15/01/2011 [DMFA# 1188] - Distraction

Started by Tapewolf, January 15, 2011, 05:49:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Looks like Abel has been inside longer than I thought, since it was day when he went in.  Though if Jy is not careful he's going to end up with a weird sleeping schedule (like Amber seems to have).

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Captain

This comic has made me think of unPG things.

Shame on you Amber, shame on you.
If you want to visit me:
Download this: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads
then go to Captain's Modded Server and look for captaiN

MT Hazard

We need signature pictures for "I believe Jyrras is gay/bi/ really confused" or maybe some "I ♥ main character"
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

... and thus another horrible DMFA fanfic was born...

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 15, 2011, 05:49:18 AM
Though if Jy is not careful he's going to end up with a weird sleeping schedule.
Pardon, what exactly do you mean with "is going to end up with"?

Quote from: MT Hazard on January 15, 2011, 06:16:28 AM
We need signature pictures for "I believe Jyrras is gay/bi/ really confused"
oooh, you mean one of those random banner things that display something different each time you load the page? :P

AxiLarin

Well, not the first time he's come across a naked Cubi.  First his former crush, now his new crush...  the poor guy needs some relief soon.

Tangent

Amber? That was delightfully deliciously evil. Well played indeed. =^-^=
Robert A. Howard, Tangents Reviews
http://www.tangents.us

Grey Wolf

Well, what do you know? Freud was right.
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

That_wolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on January 15, 2011, 06:16:28 AM
We need signature pictures for "I believe Jyrras is gay/bi/ really confused" or maybe some "I ♥ main character"

Uh... Jyyras already came out.
Abel needs a hug...

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Great, now I'm thinking the same thing..........

Not that I'm complaining, of course! >:3

Ghostwish

Naked and defenseless, bwehehehe-*gets hit by a truck*

joshofspam

The subconscious is a lot like fate, they both cheat at the cards. ;)

But this makes me wonder what others that don't actually sleep do to past the time in a house full of people that do need sleep. Just how do Deeb's and Mace pass the time when everyone else is asleep?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Gamma

I hope no one forgot that when Abel gets back to the inn he's gonna have a mallet to the face for missing his night shift. :O
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gamma on January 15, 2011, 01:33:05 PM
I hope no one forgot that when Abel gets back to the inn he's gonna have a mallet to the face for missing his night shift. :O

He was given the day off, I think, wasn't he?

Balance

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 15, 2011, 01:50:19 PM
He was given the day off, I think, wasn't he?

Well, scary-shiny-Alexsi told him to relax in the den because he looked unwell, but she didn't explicitly give him the night off, I don't think. She may assume he's out sick (which is not entirely off the mark, poor cubi), and if she's still in sunshine-mode, she probably won't mind too much.

QuoteLooks like Abel has been inside longer than I thought, since it was day when he went in.

Well, from what Alexsi said in the strip I linked above, it was apparently just a bit after noon when she sent him to the den, so say that's 12:30 PM.

He vegged out in front of the TV for a while, argued with Dan, then got rousted out by Lorenda--figure at least an hour for all of that. So let's say he left at around 1:30 PM.

Then he spent "a good hour" flying around, looking for Jyrras's house. That puts his arrival at around 2:30 PM.

He ran away from Chicki, climbed in through the window, and talked to Jyrras until the latter fell asleep. Later, he told Jyrras that he'd been asleep for about ten hours. Assuming that the whole sequence was about ten hours, that brings us to 12:30 AM.

He moved the laminator, talked to Jyrras for a while, decked Lorenda, got his mind blown in return, listened to Lorenda's explanation, and got wasted on 100-proof liquor. Even if we allow only an hour for all of that, it's still at least 1:30 AM when he finally passes out.

Abel has officially had one of those days. Tomorrow, he gets to start picking up the pieces of his brain, probably while sporting a hangover.

(Though I'll also spare a bit of sympathy for Jyrras--I hate to think how frustrated he must be right now.)

Akisohida

Naked Cubi... o.o This is why I am arachnid; no need for clothes! \o/

..Also, I scares Charlene! :D
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Jasonrevall

As far as distracting thoughts go, a naked Abel in your guest room would rank quite high on the distracto-meter.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Balance on January 15, 2011, 02:43:40 PM
Well, scary-shiny-Alexsi told him to relax in the den because he looked unwell, but she didn't explicitly give him the night off, I don't think. She may assume he's out sick (which is not entirely off the mark, poor cubi), and if she's still in sunshine-mode, she probably won't mind too much.

Yeah, I think Jyrras and Lorenda can both vouch for him being sick now...

QuoteLater, he told Jyrras that he'd been asleep for about ten hours.

That would be the bit I was missing.

OminousShadow

Quote from: Jasonrevall on January 15, 2011, 04:57:35 PM
As far as distracting thoughts go, a naked Abel in your guest room would rank quite high on the distracto-meter.

And it could be even higher if you're either Gay for Abel or Abel is shapeshifted female.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: OminousShadow on January 15, 2011, 05:07:54 PM
Quote from: Jasonrevall on January 15, 2011, 04:57:35 PM

And it could be even higher if you're either Gay for Abel or Abel is shapeshifted female.

But If you are female then Can you be Gay for a lady Abel..... or lust after him as he is?
I'm just enjoy a Jyrras and Abel fantasy?  And if Jyrras is still confused, he can have a female Abel, too...

PBH

Unsilenced

As far as distracting mental imagery goes, I can think of worse... >.>
Post of the Dead:
"When there is no more room in hell, this thread will walk the earth"

OminousShadow

Quote from: Unsilenced on January 15, 2011, 06:04:34 PM

How about naked Abel covered in Chocolate and Whipped Cream.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Colelinic

Quote from: OminousShadow on January 15, 2011, 06:06:37 PM

Well now I'm distracted... :3

Unsilenced

Quote from: OminousShadow on January 15, 2011, 06:06:37 PM

Can still think of worse.... though that may just be because I am a disturbed person.
Post of the Dead:
"When there is no more room in hell, this thread will walk the earth"

Mao

icarus

jy ought to just try to remember all the lyrics to banana phone

works like a charm...though it might drive you insane in the process.

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Ghostwish

Maark30

Quote from: joshofspam on January 15, 2011, 11:51:11 AM
The subconscious is a lot like fate, they both cheat at the cards. ;)

But this makes me wonder what others that don't actually sleep do to past the time in a house full of people that do need sleep. Just how do Deeb's and Mace pass the time when everyone else is asleep?

Well I figure that the Cubi will dream surf their friends, Mace will surf the interwebs (Intermow???) and we already saw what out little bubble bunny would do from that  one time www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_361.php
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Alondro

I'm getting this mental image of a bit of a reverse of what normally happens with cubi:  Jyrras with evil lewd intentions, sneaking into the room of a sleeping Abel at night.

>:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif