09/02/11 [CVRPG IV #1545] - Not Too Worn

Started by joshofspam, September 02, 2011, 02:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshofspam

A message you definitely don't want your significant other to think about.

Alec is a Paladin, right? Maybe a shiny white armor would suit him more. Then again, having that much light reflecting of of Alec would probably not be such a great situation for the wedding.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Gabi

It would also take a while to take off.

In any case, I like Link. Almost everything he does or says is funny.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Destina Faroda

Since Princess is a Thief, Alec could go with this outfit. (enlarged for clarity) ;)

Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Zen

Quote from: Darkmoon on September 05, 2011, 12:45:31 PM
Where is that sprite originally from?

I guess these clothes belong to Locke Cole from Final Fantasy VI, but I'm not sure.

Speaking about Final Fantasy, was that robe we saw earlier from your Black mage? Does it means that he is dead? Or it was just a very similar robe?

Destina Faroda

The sprite is actually from Chrono Trigger.  It's the generic Young Adult Man sprite edited to wear Locke's outfit.  In case anyone is wondering, here is Alec in that outfit in actual size.

Here's an edit of Locke in that style, by the way (I just pasted Alec's head onto the edit below.):

Call him a treasure hunter, or he'll rip your lungs out!
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

Added to my collection. ;)

To answer the earlier question, yeah, that's the CVRPG'd Black Mage. Since Black Mages are a classes of magic users, one could die and there'd still be others running around. I've been generally non-specific about where those robes came from.

Destina Faroda

I see the warning, but I'm bumping.

I realize I made a very tiny edit to the Locke sprites since I last posted them, so I put it here.  Either version is fine for use, but this one makes him look like he's consistently wearing sleeves.

Then I threw in a bunch of sprites I'd been using here and other places, because I'm lazy.

Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

I recognize Terra, Locke (of course) along with Cloud, Aeris, Celes, one of the Sailors, and Dr. Doom. Who else is there?

Destina Faroda

The pigtailed blonde with the balls on her head (beside Aeris) is Serena from Sailor Moon.  That is easily the worst sprite edit of the lot, but I threw it in there to detract from the other poorly done ones.  See, Cloud doesn't look so bad in comparison.

The green-haired fellow in the Sailor Suit under Cloud is Glenn (Human Frog) from Chrono Trigger, of course.  Imagine if Magus has cursed Glenn into a Sailor Scout rather than changing him into a frog...or if the character took up a penchant for cross-dressing after Chrono Trigger.

Then there's the dark-haired woman with the golden horns and the green outfit.  Its none other than Marvel's Loki, since the character had a female form a little while back.  He got better since then.

Of course, these are free for ANYONE to use, or even improve upon, no credit needed.  If someone feels like using these as start to make a sprite sheet, go for it!

I should not that some of these are the 15-color versions, whereas Chrono Trigger only has 12 colors allows for sprites (13th color is for transparency).  I have 12 color versions for some of those characters.  Of course, Cloud loses the "mako eyes" in that version.
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

CVRPG uses the 15-color system, so I'm happy. ;) *steals*

EDIT: You mind if I put some of these in the CVRPG Sprite Archive online? I'll give credit, if you want.

Destina Faroda

By all means, display the ones you want there,  how much you want to attribute is up to you (they are blatant edits of CT sprites, so those original sprite artists deserve any credits).  I'd just go over them to make sure there aren't any errant pixels or extra colors.  :)

Since they're CT edits, there are slight differences between the CVRPG sprites and those sprites, so if any person decided to make a guest comic using them *hint hint* they should keep in this in mind.
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

Eh, my Shredder is just an overdone CT edit. I have no issue with that. ;)