22/03/2012 [DMFA# 1294] CHEESECAKE!

Started by Ghostwish, March 22, 2012, 09:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drakkenmensch

Quote from: Arcblade on March 23, 2012, 12:39:02 AM
And it's clear, even in closeup where we can't see the bone part, that the wings aren't even.  The regrowing one is a little raggedy-looking due to, well, regrowing.  Attention to detail: props to Amber. 

Makes sense the regrown wing would look so frail - the new muscle tissue under the skin has never been used before. I imagine she's going to need a lot of wing-flexes to get some muscle tone back on it.

Lore

My intense love for DP and equally intense dislike for Regina seem to grow every day. Apparently in proportion to one another. Interesting.

SolarWings

Quote from: Hariman on March 23, 2012, 11:46:42 AM
Quote from: LordViking on March 23, 2012, 10:44:48 AM

Quote from: Hariman on March 23, 2012, 02:20:50 AM
Yes Amber, it's fanservice. It's bikini clad demon bunny girl fanservice at its finest!
Quote from: ArchTeryx on March 23, 2012, 07:21:56 AM
Yep, it's cheesecake and fanservice.  (Bonus points just 'cause my fiancee happens to play a bunny herself.   :mowtongue )
Sorry to burst your bubbles, but I felt it worth pointing out Regina is a (demon-)gazelle, not a bunny. I can see where the confusion comes from though.

I'd just noticed and come back to put up my own correction.

As for the wing regrowing, I wonder if Dan's the one that burned/tore the flesh off it in the first place. When Regina first appeared in comic 388, her wings were intact.

They also have seemed to change color since then! :U
o3o Iunno.

ArchTeryx

Quote from: LordViking on March 23, 2012, 10:44:48 AM
Sorry to burst your bubbles, but I felt it worth pointing out Regina is a (demon-)gazelle, not a bunny. I can see where the confusion comes from though.

I thought the tailpoof looked off.  I just was going on the earlier postings.

It doesn't burst any bubbles, though.  I rather like cervine types as much as I enjoy bunnies.  ;)

Surzsha

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 23, 2012, 03:32:44 PM
Truth be told, I think I spent more time drawing and redrawing Aliph's face than I did with any of the first three panels. (Those three drew out fairly easily)   Mostly because I wanted to make sure expression wise that it was very obvious that DP was in a "DO. NOT. WANT." expression and not to be mistaken for a "Should not want." expression. 

And lemme tell ya, that difference be hard to draw. :U

The face is certainly a complex map of infinite possibilities for the soul within to express their endless sea of emotions, a priceless communicative tool nature has granted us as an intelligent species. I can see that all too familiar struggle you tend to face between your artistic expression and your technical abilities in terms of how these characters should show their innermost needs and wants. Such a tedious incitement of brutal bickering within yourself is a curse that tears all artists apart in their journey for the beauty that is perfection.

In other words, you did a great job on Aliph's expression. It certainly gets the point across.

Les

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 23, 2012, 06:14:52 AM
And I absolutely love DP's reaction.

Truth be told, I think I spent more time drawing and redrawing Aliph's face than I did with any of the first three panels. (Those three drew out fairly easily)   Mostly because I wanted to make sure expression wise that it was very obvious that DP was in a "DO. NOT. WANT." expression and not to be mistaken for a "Should not want." expression. 

To me DP's reaction doesn't so much look like 'DO NOT WANT' or even 'Should Not Want' but more like, "Oh knock it off you annoying little brat!"   :P
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

Ignuus66

The detail of picture 4 is epic, one of the most detailed chairs in this whole comic ^^

(credit: Gabi)

aserath

I love her hair. Pink hair with black tips, fabulous!

ArchTeryx

Oh, I think you nailed it pretty well.  There's not the faintest trace of internal conflict there; you could interpret his expression to mean, "Ewww, that's just disgusting!" or, "Knock it off, you annoying little twerp!" but either way, it gets the point across nicely.

Ryy Lazurus

Just want to second that. At the risk of sounding like a creepy fan boy, I really love the skill in Ambers work.

I feel for you DP, my younger cousin did that to me once and I think my expression matches yours!