20/07/2012 [DMFA #1325] Defeat by modesty and the scariest Wildy face

Started by MT Hazard, July 20, 2012, 07:40:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Mao

Last Panel:  Those eyes should not be coupled with that mouth.  Ever.  *shudders*

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sofox

Paladin Sheppard

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mao on July 20, 2012, 07:50:36 AM
Last Panel:  Those eyes should not be coupled with that mouth.  Ever.  *shudders*

Now that brings back memories (of hacking Doom)

http://tapewolf.wildernessguardians.com/stfmad.gif

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Brunhidden

i know its wrong, but somehow she is more attractive to me.

the kittys attempt to look badass has no effect on the situation
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Ignuus66

Hmm, well this will be interesting, I notice abel pinned one of the 2 down, but he is having trouble with pega who apparently can use basic magic.

(credit: Gabi)

ArchTeryx

You know, after this bit, I've decided one thing.

I really, REALLY want to recruit Amber as my GM.  Dat face.  :mowhappy

Tylor

Pity Wildy's sad face on panel two is so small. I think it is highly adorable.

Tapewolf

Quote from: ArchTeryx on July 20, 2012, 09:22:04 AM
I really, REALLY want to recruit Amber as my GM.  Dat face.  :mowhappy

She made a particularly memorable Friend Computer in the Paranoia game at Anthrocon a few years back.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Scow2

Is it really in-character for Genesis to run away in that circumstance (At least with the towel)? Yeah, it's a stock joke, and whenever Genesis appears, she's the one to lose her clothes... I guess there's a chance she ran because of the loss of whatever enchantments are on her outfit. I'm just rambling.

MT Hazard

I occurs to be me that Gen is reliant on her crystal for her magical abilities, but the other guy (Nightmyste) isn't, hence his less 'natural' hair colour, this suggests he has a creature ancestor (sorcerer style) or it's just an outward sign of magical abilities, that or hair dye. Hybrid genetics suggest the first.

Also the two casters to two Melee fighter dynamic of the team seems like a good idea, Wildy seem to be going for a a bit of both and Dan has the capacity to try both, provided he gets over his magic issues.

Wanderer

What's Gen's problem? She took off her clothes in public before!

Ravenscroft

Hurray!

And that last panel is proof that sharks have a land cousin, the ferret.

muahahahahahah :kruger

And just when you thought that the kitty was down for the count he springs back up like renholm
Oh wow! Uh Yeah Sorry about that turns out I'm quite, quite mad. I'm terribly sorry about the inconvenience of it all. Personally I'm as scared as all of you must be. But on the Plus side I'm not dangerous! Just not to be taken personally.

Angel

AAAAAH! OH GOD THAT FAAAAACE! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH RUN AWAY RUN AWAY!
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Thirty Second Artbomb

Ladies and gentlemen, the ferret has decided that it is playtime.

Hold on to your butts.

Arcblade

Ah,Wildy...  Well, at least someone's getting what they want.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

MT Hazard

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 20, 2012, 12:05:41 PM
Quote from: Wanderer on July 20, 2012, 10:54:23 AM

Not enough razzle-dazzles.

That and the pink slip incident back in comic 60.

I think this comes under rule of comedy, PG rating and not wanting to fight Wildy at all, never mind naked and without her crystal.

Infranscia

Oh look, Nite's awake.

Quote from: Scow2 on July 20, 2012, 10:29:53 AMIs it really in-character for Genesis to run away in that circumstance (At least with the towel)? Yeah, it's a stock joke, and whenever Genesis appears, she's the one to lose her clothes... I guess there's a chance she ran because of the loss of whatever enchantments are on her outfit. I'm just rambling.

I'm with MT Hazard: It's probably due to a fear of Wildy.

Speaking of which I think we can reasonably say that Wildy likes to fight, if not loves to fight.  I mean, look at that last panel!  She looks feral!

(I do kind of like that face in a strange way. XD  I mean, those eyes... those teeth... the way they're drawn...)

I kinda like how Abel has Skirmish pinned under one wing. X3  And it looks like Peg has a little Spellsword type of ability. :mowmeep

Hmm...  Looks like Gen is wearing one of the banners that was hanging on the wall.  I think that black bar on the left in panel two is the rod it was hanging on.  I also see a decorative pattern on the cloth in panel one.
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

ChaosMageX

Now all Wildy has to do is cock her head to the side slightly and open one eye wider than the other. :mwaha

Right now her expression is almost as scary as some of the expressions Turnsky has drawn.

Quote from: MT Hazard on July 20, 2012, 12:22:34 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 20, 2012, 12:05:41 PM
Quote from: Wanderer on July 20, 2012, 10:54:23 AM

Not enough razzle-dazzles.

That and the pink slip incident back in comic 60.

I think this comes under rule of comedy, PG rating and not wanting to fight Wildy at all, never mind naked and without her crystal.

Who's to say she wasn't drunk during that pink slip incident? ;)

Icon by Sunblink

joshofspam

I look at that last panel and think, "What if the Critters were cute instead of Snot-ugly" Either that or "Teeth! She's full of pointy TEETH!".

I remember reading about how a lot of animals will bare their teeth as a warning and when I look at her big smile, it does nothing to dissuade me of the fact that things just got worst for a certain black cat wielding magic.

Hope Gen brings back that tapestry or we could add theft to the list of things that will annoy Alexsi when she wakes up and she has had adventurer training.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Amber Williams

Quote from: MT Hazard on July 20, 2012, 10:53:36 AM
I occurs to be me that Gen is reliant on her crystal for her magical abilities

She isn't.  It's just that Gen specializes in water magic, where as the crystal was more like "stun spell in a jar".  She's far from reliant on it, and her decision to flee the fight was not due to a sudden lack of gear. 

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Amber Williams on July 20, 2012, 03:12:44 PM

She isn't.  It's just that Gen specializes in water magic, where as the crystal was more like "stun spell in a jar".  She's far from reliant on it, and her decision to flee the fight was not due to a sudden lack of gear.  

So then it was due to her sudden lack of clothes instead? :P

Also, regarding gear, I thought she carried a water pistol with her that she could use in a fight, as seen in her first appearance here.  It'd be so cool to see one of those supercharged with water magic.  I bet a little magical enhancement could get a water gun to do as much damage as a real gun. :mwaha

Icon by Sunblink

Mao

Quote from: ChaosMageX on July 20, 2012, 03:34:01 PM

... and her decision to flee the fight was not due to a sudden lack of gear.  

...Wat?  :U

TacticalError

Also, regarding gear, I thought she carried a water pistol with her that she could use in a fight, as seen in her first appearance here.  It'd be so cool to see one of those supercharged with water magic.  I bet a little magical enhancement could get a water gun to do as much damage as a real gun. :mwaha

If the pressure didn't cause it to break first. Then there'd be little pieces of sharp plastic in your skin and that wouldn't be fun. Surely it would be much easier and less potentially lethal to just attack directly?

ChaosMageX

Quote from: TacticalError on July 20, 2012, 03:48:31 PM
Also, regarding gear, I thought she carried a water pistol with her that she could use in a fight, as seen in her first appearance here.  It'd be so cool to see one of those supercharged with water magic.  I bet a little magical enhancement could get a water gun to do as much damage as a real gun. :mwaha

If the pressure didn't cause it to break first. Then there'd be little pieces of sharp plastic in your skin and that wouldn't be fun. Surely it would be much easier and less potentially lethal to just attack directly?

Well, I meant casting spells on the water as it was emitted from the gun, not while it's within it.  It wouldn't be traveling as fast as a bullet, which means that it would be easier to tweak with magic literally on-the-fly.

Quote from: Mao on July 20, 2012, 03:40:07 PM

... and her decision to flee the fight was not due to a sudden lack of gear.  

...Wat?  :U

I tend to think of clothes and gear as two different things, the latter being used an umbrella term for weapons, tools, and other items kept on one's person but not considered apparel.  However, since Genesis's crystal could also be considered jewelry, which sometimes counts as clothing, so it's a bit of a grey area.

Icon by Sunblink

Nino

that's.... terrifying!

As a side note, I know it's been this way for awhile, but I like how Wildy's top is more of a sea green than a green green now. The color looks great with her red hair.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Nino on July 20, 2012, 04:21:52 PM
that's.... terrifying!

Of course, she's a ferret and exuding tons of glee over a fight. Modesty has nothing to do with Gen's running.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen