01/16/2012 [DMFA #1278] - Mink goes Spelunking.

Started by Turnsky, January 15, 2012, 11:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turnsky

Mink can get into the darndest of places, gotta love that squiggly.

also, pies. what flavor could they have been?

Edit: Fixed your thread title...
  -- llearch

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

VAE

I see Piflak is from the  "I SHALL MAKE WEAPONS FROM YOUR BONES!" school.
Bonus points for identifying quote, of course.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Maark30

I have to say that Mink found a very nice place to cave dive  :mowmeep,  Of course the problem is surviving it. :erk

I think that Piflak may have written 'Sweeney Todd' in her universe.  :kirby
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

D'ymkarra

Judging by the non-plussed expression on Fa'Lina's face, this is likely not the first (nor the last) time this has happened.. :mowmeep

Also, I'm guessing they were meat pies of some sort  :kruger
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

killpurakat

This just proves how ample FaLina's bosom is. Wonder who else can fit in there to keep Mink company...  :mowtongue

I'm having flashbacks to Jessica Rabbit (married to Roger) and the "Booby Trap."  :giggle

Rafe

Rafe

Maark30

Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Jasae Bushae

theres something about a tentacle sticking out of a womans bosom that makes me double check the pg rating XD
I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/

Akisohida

TODD: What is that?
LOVETT:
It's fop.
Finest in the shop.
And we have some shepherd's pie peppered
With actual shepherd on top!
And I've just begun --
Here's the politician, so oily
It's served with a doily,
Have one!
TODD:
Put it on a bun.
Well, you never know if it's going to run!
LOVETT:
Try the friar,
Fried, it's drier!
TODD:
No, the clergy is really
Too coarse and too mealy!

The ORIGONAL Sweeny Todd is great. Not that Jonny Depp trash. (And I liked him in Pirates)
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

joshofspam

Well there you have Piflak's perfectionist at work.

A perfect pipe organ made of the murderers bones, the most delicious pies ever made.

I can just imagine how that took place when the pies were served in the cafeteria. Oh yes, it would start out innocently enough with Piflak bring in the pies. But after introducing her new organ and telling what her wonderful pies are made from. To this day their is probably few that can look at a pie the same way if they were there.

I guess though Fa'lina is rather easy going...at least when it comes to Mink and the fact she's probably in the know when it comes to Piflak. Of coarse being all knowing here means she could have easily stopped Mink.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Wanderer

Quote from: VAE on January 15, 2012, 11:54:08 PM
I see Piflak is from the  "I SHALL MAKE WEAPONS FROM YOUR BONES!" school.

...Dammit, I know I've heard that somewhere. Now it's bugging me, but I don't want to resort to Google.

Mink appears to be somewhat traumatized. It clearly has some issues. Also, Mink... get out of there. Just because the boss-lady won't kill you for jumping in there doesn't mean it's a good idea to stay.

Inumo

Quote from: Akisohida on January 16, 2012, 12:43:30 AM
TODD: What is that?
LOVETT:
It's fop.
Finest in the shop.
And we have some shepherd's pie peppered
With actual shepherd on top!
And I've just begun --
Here's the politician, so oily
It's served with a doily,
Have one!
TODD:
Put it on a bun.
Well, you never know if it's going to run!
LOVETT:
Try the friar,
Fried, it's drier!
TODD:
No, the clergy is really
Too coarse and too mealy!

LOVETT:
But actor, that's compactor!
TODD:
Yes, and always arrives overdone!
I'll come again when you have judge on the menu!

Still think the best line in that song is, "Now, this might be a bit stringy, but of course it's our fiddle player!"

Jairus

I think I actually screamed in surprise at that last panel. Wow... that is just... WOW! Amber, wow. *applauds* That is one lucky squiggly.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Dard

I'm sure he doesn't feel very lucky right now.

Infranscia

Better hope that Mink and Jakob are referring to what Piflak did to the murderers (and possibly those related to the murderers or something - though with the way Mink's freaking out, 'innocents who happen to be around her' being also seems like a possibility).  For a moment I read the first couple panels and thought the two were saying that it was Piflak that murdered the clan member (the pronouns are unspecific), which just adds another layer to the creepy-scary-ness if you think about it too much. :erk

Wow, Mink does some interesting visual things in this comic, and I'm not just talking about the last panel.  I mean, just look at that expression in panel one.  In a way, it doesn't look like Mink to me.  Overall, a side of Mink we don't normally get to see, and not really in a good way.
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

LionHeart

Quote from: D'ymkarra on January 15, 2012, 11:55:30 PM
Judging by the non-plussed expression on Fa'Lina's face, this is likely not the first (nor the last) time this has happened.. :mowmeep
I would imagine that after several centuries of running a place like SAIA, there isn't much that Fa'lina hasn't seen. Or experienced...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Angel

Well, at least now Mink has more room to hide. XD

Also, what WOULD Piflak's reaction be to that? Would she be angrier that Mink tried to hide in her boobs, or that he didn't pick a less obvious hiding place?
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Les

Quote from: Black_angel on January 16, 2012, 02:12:19 AM
Well, at least now Mink has more room to hide. XD

Also, what WOULD Piflak's reaction be to that? Would she be angrier that Mink tried to hide in her boobs, or that he didn't pick a less obvious hiding place?

Piflak's boobs are MAGNIFICENT!  Of course they would attract squigglies as only the most MAGNIFICENT! of bosoms would.
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

InsanityRequiem

And with that folks, we see an octopus's ability to squeeze into the smallest of spaces. And since Fa'Lina's dress is not bulging from an additional person (compared to Jakob's), Mink is squeezing very very tight in there. :]

Question is... Where's the rest of Mink's body? That ample bosom may be on the liberally large side, but even a squiggles has some form.

And Piflak's sounding more and more awesome with each new word said about her. >3
Who is the sanest of us all? Why, the insane of course!

KV1NN4

VAE

What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

psilorder

Guess i should have thought of this last comic. (had to check so i don't bring up something someone else brought up, couldn't find any.)

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_336.php

Does Mink have some kangaroo in him/her/it? ( for the swedes; "hen?")

Tapewolf

Quote from: VAE on January 16, 2012, 02:37:00 AM
These pies, they taste like soylent green.

Soya and lentils.  (And FWIW, no-one could actually afford to buy the stuff anyway, even if it had been made of people)

As for the comic, if Talliopa has in fact been murdered by Hizell, Piflak is going to have a big problem.  In fact, Piflak pie would be a lot more likely.  For that matter, Piflak vs Destania wouldn't have a certain outcome either.

Though I suspect Mink's thought is that she might be after a Dan pie, despite the fact that he doesn't even know who Talliopa is, is under Fa'Lina's protection and that if she did succeed, Piflak would then risk assassination from both Destania and likely Cyra as well.

EDIT: For that matter, honouring Talliopa's memory by murdering people she liked and their line?  That doesn't sound right...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Merlin

Quote from: Rafe on January 16, 2012, 12:10:45 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on January 15, 2012, 11:45:27 PM

Pies... usually have meat in- oh no wait, fruit-like pies are the standard in other countries aren't they? Things I never remember because when somebody says 'pie' in Australia, they're *always* talking about meat pies...

Also Mink squishing Jakob's cheeks :3 freakin adorable

FairWage22

So at first I was baffled at the range of expression--why would Mink be so 'eager' in the first frame, then horrified, then dripping with an almost jealous appreciation of the foodstuff... then it occured to me.

Clan Jin's affinity is Joy.

And if Piflak was *enjoying* herself as she prepared the musical instrument AND the foodstuffs... for a Clan of healers... that could be one of the most terrifying experiences...
For decades I viewed myself as a 'wageslave', captive to whims of others and not realizing that by Naming myself that I *defined* myself.

Now many years older and wiser, I am trying to be the change  I want to see.

Drakkenmensch

Quote from: VAE on January 15, 2012, 11:54:08 PM
I see Piflak is from the  "I SHALL MAKE WEAPONS FROM YOUR BONES!" school.

That's The Smith from Diablo 2 who you have to kill to get Charsi back the Horadric Mallus.

LordViking

It differs from person to person.

Kipiru

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

joshofspam

Quote from: LordViking on January 16, 2012, 06:01:29 AM
It differs from person to person.

Me?

I'd wonder if it was mince meat pies or potpies?

I've already tried those kinds of pie and they do have meat in them. Though the faces made in the cafeteria after they were half way done and Piflak dropped that bomb probably would have been just as interesting as the flavor. So were their takers on seconds? :P
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.