: joshofspam on October 22, 2012, 10:47:51 AM

Well, the ones who are ass-hats do.  The superior ones, like Loriene from Babylon 5, are above such trivialities.   ;)

Also, Pip is now confirmed evil bastard.  Me kill nows.
He's not an evil illegimate child, he just likes watching you suffer.

Infranscia

Yeah, it looks like Pip is at least chaotic neutral.  Perhaps him being angry is because he hates being stuck in his 'tiny, powerless form.'

Heh, does anyone else like Pip's 'Guilty~!' moment/pose?  I know he's being a troublemaker and such, but I still find it kind of fun. :mowsmile

Looks like Wildy took the cake with her when she went to do damage control.  One way to help keep herself at least semi-calm.

Hrm... Speaking of which, looks like theres a good chance there's going to be a scene-change to the guild-place...
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

BromeTeks

And here I was thinking that Mab had planned to make Jyrras have to use his gun by stealing Pyroduck. Shows what I know.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Sofox on October 22, 2012, 11:46:11 AM
Quote from: Dard on October 22, 2012, 10:10:41 AM

A polaroid with "Don't believe his lies"

"Don't trust the skull."
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

AmberCross

Pretty sure she can't leave herself notes because that counts as cheating. That'd be like if Pip (who I believe is supposed to be a dragon which is why he hates Dan so much) were to look sideways and (when he was sure no one was looking) destroy dan's car by stepping on it. (Yes I know Dan doesn't have a car.)

Lying Foo

...come to think of it, why does it seem people are more likely to take cars around Zinvth than out here in the middle of nowhere?
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

LionHeart

"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Nocturne of Night

Wouldn't it be funny (read completely terrifying) if Pip were Hizell?

Ohp, brb. My trees are seizing again.

Garsemor

OK! Time for a crazy theory that will never come true. Are you ready? Here goes: Pip's true form is Aniz!
I know you are all going "oh god not another one" but hear me out. The phoenix said that Merlitz was killed by an cubi and seeing as the whole fiasco seems to have been organized by Pip (or at least been his doing) we could say that there is a small chance he might be a cubi. I have nothing to base my theory that he is Aniz besides the fact that we know nothing of Aniz's whereabouts, but this theory isn't meant to be logical or true. It exists to be silly.

TacticalError

Quote from: Nocturne of Night on October 23, 2012, 02:44:31 AM
Wouldn't it be funny (read completely terrifying) if Pip were Hizell?

Ohp, brb. My trees are seizing again.

That doesn't sound all that crazy. Dragons in this setting are Fae-levels of powerful in combat, but can be killed (with great effort), if my memory's working properly. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch for some to have Fae connections or to even be Fae.

Mao

Quote from: Garsemor on October 23, 2012, 09:49:31 AM
...besides the fact that we know nothing of Aniz's whereabouts...

Except the part where we've been informed he's dead by both Abel (implied here by the fact that he *was* going to kill him) and by M.A.C.E's investigation (here).  Why am I shooting down your 'for fun-silly-not true' speculation?  Simple:  It's a tired topic and is getting really annoying at this point.  I don't even care anymore if it does somehow wind up true that Aniz is still alive or even is Pip as you've jokingly suggested.  Can we all just please move on and shelf that?