01/30/2012 [DMFA #1281] With Abel's luck, his character died during generation.

Started by VAE, January 30, 2012, 03:25:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAE

Actually, that one's possible in Paranoia , IIRC.

Another entertaining possibility would be Jyrras dragging out Tomb of Horrors.
Also, I imagine , despite the concentration issues, RPGs would be quite popular among Cubi - mimicking an NPC is easy if you can shapeshift, and with a good enough storyteller, snacks take care of themselves.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Lorien077

To be fair its possible in DnD 3.5 IIRC.  If you roll poorly enough on stats you 'crib death' and try again.

And I'm honestly really liking the partially completed page approach.  We get to see some of your progress, and we still get to read the comic but come back for the polish later.  I just don't see a downside here.

And oh goodness Deebs... so cute. >_<
You have my permission not to love me; I am a cathedral of deadbolts and I'd rather burn myself down than change the locks.

My scribbles: http://lorien077.deviantart.com/

Ignuus66

(credit: Gabi)

Drakkenmensch

Quote from: VAE on January 30, 2012, 03:25:06 AM
Actually, that one's possible in Paranoia , IIRC.

Another entertaining possibility would be Jyrras dragging out Tomb of Horrors.
Also, I imagine , despite the concentration issues, RPGs would be quite popular among Cubi - mimicking an NPC is easy if you can shapeshift, and with a good enough storyteller, snacks take care of themselves.

Or maybe Arkham Horror.

Deebs: "Yay! I wanna summon Azatoth!"

Abel: "But if you do, everybody is going to..."

Deebs: *SNIFFLING PUPPY EYES* "But I wanna summon Azatoth."

Abel: "Oh for crying out loud..."

*10 minutes later*

Deebs: "Yaaaaaay! Everybody goes insane!"

Jyrras: "Sometimes I worry she knows more than she lets on."

Mao

I want to impress upon you guys just how much Mab has been giggling about this comic since she first started hammering out the details of it.  I was starting to worry that I'd have to make a caricature of her as a hyena.  Probably like Ed from the Lion King.

Ignuus66

Quote from: Mao Laoren on January 30, 2012, 06:00:26 AM
I want to impress upon you guys just how much Mab has been giggling about this comic since she first started hammering out the details of it.  I was starting to worry that I'd have to make a caricature of her as a hyena.  Probably like Ed from the Lion King.
... I can only imagine how hard it is not to giggle when drawing deebs

KV1NN4

Good grief, I think that pout could've prevented World War 2!

~K. *: )

Turnsky

Quote from: KV1NN4 on January 30, 2012, 10:18:14 AM
Good grief, I think that pout could've prevented World War 2!

~K. *: )

a pout like that would've made hitler weep.

(that's right, i went there)

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Gabi

Quote from: Ignuus66 on January 30, 2012, 04:56:13 AM
I approve of partially done comics!
So do I! It gives us a reason to check and enjoy the strip twice: first to see how the story develops, then to see what the final product looks like. :)
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

joshofspam

Hmmmmm...Yes, sir. I like it.

Makes sense really. In a funny way.

What other board game would a wad of talking bubblegum really enjoy. Do you think that Jyrras will eventually create the first RPG game of Candyland?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

denji

Abel's expression in the eighth panel.

I can't stop giggling.

pfpfpffffffff

techmaster-glitch

Great to see Jyrras still has his nerd background :D And planning to pass it on, too! Rearing nerdling from a young age!  :mowwink

VAE

This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Raffe

Just popping to say I like seeing the stages of the comic, Deebs has an entirely different cuteness when flat :3
Hooray ellipsis!

Wanderer

THAC0 no longer exists, dammit! Hated it! HATED. Probably because mine was always so high, and my characters never lived long enough to get any better. And I didn't understand how any of the rules worked, either.

Quotea pout like that would've made hitler weep.
Well, I guess this discussion is over.

Kenji

Siirenia

Quote from: Raffe on January 30, 2012, 05:30:56 PM
Just popping to say I like seeing the stages of the comic, Deebs has an entirely different cuteness when flat :3

It's an unhealthy amount of cute, no matter how you shade it!

Grey Wolf

I love how Able is trying to use logic when dealing with a little kid :3

I used to play Candyland with my brother and father.
Ahhh, the memories~~
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

aserath

Gamma nut? Is that some sort of radioactive peanut? Knowing Jyrras it wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't a few in his lab.

VAE

Quote from: aserath on January 30, 2012, 10:53:07 PM
Gamma nut? Is that some sort of radioactive peanut? Knowing Jyrras it wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't a few in his lab.

Nah, Gamma nut is a type of linking nut whose cross-section looked at from side looks like a greek capital gamma. (or L).  Essentially there are two threaded holes perpendicular to each other.  Tends to be rather big.
The reason they aren't used too often is that one of the two nuts can't have a lot of clearance due to interference.
You mount it by screwing it on one of the parts, then you cut the excess of the bolt to size, and then you screw on the second part of the linking.

I bet Jyrras used quite a few of these when joining sheet metal on the gryphon - good to reinforce welds and such.

Saphroneth

joshofspam

Quote from: VAE on January 30, 2012, 11:23:31 PM

Nah, Gamma nut is a type of linking nut whose cross-section looked at from side looks like a greek capital gamma. (or L).  Essentially there are two threaded holes perpendicular to each other.  Tends to be rather big.
The reason they aren't used too often is that one of the two nuts can't have a lot of clearance due to interference.
You mount it by screwing it on one of the parts, then you cut the excess of the bolt to size, and then you screw on the second part of the linking.

I bet Jyrras used quite a few of these when joining sheet metal on the gryphon - good to reinforce welds and such.

Actually Vae, I think it's a play on words on how Deeb's actually says words.

What she's actually referring to is Grandma Nut of Peanut brittle house in Candyland. But speaking like a child she tries for Gramma and it comes out Gamma.

VAE

Quote from: joshofspam on January 30, 2012, 11:33:06 PM
Quote from: VAE on January 30, 2012, 11:23:31 PM

Actually Vae, I think it's a play on words on how Deeb's actually says words.

What she's actually referring to is Grandma Nut of Peanut brittle house in Candyland. But speaking like a child she tries for Gramma and it comes out Gamma.

*sigh*
Way to ruin the joke.
Saphroneth

joshofspam

Hey!

Never said I was perfect.

Didn't even notice it was a joke Vae.

Still...I wonder if that mysteries candy forest is still lurking in his basement or did Jyrras ever figure out what it's doing there. I personally blame Mab. But then I guess that's one mystery that might never be solved.

VAE

Quote from: joshofspam on January 30, 2012, 11:52:33 PM
Hey!

Never said I was perfect.

Didn't even notice it was a joke Vae.

Still...I wonder if that mysteries candy forest is still lurking in his basement or did Jyrras ever figure out what it's doing there. I personally blame Mab. But then I guess that's one mystery that might never be solved.

Well... not a really good joke mind you... just a mystification of sorts.
Saphroneth

aserath

QuoteGamma nut? Is that some sort of radioactive peanut? Knowing Jyrras it wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't a few in his lab.

I haven't played candy land since I was 4.  :B I figured deebs meant grandma but since jyrras has lots of crazy stuff in his lab I would make a joke about radioactive peanuts.

Tapewolf

Quote from: VAE on January 30, 2012, 11:42:00 PM
Way to ruin the joke.

I assumed the game was something Amber invented, so I found it rather helpful.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ignuus66

That is quite an epic facepalm Abel uses in the last panel. oddly enough I use that facepalm a lot in real life. Do you think abel will go board flipping again?

RandomMetaphysics

Quote from: Ignuus66 on January 31, 2012, 05:17:35 AM
That is quite an epic facepalm Abel uses in the last panel. oddly enough I use that facepalm a lot in real life. Do you think abel will go board flipping again?

I doubt it, as he might risk Deebs crying. I'm sure Abel (or anyone in general) wouldn't want to get himself into a predicament like that.

Also, is it me, or has exposure to Abel started mutating Jyrras into a troll?

Drakkenmensch

Stig Hemmer

Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.