10/13/2011 [DMFA #1254] - Watch that first-

Started by Ghostwish, October 14, 2011, 12:06:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghostwish

Am I the only one worried about the KRAK noise at the third impact? I think he broke something.. how does that even work with shapeshifters anywho? O.o

Traveller

I warned you about stairs bro!

I told you dog!

RandomMetaphysics

Abel is now a dysfunctional Roomba.

Quote from: Ghostwish on October 14, 2011, 12:06:16 AM
Am I the only one worried about the KRAK noise at the third impact? I think he broke something.. how does that even work with shapeshifters anywho? O.o

Just because Cubi can reshape themselves doesn't mean that their bodies are immune to damage.
While falling down the stairs, I doubt Abel would be capable of concentrating enough to morph himself in such a way that he could cushion that fall.

James StarRunner

Kafzeil

Quote from: Traveller on October 14, 2011, 12:16:48 AM
I warned you about stairs bro!

I told you dog!

Dammit, someone already beat me to the punch!
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: James StarRunner on October 14, 2011, 02:25:09 AM
Everyone loves a slinky!~

Some people are like slinkies. They don't have any use, but you can't help but smile when you see them falling downstairs.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

joshofspam

A whole new meaning of "Taking a flight of stairs" has been seen here.

As far as comparing Abel to a slinky goes...Well...It sounds like he made it all the way down and still is alive...I guess that puts him ahead of most Slinky's and people that drop down them. :U
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ghostwish on October 14, 2011, 12:06:16 AM

Lorenda knows a few healing spells and Abel should too, given that he was taught magic since kindergarten and spent most of 400 years at a school that teaches magic.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mao

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 14, 2011, 03:02:18 AM
Quote from: James StarRunner on October 14, 2011, 02:25:09 AM
Everyone loves a slinky!~
Some people are like slinkies. They don't have any use, but you can't help but smile when you see them falling downstairs.

Damn, beat me to it.

I have to say, I giggled quite fiercely at this one.  It made my day in so many ways.  I swear, it's like this month is Mao month in the comic.  We get a little glimpse at the stupid but cute Regina (one of my favorites) and I get to see Abel miserable and falling down some stairs.  The best part?  I didn't even have to bribe Amber to see it, though now I feel inclined to donate a bit more than usual.

justacritic

Did Abel hate the house first or did the house hate Abel first
either way Abel you can't catch a break

thegayhare

judging by the sounds thats not true.. he may have caught a break on the third bounce

justacritic

Hey by that break he might just get ahead in life or he might lose an arm and a leg :mwaha

Scrap Fish

Oh, Amber.... You cruel, cruel person...

"Watch out for that first step - it's a doozy!"

Just spreading the confusion around. There's enough for everybody!

Tapewolf

If Alexsi's little helper is crippled for the next few days or weeks, is she going to take it out on Jyrras, Dan or Abel himself?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

joshofspam

For what its worth, Abel was rather more lucky then he actually knows.

With how Jyrras is, I'm almost surprised that Jyrras didn't install escalators where stairs would be.

Venkman_Blues

Scrap Fish

Quote from: joshofspam on October 14, 2011, 12:02:55 PM
escalators
Oh gosh, I now have an image of someone falling down an up escalator for eternity. It keeps happening!

Just spreading the confusion around. There's enough for everybody!

Arcblade

Quote from: Scrap Fish on October 14, 2011, 01:32:39 PM
Quote from: joshofspam on October 14, 2011, 12:02:55 PM
escalators
Oh gosh, I now have an image of someone falling down an up escalator for eternity. It keeps happening!

Abel, falling forever down an escalator.  This needs to be an animated gif. 

Amber Williams

Mao

Arcblade

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 15, 2011, 12:00:03 AM
<Awesome picture of Abel falling down an Endless Staircase>

:3

Aw... Thank you Amber!  

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Turnsky

Quote from: Mao Laoren on October 15, 2011, 12:33:57 AM
^ This is my happy place.

i vote if ambaaargh ever ventures into animation, that she make one of Abel falling down an eternal staircase.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

joshofspam

That's Amber for you.

We talk about Abel eternally falling down an escalator and Amber adds a whole nother "Dimension" to it. :3

Well played Amber. Well played indeed. :)

Lego3400

Someone skilled in animation needs to copy the "Eternal fall down up escalator" from Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy with Abel replacing the random dude Mandy makes trip.

Lurkie

Ah, that one had me laughing more than the actual comic.  Thank you, Amber, thank you.
|  Space   ||   Space  ||  It's Hard  ||  A Place  ||  Burma  |
|  is Big  ||  is Dark ||   to Find   ||  to Park  ||  Shave  |

lilpuppy23

As far as I'm concerned this counts as something "nice"
http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1193.php

Oh, and the marshmallows. Although this is only a dream, If Amber is talking about when Abel is awake, then I've got nothing.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Ghostwish on October 14, 2011, 12:06:16 AMAm I the only one worried about the KRAK noise at the third impact? I think he broke something...

While it could be a breaking bone, it could instead be a breaking stair tread, or merely a solid impact of the two.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Balance

Quote from: AmigaDragon on October 16, 2011, 08:27:09 PMWhile it could be a breaking bone, it could instead be a breaking stair tread, or merely a solid impact of the two.

Besides, he was already clutching his shoulder after the first WHAM. Could be a broken collarbone or dislocated shoulder. On the other hand, note that his wings are hidden, and he was in a defensive posture (well, if hiding under a popcorn bowl counts) to start with. They could be providing some protection.