The proper name for a group of Mows...

Started by Hariman, July 01, 2011, 11:03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshofspam

What about a Batch of Mows?

They like to snack, and cookies and brownies come in batches. Sort of a play off of when Mab gave them cookies while her friends were getting attacked by them and Mab's ever infamous Brownies.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Anker Steadfast

A lawn of mows is an inspired idea, well done Kasarn :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

terrycloth

Quote from: Gabi on July 02, 2011, 12:46:37 PM
...There are mows in My Little Pony? O.o

The parasprites from 'Swarm of the Century' look and act just like mows without the tail and antennae. I'm pretty sure they're supposed to be ripping off Tribbles, though.

Attic Rat

Yep, I went and looked it up on YouTube. The parasprites are more insect-like than mows, they reproduce by vomiting, and before a badly-chosen magic spell turned them into "anything but food" eaters, they ate normal foods.

Still, a "swarm of mows" works for me, or maybe a "cloud of mows".
Ok, this is going to be on my mind for days now. Thanks.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Maark30

Hmm, a gaggle of Fraggles and a Cloud of Mows.  Two forces of cute destruction.
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

lilpuppy23

WAIT! I'VE GOT IT!

What's the collective noun they used for the Tribbles? We'll just steal that! :mwaha

Maark30

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on July 04, 2011, 11:03:21 PM
WAIT! I'VE GOT IT!

What's the collective noun they used for the Tribbles? We'll just steal that! :mwaha

It is not stealing, it is acquireing.  :mowninja (Besides the Trekkies probably stole it first)  :mowcookie
What ever it may be  :mowsad

Quote from: Maark30 on July 05, 2011, 05:33:14 AM
What ever it may be  :mowsad
I'm very sure that'd be a Kirk of Tribbles :P

Anker Steadfast

I don't recall them using any particular name for a group of tribbles.

I still think a Lawn of Mows is brilliant. :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Naldru

Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Maark30

Quote from: Naldru on July 05, 2011, 05:59:19 PM
Well, the episode was The Trouble with Tribbles, so I suppose that a group could be called a trouble.

However, while thinking about it, I came across this.  Please look at the catchphrase under the box.  I wonder if the copywriter was at Anthrocon.

Thanks Naldru, that answers the question.   :mowcookie

:mowignore On a side note, thanks for nothing... Now I want a box of Tribbles 'n' Bits Breakfast Cereal,  lol :mowmeep

joshofspam

Quote from: Maark30 on July 06, 2011, 05:39:33 PM
Well, the episode was The Trouble with Tribbles, so I suppose that a group could be called a trouble.

However, while thinking about it, I came across this.  Please look at the catchphrase under the box.  I wonder if the copywriter was at Anthrocon.

:mowignore On a side note, thanks for nothing... Now I want a box of Tribbles 'n' Bits Breakfast Cereal,  lol :mowmeep

Eh, Demons probably called a bunch of them Giblets before they found out they couldn't die and thus where non-digestible.

Though I can't think if that would be so terrible for a Demon to pop two down the hatch. Talk about a empty calorie meal. Ehhhh, the less thought about that the better I think.

Maark30

Quote from: joshofspam on July 07, 2011, 12:12:31 PM
Quote from: Maark30 on July 06, 2011, 05:39:33 PM

Eh, Demons probably called a bunch of them Giblets before they found out they couldn't die and thus where non-digestible.

Though I can't think if that would be so terrible for a Demon to pop two down the hatch. Talk about a empty calorie meal. Ehhhh, the less thought about that the better I think.

Thanks, now my mind is calculating the amount of fiber needed to, and the pain experienced, to pass a couple of mows.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Maark30 on July 08, 2011, 12:44:14 AM
Thanks, now my mind is calculating the amount of fiber needed to, and the pain experienced, to pass a couple of mows.

In both cases, "lots". >.<
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

joshofspam

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 08, 2011, 03:18:17 AM

Hmmmm... It might require less fiber and pain then we may think.

Chances are that Mows would probably chose if they want to leave or not. With Mows loving to give huggles, I have more of a picture of a demon running around uncontrolably laughing while yelling about them hugging their inside.

P.S. And yes. I was thinking about Kria and DP running around like silly goobers screaming about having their spleen, kindneys, bladder and liver mow huggled.

OminousShadow

Quote from: joshofspam on July 08, 2011, 09:45:15 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 08, 2011, 03:18:17 AM

Hmmmm... It might require less fiber and pain then we may think.

Chances are that Mows would probably chose if they want to leave or not. With Mows loving to give huggles, I have more of a picture of a demon running around uncontrolably laughing while yelling about them hugging their inside.

P.S. And yes. I was thinking about Kria and DP running around like silly goobers screaming about having their spleen, kindneys, bladder and liver mow huggled.

I would so pay to see that happen.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

McKathlin

Quote from: Kasarn on July 02, 2011, 08:04:08 AM
A lawn of mows.

Wait, is mow (this kind  :mowsmile) pronounced like "mow" in "mow the lawn"?  For some reason I imagined it pronounced to rhyme with "cow", so that the pronunciation would approximate "Mao", or "meow" without the "e".

I think this means I should listen to the radio show so that I know how things are pronounced.  :)
"My wisdom is slightly higher than my stupidity." ~Lawenia

Mao

Quote from: McKathlin on July 13, 2011, 05:10:42 PM
Quote from: Kasarn on July 02, 2011, 08:04:08 AM
A lawn of mows.

Wait, is mow (this kind  :mowsmile) pronounced like "mow" in "mow the lawn"?  For some reason I imagined it pronounced to rhyme with "cow", so that the pronunciation would approximate "Mao", or "meow" without the "e".

I think this means I should listen to the radio show so that I know how things are pronounced.  :)

Except that the radio show is based on the approximations of other users and their guess is as good as yours. ;)

That said, when speaking to Mab, I seem to recall her pronouncing them as you have imagined.

Darkmoon

It's mow, with a soft o. So not as in "mow the lawn", but more like "the cat said 'meow'" just without the "e" sound.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Attic Rat

Let's get dramatic! A STORM OF MOWS!

Okay, enough dramatic...
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

MT Hazard

A buzz of Mows?

A giggle of Mows?

A wander of Mows?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Raffe

Hmmm, I'd have to say 'a hunger of mows' or 'a hover of mows' are my favorites :3
Hooray ellipsis!

Maark30

That's it I'm ending this once and for all  :batman.  Since the Mows seem to be the bastard offspring of Mab and Tribble, I say we call a group a 'Kirk of Mows"  :mowtongue

I'll just sit under this rock and avoid the rain of anvils.  :mowdizzy