Crazy speculation Tiem! :D

Started by Sienna Maiu - M T, April 28, 2011, 07:10:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sienna Maiu - M T

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_581.php
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1035.php
Quote from: Amber Williams on November 01, 2010, 08:19:13 PM
Fa'Lina's clan shall never see a revival.  And soon Fa'Lina will die herself! BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

*steeples fingers*
Discuss.
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

Ghostwish

They totally bunked together in college.

Naldru

According to Cyra, anything under a decade is soon to her.  There have been comments that Amber is going to end DMFA in a few years.  This would suggest that Fa'lina (who has a similar lifespan) will die before the end of the series, but provides no other information.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Mao

I'm pretty sure this has been speculated about before but:  1) The comment you quote is being taken a bit out of context in that the thread it was in was already a crazy speculation thread.  Our dear artist is known for trolling via misleading comments,  2)  Soon is a very relative term.  (See things like Valve Time etc) Particularly when talking about things that live for 1000+ years and 3) Mab never specifies who those friends are or gives any hints, while it's certainly possible that Fa'Lina is one of the ones that Mab is referring to, there's not much to back that up aside from Fa'Lina's strange comment which, while fair grounds for speculation, doesn't give a lot to work with.

Also:  With regards to the comic ending in a few years.  Sure, probably true, but how many is a few? :P

Anytime folks ask her about it, the guesstimated time changes.  This is because a lot of things affect how Amber seems to do work with the comic.  She has a story to tell and she wants to tell it all, but isn't above adding/removing/changing things as she goes.  Sometimes for the funny, sometimes because she's thought of something better or sometimes just because, and any other possible explanation.  It's a constantly moving end time as far as I can tell.  It'll be done when it's done.

Maark30

As far as Mab saying that she knows that 2 of her friends will die,  well some of Mab's friends are beings after all.  That does include ephemeral (to Mab) life spans so to her it could be natural death she is referring to as will happen with beings after all.  :mowdizzy
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: Mao Laoren on April 28, 2011, 12:18:36 PM
It's a constantly moving end time as far as I can tell.  It'll be done when it's done.

I'll be happy so long as that it'll be done when it's done, and not a moment before.
All questions being answered would be a wonderful bonus.
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Mao Laoren on April 28, 2011, 12:18:36 PMAlso:  With regards to the comic ending in a few years.  Sure, probably true, but how many is a few? :P

Anything within a decade or two, is pretty soon, I think.  :D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: Maark30 on April 28, 2011, 10:37:15 PM
As far as Mab saying that she knows that 2 of her friends will die,  well some of Mab's friends are beings after all.  That does include ephemeral (to Mab) life spans so to her it could be natural death she is referring to as will happen with beings after all.  :mowdizzy
That's a good point. And, it also leaves quite a bit to interpretation: Amber has plenty of leeway to either kill off characters or /not/, and either way it'll fit in with Mab's prophecy. That's pretty clever!

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

LordViking

I assumed (totally without any foundation to back it up) that the old/new friend comment of Fa'Lina either has to do with Mab not living chronically, or something, and they will meet later in the past... :mowdizzy
Or that Fa'Lina might have known the Fae that reincarnated as Mab after dieing.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: LordViking on May 01, 2011, 03:49:15 PM

While an interesting thought, Fae aren't phoenix. The point of dying is moving on. If memories were retained, life would be even more boring for this species. One would be caught in eternity with no means to ever leave at all.

This also makes me wonder if there's a minimum age one must be to move on.
my art thread

VAE

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on May 01, 2011, 06:40:30 PM

While an interesting thought, Fae aren't phoenix. The point of dying is moving on. If memories were retained, life would be even more boring for this species. One would be caught in eternity with no means to ever leave at all.

This also makes me wonder if there's a minimum age one must be to move on.
Hmm.. not sure... if it has a point, it's the sort like the pin left on someone's chair. A very nasty and surprising one.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: VAE on May 02, 2011, 02:11:20 AM
Hmm.. not sure... if it has a point, it's the sort like the pin left on someone's chair. A very nasty and surprising one.

Specifically for Fae, though?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

VAE

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 02, 2011, 08:22:35 AM
Quote from: VAE on May 02, 2011, 02:11:20 AM

Specifically for Fae, though?

For Fae... it's kinda like masochism :3
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Maark30

I assumed (totally without any foundation to back it up) that the old/new friend comment of Fa'Lina either has to do with Mab not living chronically, or something, and they will meet later in the past... :mowdizzy

I actually get the feeling that the old/new from another time might be a reference to one of Amber's  unwritten strips from the alternate universe where Rose took Jyrras when he was in the Fae kingdom(http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_842.php).
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Sienna Maiu - M T

I'd always just assumed it had to do with Mab playing a new role... so she was friends with Fa'Lina in another "life" she played and is friends now/again.
my art thread