30/09/2011 [DMFA #1250] - Just Plain Awesome

Started by RobbieThe1st, September 30, 2011, 04:38:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sunblink on October 01, 2011, 08:32:43 AM
omg I love just about everything about this comic, I love the new comic page layout so much you have no idea.

It's basically two pages, so I figure this is probably a one-off unless Amber drops down to a weekly schedule.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mao

When I was talking to her, she mentioned it as a two page dealie, so yeah.  I don't think this is going to be common.  She just needed more panels to get the effect/feel of a horror movie preview... and to show off some sick backgrounds.

Stig Hemmer

Win. :boogie

Next up: My Little Pony!

On a more serious note, I think Abel likes Woody Allen movies.
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

lilpuppy23

If only I read Codename:Hunter.
Then I would understand the reference from the last comic, since I honestly don't get it.

Las Lindas, however, I do read; So the strip was funny as heck. :D

Maark30

This is a wonderful peace of work Amber,  I think Chalo will be pleased with it.  You caught his characters perfectly. 
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Stig Hemmer on October 01, 2011, 09:58:54 AM
Next up: My Little Pony!

The horror movie?

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on October 01, 2011, 02:22:37 PM
If only I read Codename:Hunter.
Then I would understand the reference from the last comic, since I honestly don't get it.

I didn't get it because it was too small, dark and blurry to see enough detail on my old CRT.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

thegayhare

wow good to know I wasn't the only double checking my links when I first saw the page

First thought was "wait I thought I clicked DMFA"  then "how does this fit into the story link of fixing the plane?  some weird recap episode?"  at which point my brain clicked on and figured it out.   

very well done.

I think jy should leave the horror movie in a scard able might seek big brave fluff tuft to protect him from the monsters

joshofspam

This must be a clan Kish'ta production.

Now Abel will probably have nightmares of his dad coming back from the grave. After Kria got done after Dan's dad brought the body there, I have the distinct feeling that would be like meeting the Torso from 13  Ghosts.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

McKathlin

Quote from: joshofspam on October 04, 2011, 01:43:30 AM
Now Abel will probably have nightmares of his dad coming back from the grave.

I don't think Abel knows that his dad is dead.  Last we heard from Abel (http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1116.php), he was planning on killing his dad on the occasion of his (Abel's) 400th birthday.   It's Macy who finds out that Abel's father is dead, while Abel is dreaming of marshmallows and none the wiser. (http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1193.php).
"My wisdom is slightly higher than my stupidity." ~Lawenia

Maark30

Quote from: McKathlin on October 05, 2011, 04:54:43 PM
Quote from: joshofspam on October 04, 2011, 01:43:30 AM
Now Abel will probably have nightmares of his dad coming back from the grave.

I don't think Abel knows that his dad is dead.  Last we heard from Abel (http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1116.php), he was planning on killing his dad on the occasion of his (Abel's) 400th birthday.   It's Macy who finds out that Abel's father is dead, while Abel is dreaming of marshmallows and none the wiser. (http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1193.php).

He knows his dad is dad.  That is why he phrased the sentence that way and besides it was mentioned before.
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

MT Hazard

Am I the only one who thought Abel had been replaced by a feather duster in the last panel?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

McKathlin

Quote from: Maark30 on October 05, 2011, 05:30:24 PM
He knows his dad is dad.  That is why he phrased the sentence that way and besides it was mentioned before.

Shoot, I feel silly for missing that important detail.  Thanks for setting me straight.

And yes, Aniz coming back from the dead would be a horrifying thought, especially for Abel.
"My wisdom is slightly higher than my stupidity." ~Lawenia