23/07/2012 [DMFA #1326] 1 down, 1 more to go.

Started by Ignuus66, July 23, 2012, 07:24:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nocturne of Night

I should clarify: the B-O-B somehow came to the conclusion that Merlitz is dead. I didn't mean to imply they knew for sure, sorry.

Quote from: Plotting on July 23, 2012, 10:08:16 PM
I think there are pieces of the puzzle that Amber has not given us yet. I also suspect there will be more plot twists in the future!

I very much agree, Plotting. We don't even know how the B-O-B came to think Merlitz is dead! All we can do is wait and see what Amber gives us Friday. God knows best, after all  ;)

PhycoKrusk

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 23, 2012, 07:31:42 AM
If this is all because of the Alexsi business, it's actually Wildy and Mab's fault that Abel ended up in that position, which could be interesting.  Either way, they don't seem to have got the whole 'make sure you're killing the right person' thing down pat, and it could still be awkward for Abel if he's pinned with a murder he hasn't committed.
If you want to really get particular, it's actually Destania's fault that Abel is in this position, since it was her plan to have Alexi kidnapped in the first place, which resulted in Wildy and Mab and Pyroduck going to recover her, which accompanied Abel posing as Merlitz and Dan being forced to use magic to pose as his sister, which ultimately led to the current mess. Butterfly wings indeed.

On the other side of things, casual racism is an old fantasy trope, so them blaming the last "cubi" they saw around Merlitz is hardly surprising. Even though their only evidence for notAlexi being a succubus was an inordinate amount of morphing magic cast upon her being at that particular time. Which really, is kind of like saying I robbed a 7-11 because when the police found me, I was carrying a Big Gulp and had a $20 bill on my person. Really groundbreaking forensics, guys.

Anri

Alls I can say is if it weren't lightning, it weren't me! I mean really, if you're gonna off someone you gotta go big and do it with style.

AxiLarin

I am in the camp, also, that think that the B-O-B are making assumptions based on what little they know (a Cubi may have been impersonating Merlitz the last time they all visited, Genesis wasn't able to find him last time around, no one else has seen Merlitz in months).  Their track record of getting things right is like a high school student who pencils in C for every answer on their bubble form.  I am curious to see what evidence they have to back up their claim and only hope that doesn't include an actual body.
I am a little surprised, even with all the adventuring (or misadventuring), that Merlitz hasn't swung back by the inn to say hi and get gnawed on by Pip.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Plotting on July 23, 2012, 10:08:16 PM
I can't help but think there is more to it than that. I am not arguing with your logic, but I think there are pieces of the puzzle that Amber has not given us yet. I also suspect there will be more plot twists in the future!

It's likely there is more to it, but the B-O-B are quite capable of doing this just from hearsay.  Remember that for all Nitemyst's fine talk about tracking down the killer, he wanted to kill Alexsi - a Being - just in case she was 'Cubi and then got angry when Pegasus refused and wanted to give Alexsi the benefit of the doubt.
It seems fairly clear - from what we've seen so far - that their plan consisted of killing the first 'Cubi they could find and hoping it was the right one.  And if Wildy's smart she'll pick up on that since she can see that Alexi's clearly been taken down.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ishidan

Sofox

Quote from: joshofspam on July 23, 2012, 12:02:04 PM
I think I'm seeing why Mab believes some of her friends will die. With what she's influencing, the safest place is probably being real close to her. Merlitz being far away from her other friends and her machinations, probably dropped whatever protection she was giving him.

Actually, one of the more disquieting things about this chapter is that it almost seems that Mab deliberately left, with Pyroduck, because she knew this would happen and for some reason she wanted this fight to play out like this.

Either her or Pyroduck could have ended the confrontation in short order due to them being members of massively powerful species, yet through an apparnently whimsical action, she assures that neither of them are able to play a part in something that happens only a few moments after they left.

"Why?" is of course the big question. It's clear she has plans, and she's unable to achieve everything she wants, so clearly the events that are playing out in the Lost Lake have some significance to the future, signficiance they wouldn't have had if a dragon and a fae had stopped the whole altercation before it even happened.

If the fight settles down now after Widly and Myst's revalation, then it would be the same as if Mab or Pyro had ended the fight earlier, therefore there must be still some major event that's going to happen that's part of Mab's plan.

Plotting

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 24, 2012, 03:41:45 AM
It seems fairly clear - from what we've seen so far - that their plan consisted of killing the first 'Cubi they could find and hoping it was the right one.  And if Wildy's smart she'll pick up on that since she can see that Alexi's clearly been taken down.

Wildy would have more than enough street smarts to pick up on it if the B-O-B are simply killing random 'Cubi in the hope that it is the one they believe killed Merlitz.

I hope I spelled Merlitz's name right...

And - just because Merlitz is dead does not necessarily mean that we will not see him again. He could be brought back as an undead.  :)

Turnsky

Quote from: Plotting on July 24, 2012, 04:43:37 AM
And - just because Merlitz is dead does not necessarily mean that we will not see him again.

actually, we won't see Merlitz again. ever.

cremation. works wonders.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Plotting

Quote from: Turnsky on July 24, 2012, 05:16:19 AM
And - just because Merlitz is dead does not necessarily mean that we will not see him again.

Quiet you  :P

Turnsky

Quote from: Plotting on July 24, 2012, 09:02:24 AM

well, i can only see merlitz coming back to DMFA (if ever!) in a container of some sort.
oooh, i know, let's speculate on the material of said container!

i'm gonna go with tupperware, any takers?

Ravenscroft

Merl's condition is questionable until we get more information.

I don't know what skirmish is thinking of doing with the stun crystal, she hasn't been very good at hitting abel yet, if she can suddenly use the crystal because it's attached to the spear then it makes some more sense for that attack.

Still I don't know why Abel didn't just crush their heads! *Wet Crushing noises* With hands that big he need only grab their upper bodies and hurl them out the window, I doubt alexi would mind what with her being at least unconscious if not injured

Ferrets .... Just because they dont have shark teeth smiles doesn't mean they aren't going to eat your face. ..... Just saying but wouldn't be hilarious if she were really Kish'ta this whole time ...
Oh wow! Uh Yeah Sorry about that turns out I'm quite, quite mad. I'm terribly sorry about the inconvenience of it all. Personally I'm as scared as all of you must be. But on the Plus side I'm not dangerous! Just not to be taken personally.

Anri

Quote from: Ravenscroft on July 24, 2012, 12:19:38 PM
Just saying but wouldn't be hilarious if she were really Kish'ta this whole time ...

Well, Wildy IS the stuff of nightmares. :3

joshofspam

Quote from: Turnsky on July 24, 2012, 10:07:18 AM
Quote from: Plotting on July 24, 2012, 09:02:24 AM

well, i can only see merlitz coming back to DMFA (if ever!) in a container of some sort.
oooh, i know, let's speculate on the material of said container!

i'm gonna go with tupperware, any takers?
Tubberware is such a cheap receptacle for Ashes, though.

Being a fire spell user, I was thinking something in cast iron. :P
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Bruinthor

Investigation method of the BOB: Find possible cubi, render unconscious, stab until dead.
Result: subject was unresponsive, move on to next

This isn't an investigation it's a vendetta and Nightmyste's denial isn't worth spit.

maus_merryjest

Quote from: Sofox on July 24, 2012, 04:34:50 AM

If the fight settles down now after Widly and Myst's revalation, then it would be the same as if Mab or Pyro had ended the fight earlier, therefore there must be still some major event that's going to happen that's part of Mab's plan.

That's what I'm thinking too, Sofox... man, this is going to get way ugly.

lycaonpictus77

What concerns me is that, even if Skirmish should damage one of our beloved combatants (however permanently) it would appear Nitemyste and Wildy are on their way to working things out--and Gen has run off for whatever reason, and so is not privy to the information exchange that'll hopefully be taking place in a moment. Well, I guess the biggest potential problem with that would be her spreading talk of Abel's being a cubi and attracting certain... other attentions.
Though her number one concern is probably "clothes" at the moment.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Turnsky

Quote from: lycaonpictus77 on July 25, 2012, 06:13:09 AM
What concerns me is that, even if Skirmish should damage one of our beloved combatants (however permanently) it would appear Nitemyste and Wildy are on their way to working things out--and Gen has run off for whatever reason, and so is not privy to the information exchange that'll hopefully be taking place in a moment. Well, I guess the biggest potential problem with that would be her spreading talk of Abel's being a cubi and attracting certain... other attentions.

something something arrow to the knee.

Starcat5

Quote from: Turnsky on July 25, 2012, 08:29:10 AM
If she comes back with a bow and a quiver full of arrows, I'm blaming YOU!  :<
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Ignuus66

Quote from: Starcat5 on July 25, 2012, 11:05:58 AM
Don't worry, she used to be an adventurer just like Dan, but now she took an arrow to the knee.

(credit: Gabi)

Ryy Lazurus

Quote from: Ignuus66 on July 25, 2012, 05:54:18 PM

Don't worry, she used to be an adventurer just like Dan, but now she took an arrow to the knee.

*facepalm*
I am so very ashamed of you all for taking us down that route.

Ignuus66

Quote from: Ryy Lazurus on July 25, 2012, 06:20:47 PM

*facepalm*
Sorry. I know it is overused,  but as I am (Currently) was playing skyrim I had to do it  >:3

Sofox

Quote from: Ignuus66 on July 26, 2012, 06:00:57 PM

*facepalm*
Sorry. I know it is overused,  but as I am (Currently) was playing skyrim I had to do it  >:3

Does the game have knee armour upgrades?

Ignuus66

Quote from: Sofox on July 26, 2012, 06:06:55 PM

*facepalm*
Sorry. I know it is overused,  but as I am (Currently) playing skyrim I had to do it  >:3
EDIT: grammar

Does the game have knee armour upgrades?
no, but I am quite sure There are plenty of modifications that add it :P

AmigaDragon

*facepalm*

I wouldn't know that reference except that it seems every other comic or forum makes reference to it (then has to explain to someone like me).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Maark30

Well it is a good thing that Merlitz is a cat, because right now he is 'Schrodinger's Cat'.  He is both alive and dead until he is witnessed in one configuration or the other.  Just remember, the last time Amber pulled off this twist it was Destania that was supposed to be dead.
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

lycaonpictus77

Quote from: Maark30 on July 27, 2012, 12:24:59 AM
Well it is a good thing that Merlitz is a cat, because right now he is 'Schrodinger's Cat'.  He is both alive and dead until he is witnessed in one configuration or the other.  Just remember, the last time Amber pulled off this twist it was Destania that was supposed to be dead.

Well, fingers crossed for phoenix shenanigans.
There are a lot of conceivable ways in which they could hear Merlitz was dead, or assume he was, without him actually being dead.
Of course he might actually be dead and I'm in horrible denial. ,_,
Blasted Schrodinger. I can't wait to open the box. It's like Christmas Eve in my brain except the present might be a dead cat.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Lying Foo

Except that the fans must have known that Destania probably wasn't dead because that would mean that Dan had unknowingly killed his mother, and unless Mathilda is secretly Edward (and, of course, they're both secretly Aniz), that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.  Especially between the phoenixes' penchant for vagueness and the fact that Alexsi specifically said it was her "maiden name," plus the fact that Dan ran into Destania in Twink Territories and not much seemed to have changed in the interim, I can't imagine anyone had too hard a time figuring it out.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Maark30

Quote from: Lying Foo on July 27, 2012, 10:02:07 PM

Except that the fans must have known that Destania probably wasn't dead because that would mean that Dan had unknowingly killed his mother, and unless Mathilda is secretly Edward (and, of course, they're both secretly Aniz), that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.  Especially between the phoenixes' penchant for vagueness and the fact that Alexsi specifically said it was her "maiden name," plus the fact that Dan ran into Destania in Twink Territories and not much seemed to have changed in the interim, I can't imagine anyone had too hard a time figuring it out.

Problem with your idea is that in those days no one but Amber knew that Destania was Dan's mother or that Dan was an Incubus for that mater.
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Lying Foo

...except that the twist was "Destania is mom's maiden name."  That right there.  That was the twist.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.