22/03/2012 [DMFA# 1294] CHEESECAKE!

Started by Ghostwish, March 22, 2012, 09:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghostwish

*snrk* I'm not sure what amused me more. Regina's silly attitude, or Mab's comment at the bottom of the comic. Oh Mab. XP

Mao

I know what I enjoyed the most.  It's times like this when all I can do is just smile.

SolarWings

o3o Iunno.

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Mao Laoren on March 22, 2012, 09:43:59 PM
I know what I enjoyed the most.  It's times like this when all I can do is just smile.

^^This. That is all.
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

justacritic

Quote from: DoctorSolarWings on March 22, 2012, 10:18:06 PM
Aliph's reaction was amusing. :3
I thought it was like a father watching his daughter walking the streets with too much makeup and too little clothing.

joshofspam

I'm sort of reminded of Abel's interaction with Genesis before he put her in her room for the night.

I wonder if Regina is regrowing her wing because DP finds her idea about the bone wing childish and unsightly?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

DTisEbiL

Ehehe...well that was....entertaining...
I knew I was on to something when I chose her as my favorite character :3

I noticed something slightly disturbing when it comes to my attachment to characters. I always seem to favor the minor characters, especially the ones that are killed off shortly after being introduced. I find that I always want to see more of them, but when I do, I start to lose interest in them. Hm....

Arcblade

And it's clear, even in closeup where we can't see the bone part, that the wings aren't even.  The regrowing one is a little raggedy-looking due to, well, regrowing.  Attention to detail: props to Amber. 

Love Aliph's disgusted face, too.   Bahaha. 

SolarWings

Quote from: Arcblade on March 23, 2012, 12:39:02 AM
And it's clear, even in closeup where we can't see the bone part, that the wings aren't even.  The regrowing one is a little raggedy-looking due to, well, regrowing.  Attention to detail: props to Amber. 

Love Aliph's disgusted face, too.   Bahaha. 

I was just about to comment on Regina's wing. Awhile back it used to be entirely bone and according to her cast page she kept it that way because it was "cool." However she must have changed her mind since she's allowing it to regenerate.
o3o Iunno.

Hariman

I was damn near rolling on the floor when I read this update.

My roommate actually didn't want to know what made me laugh so hard! (I might have a slightly creepy laugh!)

Also:

Good catch on the regrowing wing, guys. I noticed the flesh on the wing but didn't really take heed of it.

And finally:

Yes Amber, it's fanservice. It's bikini clad demon bunny girl fanservice at its finest!
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

Rakyth

Amber's readership spiked as much as my blood pressure, I'll bet.

Drakkenmensch

Hee hee, Aliph's niece is a grown woman who likes to seduce guys, and it's freaking him out.  :)

Tapewolf

So I take it these are the token beach-party comics for this year? :3

And I absolutely love DP's reaction.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ArchTeryx

Yep, it's cheesecake and fanservice.  (Bonus points just 'cause my fiancee happens to play a bunny herself.   :mowtongue )

But what makes it so much fun is the self-awareness both on the part of the characters and Amber.  Plus, Unimpressed Dark Pegasus.  It's that self-aware, snarky humour that just makes the comic shine. :-)

Ghostwish

Quote from: D'ymkarra on March 22, 2012, 10:42:44 PM

^^This. That is all.

So it's not her eyes then huh? XP

Tigris

Mao

Quote from: Ghostwish on March 23, 2012, 08:20:16 AM

I certainly have no problems with her eyes.  They're quite lovely.

Ross

I love how Regina agrees that her poses are "Abhhorent and Unnatural."   :mowhappy  It's like she just heard a noise and thought it was in agreement with the way the conversation was going in her head.

LordViking

I decided to stop lurking for a moment to comment on Regina's regrowing wing, but seems others beat me to it already. I wonder if she is doing this because she realized two functioning  wings are going to help her a lot more in case she runs into Dan again, or just an overall sign she is maturing?

Quote from: Hariman on March 23, 2012, 02:20:50 AM
Yes Amber, it's fanservice. It's bikini clad demon bunny girl fanservice at its finest!
Quote from: ArchTeryx on March 23, 2012, 07:21:56 AM
Yep, it's cheesecake and fanservice.  (Bonus points just 'cause my fiancee happens to play a bunny herself.   :mowtongue )
Sorry to burst your bubbles, but I felt it worth pointing out Regina is a (demon-)gazelle, not a bunny. I can see where the confusion comes from though.

Wanderer

Hmm... the fanservice would have been more attractive for me before Regina's true personality was revealed in the comic. These days... yeah, she's pretty, but I dislike her so the pretty is less meaningful.

Hariman

Quote from: LordViking on March 23, 2012, 10:44:48 AM

Quote from: Hariman on March 23, 2012, 02:20:50 AM
Quote from: ArchTeryx on March 23, 2012, 07:21:56 AM
Sorry to burst your bubbles, but I felt it worth pointing out Regina is a (demon-)gazelle, not a bunny. I can see where the confusion comes from though.

I'd just noticed and come back to put up my own correction.

As for the wing regrowing, I wonder if Dan's the one that burned/tore the flesh off it in the first place. When Regina first appeared in comic 388, her wings were intact.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

Arcblade

Quote from: Wanderer on March 23, 2012, 10:53:03 AM
Hmm... the fanservice would have been more attractive for me before Regina's true personality was revealed in the comic. These days... yeah, she's pretty, but I dislike her so the pretty is less meaningful.

If I were into girls, Abel's comment in the last panel would be my response to Regina.

I thought it was mentioned somewhere that Dan was responsible for the bone-wing.  It's not on her cast-page, though, or on her entry in the Wiku Wiki.  I'll keep looking. 

Mao

I'll say this:  I don't necessarily like or dislike Regina's personality.  It's quirky and I'm sure that, to her friends (and fellow demons), she's a lot of fun.  I'm sure that, put into a scenario where I was raised in the same culture as her, I'd likely find her pleasant, though maybe a bit vapid.

That said, I've always been pretty clear that I think the character is very attractive.  Were I in a position where I wouldn't have to fear her or was considered a peer, I'd at least want to be her friend.  She seems like fun (given her race).  If nothing else, I'd get to enjoy the view while she went about her business. X3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mao Laoren on March 23, 2012, 02:01:26 PM
That said, I've always been pretty clear that I think the character is very attractive.  Were I in a position where I wouldn't have to fear her or was considered a peer, I'd at least want to be her friend.  She seems like fun (given her race).  If nothing else, I'd get to enjoy the view while she went about her business. X3

"Here, Regina. Could you pick up that notebook for me? Thanks." ?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Amber Williams

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 23, 2012, 06:14:52 AM
And I absolutely love DP's reaction.

Truth be told, I think I spent more time drawing and redrawing Aliph's face than I did with any of the first three panels. (Those three drew out fairly easily)   Mostly because I wanted to make sure expression wise that it was very obvious that DP was in a "DO. NOT. WANT." expression and not to be mistaken for a "Should not want." expression. 

And lemme tell ya, that difference be hard to draw. :U

Ignuus66

To be frank I sort of agree with DP here. It"s better if girls act natural (still in bikinis ofc)
I enjoy nice "views" but I don't like those that seek too much attention
(there is an old Hungarian saying: The best inns need no advertising (roughly translated) )

(credit: Gabi)

Madmann135

I will admit I do appreciate the Regina fan service but I prefer Matilda's normal attire better, she has a nicer personality and a more mature individual.  Not to mention she has better looking eyes, good business sense and an interesting personality.

As a male I appreciate the cheesecake.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Ghostwish on March 23, 2012, 08:20:16 AM
Quote from: D'ymkarra on March 22, 2012, 10:42:44 PM

^^This. That is all.

A pair of deep, lovely eyes is always nice (and don't get me wrong, Regina as a whole is very lovely), but I'm more of a leg horse myself  :mowwink
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

nevwyn

*tosses randomly bought favours at the screen* Damn 4th wall preventing my incurable hormone fueled instincts to be defeated!

Actually I think she is just regrowing the wing because most people tend to not think that "rot is hot" so undead wing = not sexy.

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: justacritic on March 22, 2012, 11:14:16 PM
Quote from: DoctorSolarWings on March 22, 2012, 10:18:06 PM
Aliph's reaction was amusing. :3
I thought it was like a father watching his daughter walking the streets with too much makeup and too little clothing.

Definitely this.  No father wants to see their daughter doing things like that.

Also, definitely like the poses Regina is doing, and nice that's she's growing back her wing.  Wonder what prompted her to do this?