11/28/2010 [White Mage Wildy] - Not quite dead yet!

Started by AxiLarin, November 28, 2010, 07:29:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildy

Anker Steadfast

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Shachza

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on November 30, 2010, 09:34:25 PM
Quote from: Wildy on November 30, 2010, 04:31:44 PM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on November 29, 2010, 09:07:33 PM

Aw, just admit it - you love admiring yourself.  :D

Ok, I can't deny that.

All is good then - Admire away ! :D

All good?  I think not...  Some of us without characters in the main comic are quite jealous!  Grrrrr!!!  >:[
:P

:3
            <-- #1 that is!

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Shachza on November 30, 2010, 11:52:23 PM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on November 30, 2010, 09:34:25 PMAll is good then - Admire away ! :D

All good?  I think not...  Some of us without characters in the main comic are quite jealous!  Grrrrr!!!  >:[

Given the amount of hilarity/ drama Am- Wildy's character has provided us over the years, I think she's more than due a bit of admiration.....*raises a hoof and a headwing*
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Turnsky

Quote from: Shachza on November 30, 2010, 11:52:23 PM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on November 30, 2010, 09:34:25 PM
Quote from: Wildy on November 30, 2010, 04:31:44 PM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on November 29, 2010, 09:07:33 PM

Aw, just admit it - you love admiring yourself.  :D

Ok, I can't deny that.

All is good then - Admire away ! :D

All good?  I think not...  Some of us without characters in the main comic are quite jealous!  Grrrrr!!!  >:[

you do remember what happened to the last person who /really/ wanted a cameo in DMFA, right?

*places hat on chest while a funeral dirge plays in the background*

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Naldru

Are you referring to Mink's taking part in the Anvil Chorus in strip 1131.  Mink appears to be uninjured.

Thanks for the replies.  I thought the reference was to something more recent.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Maark30

I don't think that there was anything left of him to bury. :mowtongue
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Alondro

Let me see... we have the sword-loving adventurer who's found out the 'secret' about his demonic parent and powers, the wandering mage, the misunderstood mega-geek whose technology is far beyond the world's current level, and the mystical guide from an incredibly powerful race whose actions may not be as innocent and altruistic as initially believed.

All we need now is the stoic dwarf and we've got all the makings of a hero manga!  :D

Also, I suspect Amber must have a mutation in her TNF-alpha signalling, as it is one of the central factors in viral immune response.  A number of polymorphisms seem related to increased susceptibility. 

I can help using mad science!  There may be some... side effects...  :shifty
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Anker Steadfast

Basically, everyone has a character they think would fit really nicely into this/that story of whichever webcomic you might be talking about. And it's allright if the artist wanted to, the artist could totally just use it in their comic, they wouldn't mind. And so the poor artists end up with a million-and-one e-mails offering up characters of any kind, that they don't really need.

Yeah, it's been done before.
No, she probably doesn't need another one.

Yeah sure, we'd love to help her kill your characters off, but I'm sure she has plenty of ideas already!
Write a fanfic if you have something you need to get off your chest. :)

Alondro

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on December 03, 2010, 08:19:58 AM
Basically, everyone has a character they think would fit really nicely into this/that story of whichever webcomic you might be talking about. And it's allright if the artist wanted to, the artist could totally just use it in their comic, they wouldn't mind. And so the poor artists end up with a million-and-one e-mails offering up characters of any kind, that they don't really need.

Yeah sure, we'd love to help her kill your characters off, but I'm sure she has plenty of ideas already!

I was just making reference to the fact that the character profiles have a familiarity to the hero-manga genre in general and that only the dwarf remains to complete the status-quo set.  After all, I still remember Amber's old comic about slaughtering some poor slob's nameless character offscreen.  I've been on the forums for 8 years, ya know.  Not a noob.

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Naldru

Well, Amber could always add an anthropomorphic version of Charles Proteus Steinmetz, a hunch-backed German dwarf who had a pet alligator and had equipment in his laboratory at General Electric for generating artificial lightning.  (He used the artificial lightning for testing equipment for electric power generation.)  As somebody pointed out, the combination of attributes brings new meaning to the GE slogan: "we bring good things to life".  He would be a perfect associate for Jyrras.  (He was actually a much wilder character than this description implies.  However, there are space limitations.)

Edit:

Tesla versus Steinmetz - I can't wait to see the lightning round
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Maark30

Quote from: Naldru on December 03, 2010, 10:53:55 AM
Well, Amber could always add an anthropomorphic version of Charles Proteus Steinmetz, a hunch-backed German dwarf who had a pet alligator and had equipment in his laboratory at General Electric for generating artificial lightning.  (He used the artificial lightning for testing equipment for electric power generation.)  As somebody pointed out, the combination of attributes brings new meaning to the GE slogan: "we bring good things to life".  He would be a perfect associate for Jyrras.  (He was actually a much wilder character than this description implies.  However, there are space limitations.)
:mowmeep
Great idea, How about we add the greatest insane inventor of the early to mid 20th century Nicola Tesla as well.  The two of them would always try to outdo each other to impress Jyrras like little children.  Now I will shut up and stop fueling the fanfic fires. :mowdizzy

EDIT:
HEHEHE!!!!!!  I am "ebil" aint I?
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Alondro on December 03, 2010, 10:32:03 AM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on December 03, 2010, 08:19:58 AM

I was just making reference to the fact that the character profiles have a familiarity to the hero-manga genre in general and that only the dwarf remains to complete the status-quo set.  After all, I still remember Amber's old comic about slaughtering some poor slob's nameless character offscreen.  I've been on the forums for 8 years, ya know.  Not a noob.

Not to worry, I wasn't aiming at you as such, but all the "oh hai, j00 can uuzz mai charaktar!" people out there. :)

And yeah, DMFA does have the hero-group makings to it.
But a dwarf ? We already have Jyrras and Wildy.

In a group like the DMFA one, I'd say it misses a "gentle giant" type of a character more than a angry/stoic dwarf.
Imagine someone that wouldn't fall prey to Wildy's taunts ?

It would be a proper challenge for her. :)

MT Hazard

Pyroduck could be the gentle giant, in dragon form at least. He has been shown as mostly being calm and level headed.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Anker Steadfast

Pyroduck, huh ?
Didn't he once set the Lost Lake on fire ?

Mao

Naldru