5/10/12 {DMFA #1342) Pip and Wildy have similar approaches to life

Started by Naldru, October 05, 2012, 06:27:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naldru

When I saw this, I had a vision of Wildy and Pip having a night on the town.  They both seem to handle things with their teeth. 
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

latei

I've never really though Wildy was all that scary/evil before, but now she's starting to creep me out. What, with the smile and the creepy text and the random eye colour change.....

I guess we'll see next comic if Pyroduck is able to handle himself in a fight. I've been wondering if he has any fighting skills for a while (don't think the fight with Abel really counts)

Tapewolf

I'm really confused by Wildy now.  She was trying to stop the fight and now she seems to have gone into some kind of bloodlust withdrawal symptoms...  I hate to think what would have happened if she had persuaded Abel to go willingly to the guild.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Amber Williams

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 05, 2012, 07:34:22 AM
I hate to think what would have happened if she had persuaded Abel to go willingly to the guild.

Everything would have worked out and there would have been happy endings and pie for everyone. Wildy is angry because now she will never have happy ending pie. :<

Jasae Bushae

nuuuuu~ but happy ending pie is the bestest pie! :<
its even better than the 'there will be' cake~
I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/

justacritic

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 05, 2012, 07:46:25 AM
I hate to think what would have happened if she had persuaded Abel to go willingly to the guild.

Everything would have worked out and there would have been happy endings and pie for everyone. Wildy is angry because now she will never have happy ending pie. :<
Yes but what flavor pie?

Tapewolf

Quote from: justacritic on October 05, 2012, 09:05:24 AM
Yes but what flavor pie?

I think Abel's pie would be something like being left alone, The BOB's pie would be Abel dead just in case he ever turns violent in future and Wildy's pie would be made from the BOB.  A mutually-agreeable happy ending pie for all parties seems unlikely at this point.

Mao

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 05, 2012, 07:46:25 AM

I want happy ending pie.  :c

joshofspam

Well at least Wildy is smiling now.

That counts for something, Right?

Like how many teeth she has in that smile.

Red eyes make Wildy look scary, but not as scary as when she's smiling in battle. :)
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Sunblink

JESUS H. CHRIST, WILDY

She looks like something out of a horror movie, oh my god in heaven.

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Sunblink on October 05, 2012, 11:45:06 AM
JESUS H. CHRIST, WILDY

I second this. :blink :erk

Icon by Sunblink

Surzsha

Wow, guys. You act as if you've never seen Wildy so terrifying.

Speaking of which. Panel three. Happy Ferret Face. I love it.  >:3

TacticalError

Red eyes, snarl, and freaky text. It's the whole horror package...

Inumo

I see Wildy was a barbarian before she multi-classed with shaman.

Gabi

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

joshofspam

Come to think about it, I didn't really know how Ducky would react to coming home to this.

Screaming in pain certainly wasn't the first thing that came to mind.

Grey Wolf

I'm really confused by Wildy now.  She was trying to stop the fight and now she seems to have gone into some kind of bloodlust withdrawal symptoms...  I hate to think what would have happened if she had persuaded Abel to go willingly to the guild.

I think this is the result of over excitement. Everything has gone wrong today, and her body was in fight or flight mode.
She needs to release all her rage on a safe target (safe in this case, I think, for the other party). The only other conscious person there is Jyrras and he isn't a warrior, so she can't fight him. But a dragon and a fae just walked in, both of whom should be able to survive the rage-flailing of a being.
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

Corgatha Taldorthar

I'm not normally one to come on and espouse my insane theories BUT

1) I still think Biggs is probably a were.
2) If Biggs is a were, than Wildy is also probably a were.
3) I don't know how much Amber is drawing from "traditional" mythology/memetics, but unctonrollable rage is often associated with skin-changing.
4) 2nd panel, Wildy's eyes are slightly different color, and her speech font has changed. It's also when she's the most out of control.

Prahps she was on the verge of an involuntary transformation.

Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Thirty Second Artbomb

Remember, folks. Ferrets think playtime starts when someone starts bleeding.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on October 05, 2012, 07:50:19 PM
4) 2nd panel, Wildy's eyes are slightly different color, and her speech font has changed. It's also when she's the most out of control.
Prahps she was on the verge of an involuntary transformation.

Note also that Aliyka's eyes would go red in the Return of DP arc when she was really angry, and she was certainly a shapeshifter.

Lying Foo

...wait, are we taking this seriously again?

Boy, if this is true, it's going to be a bit of an anticlimax when it comes out at this point...
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Grey Wolf

Quote from: Lying Foo on October 05, 2012, 09:47:37 PM
...wait, are we taking this seriously again?

Boy, if this is true, it's going to be a bit of an anticlimax when it comes out at this point...

*Thinks about it for a minute*
Nope. It would still be pretty awesome.
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

KiloFoxx

good gods not this again...

we havn't even seen or heard of Biggs using magic. only Wildy (after taking a shaman course at that) i don't even know how the "Biggs is a Were (and therefore Wildy)" thing came up...

it'd make more sense the other way around...

i dunno why she went after Ducky... Fae can't die or get seriously hurt (see the arc where Mab and the Fae Queen (i can't remember her name) meet back up) so it'd make more sense to attack Mab... though Wildy wasn't there for that so i dunno if she knows that tidbit of info.

plus Mab had the cake...

my biggest question is what kind of cake is it?
frosting makes me sick. but i'll deal with it for the right kind of cake. (I.E. German Chocolate)

joshofspam

Quote from: KiloFoxx on October 06, 2012, 10:51:37 AM
good gods not this again...

we havn't even seen or heard of Biggs using magic. only Wildy (after taking a shaman course at that) i don't even know how the "Biggs is a Were (and therefore Wildy)" thing came up...plus Mab had the cake...

I think that came up when people started to notice the similarities between the shadowy person in the third panel here http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_366.php and Biggs.

That being said, their has been some debate on it not being Biggs and being Hahwru. Though going that rout, it does seem like most of the shadows traits match more closely to Hahwru, especially if you look at how long the trailing ribbons are and notice the huge tuft of hair seems to go in the opposite direction to Biggs tuft.

Still I wouldn't be surprised by whatever Wildy or Biggs turned out to be, but I would be generally impressed if the were standard beings. I mean charging head on like she does and Biggs rules the Twinks territory, that would be very impressive for just a couple of beings and live this long.

TacticalError

This is probably going into epileptic tree territory (sorry for the TvTropes terminology) but I can't shake Biggs' last word in this http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_866.php strip.

kztxl7

Quote from: TacticalError on October 06, 2012, 12:28:41 PM
This is probably going into epileptic tree territory (sorry for the TvTropes terminology) but I can't shake Biggs' last word in this http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_866.php strip.

That was actually Destania shapeshifted to look like Biggs. And I highly doubt it has anything to do with his race and more along the lines of "You were going to tell me".

Lying Foo

Quote from: joshofspam on October 06, 2012, 12:09:37 PM
That being said, their has been some debate on it not being Biggs and being Hahwru. Though going that rout, it does seem like most of the shadows traits match more closely to Hahwru, especially if you look at how long the trailing ribbons are and notice the huge tuft of hair seems to go in the opposite direction to Biggs tuft.

Square jaw, no waist, no hint of the intact breast... minor details for Cubi, but Weres, not so much.

Quote from: KiloFoxx on October 06, 2012, 10:51:37 AMwe havn't even seen or heard of Biggs using magic. only Wildy (after taking a shaman course at that) i don't even know how the "Biggs is a Were (and therefore Wildy)" thing came up...

it'd make more sense the other way around...

All roads lead to Rome.  Anything that suggests one suggests the other, too.

There's also Wildy's thing for humans, and the statement on the Demonology page that Weres posing as Beings tend to act... well, San-ish, but I think it started when Azlan said on the forum that there was one such Were somewhere in the comic.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

TacticalError

Quote from: kztxl7 on October 06, 2012, 01:27:31 PM
Quote from: TacticalError on October 06, 2012, 12:28:41 PM

That was actually Destania shapeshifted to look like Biggs. And I highly doubt it has anything to do with his race and more along the lines of "You were going to tell me".

Or maybe Destania was using the lack of distinct capitals in comic strip font to drop her son an obscure message!... Nope, doesn't work. My main problem with the whole 'Wildy and Biggs are weres' theory is that the traits people have highlighted could just be personality quirks and not much more. As for the incredibly adept in combat stuff... Unless Amber is hiding Wildy's true age because it would give something away, Dan seems to have managed quite well the the 'charge with a sharp thing and try not to die' tactic for just as long (if not longer), before any possible 'Cubi advantages kicked in.

YawnPB

Wildy may have taken a shaman course, but imho she's a berserker at heart. 

As for Wildy's aggression, I'm guessing you guys haven't been attacked by a small dog before.  A big dog will stand ground with you, and you can back away from each other slowly.  Little dogs just go KAMAKAZIE EAT YOUR ANKLES!!!  Amusing when it's a couple shitzu's or chihuahua, but gets annoying fast.
Lurkus Wallflowerus

MT Hazard

Quote from: Sunblink on October 05, 2012, 11:45:06 AM
JESUS H. CHRIST, WILDY

But is more, less or equal to the smile in 1325?

Also I notice that Wildy has a habit of attacking people who could pull all her limbs off, but are too decent to do so (Dan and Pyro)

I think this is another use of Mab's mad plot skills, get the heavy hitters out of the way before the B.O.B arrive.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic)