11/11/2011 [DMFA #1262] - No Hurt Mode

Started by Falcarthum, November 11, 2011, 04:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Falcarthum

He... just wonder from whom are these notes... probably one is from fa'lina and maybe other from aaryana...

and I  like  the expression of jacob: "I'm not a plush toy, you know?"

"Fantasy & Reality are opposed sides of the same coin."
"Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity."

<== Yappity by Silverfox

Tapewolf

Quote from: Falcarthum on November 11, 2011, 04:51:03 AM
He... just wonder from whom are these notes... probably one is from fa'lina and maybe other from aaryana...

Abel told Fa'Lina that Dan wanted to attend.  He might have had Fi send a note to Quill as well.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

FairWage22

Idle speculation time!

Let's see.  Four notes:

Presumed to be present at S.A.I.A.:

Fa'lina, Aaryana, Mink

Not present, but may be able to send notes via Warp-Aci or other means:

Mab, Abel, Destania

Motivations:

Fa'lina:  Possibly wouldn't want Dan seriously hurt after finally getting him to show up.

Aaryana:  Probably wouldn't want Dan to get hurt after all of her finagling to get him to go to S.A.I.A.

Mink:  Is Mink, probably doesn't want anyone to get hurt.  Besides, Dan apparently isn't as grumpy as Abel.  That has to count for something right?

Mab:  Just who she is and how things work around her.

Abel:  May have seen this coming and dropped a quick note of warning.

Destania:  If they were on staff together, there may have been a professional courtesy note.

As far as the Jacob 'position' it looks almost like he's enjoying it in the first picture, then kind of resigned in the others.  Possibly thankful that the attention is no longer on him?

And MY WHAT BIG TEETH YOU HAVE, Quill!

Edit:  Nice touch on Quill leaning over.  Almost missed it in the last frame.
For decades I viewed myself as a 'wageslave', captive to whims of others and not realizing that by Naming myself that I *defined* myself.

Now many years older and wiser, I am trying to be the change  I want to see.

Naldru

You have to remember that Destania was the one that sent Dan after Dark Pegasus.  If she were to send a note, it would probably be a request to toughen him up but don't hurt him too bad.  If you are going for a martial arts course, you have to expect a little pain.  (depending on your definition of little)
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

MT Hazard

On an unrelated note, today in the last but one line up date (11/11/11) and one of the few times American and Europeans agree on date format. We will only see one more of these within our life times.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

justacritic

Ross

*Fi's Voice*  TEETH! TEEEEEEETH!

Jakob being slung under the arm is just amusing.  I wonder if he's going to be trapped like that for the rest of the day.

As for the notes, I'd bet at least one came from Fa'Lina.  It sounds similar to her telling Abel about Pyroduck being "nice."

EDIT: Curse my bad spelling!

Kipiru

Quill redefines the term " Killer smile"  >:3 And Jakob is now on the stage of just going along for the ride  :mowhappy

icarus

it may be foolhardy, but what about Ink?

while initially the idea of "no hurt" may be repulsive to him, perhaps Dan's worth more to him as a study subject than as Quill's newest punching bag.  he was also one of the initial cubi to meet Dan.

there's also mab herself, who is "old/new" friends with Fa'lina and probably knows Quill's madre as well.

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

ArchTeryx

All this hullabaloo about Quill putting an entry into the Toothy Grin Competition(tm).  I'm surprised it took this long.  Despite having a soft spot for Jakob (and, I suspect, Dan as well) she is a high ranking Taun and is the head combat instructor.  She's got a reputation to protect.  :mowwink

I don't think Dan has anything to worry about.  She may inflict pain on him, but she will be very, very careful not to break him.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ross on November 11, 2011, 08:49:36 AM
Jacob being slung under the arm is just amusing.  I wonder if he's going to be trapped like that for the rest of the day.
Quite possibly.  FWIW it is spelled 'Jakob', and pronounced how Quill pronounces it.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

joshofspam

With great power comes Jakob being carried like carry on luggage. :)

As for possible letter senders for Dan's safety when with Quill. There is the possibility that one or two of those letters might be from some of the fans that Abel warned Dan about that would like to meet a member of a surviving triwing clan or possibly a returning student that Dan had annoyingly worked with before. Of course theirs always the Panda that like pretty boys.

A warm smile can win over a person sometimes...Of coarse when you have a smile like Florence or a Jagger, you learn to be quite cautious around those pearly whites. >:3
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Surzsha

Well whoever sent their note one thing's for sure, Quill at least got the message.

Also, all those teeth.

Madmann135

Great another herbivore base lifeform with overly sharp teeth.  This makes me ask if Quill have relatives in Kish'Ta clan?

Quill using Jakob as a life sized plushy... ADORABLE and hysterical.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Alondro

*Charline hmms*  Sharp, pointy giraffe teeth?  Ah... a devious idea!

*Charles gets a letter:  Quill would like to go on a date with you!  Remember to be sure to note how much she looks like a guy!  She's tried very hard to get that look and appreciates being heavily complimented on it!*  Yay!  I can do that!  Thank you secret informer person! 
*Charles is found later... in pieces...*

*Charline is pleased*   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Grey Wolf

Quote from: Madmann135 on November 11, 2011, 01:46:24 PM
Great another herbivore base lifeform with overly sharp teeth.  This makes me ask if Quill have relatives in Kish'Ta clan?

Quill using Jakob as a life sized plushy... ADORABLE and hysterical.

I was under the impression Quill was part fox?
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

Attic Rat

Those letters to Quill sound like high praise indeed for Dan.
They all assume that he will become a student of hers, since she wouldn't be likely to hurt anyone else!
"Is Good."
Yes. Yes it is. Dan should count this an honor of the most frightening sort. Considering his expression, I think he does.
I love to read between the lines...
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

justacritic

Quote from: Attic Rat on November 11, 2011, 06:38:57 PM
Those letters to Quill sound like high praise indeed for Dan.
They all assume that he will become a student of hers, since she wouldn't be likely to hurt anyone else!
"Is Good."
Yes. Yes it is. Dan should count this an honor of the most frightening sort. Considering his expression, I think he does.
I love to read between the lines...
Understanding has been achieved! Gain additional rank in suddenly realizing the punchline!

ArchTeryx

Quote from: Grey Wolf on November 11, 2011, 05:09:29 PM
I was under the impression Quill was part fox?

Or part Wild Dog, with fox markings.  Either way, she's definitely got some carnivore in her. ^.^

Arcblade

Either way, we now see Quill is unfazed by clan Cyra.  And Destania, as it turns out.  I'm... not terribly surprised.  Quill's a force to be reckoned with by herself.  Maybe not "accidentally turning cities into glass" powerful, but powerful all the same. 

Ted Schiller

Quill has been asked not to hurt Dan, and she thinks that's a good thing.  Dan is of the Cyran clan and a former adventurer.  Quill probably thought she would have to make him mind his manners among fellow cubi.  She appears to be pleased that is not the case.  However, the Florence Smile Of Persuasion℠ does not hurt.  Metaphorically and literally.

With regards,
Ted

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears