Your suggestions for SAIA Mascot, Motto, and Logo

Started by jeffh4, October 04, 2010, 10:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeffh4

Other than a cursory remark about the SAIA shipping company logo, I haven't found any discussion about an appropriate Mascot, Motto, or Logo for The Succubus And Incubus Academy.

Ideas?

Tapewolf

Quote from: jeffh4 on October 04, 2010, 10:13:12 AM
Other than a cursory remark about the SAIA shipping company logo, I haven't found any discussion about an appropriate Mascot, Motto, or Logo for The Succubus And Incubus Academy.

Well, the logo would almost certainly be Fa'Lina's clan mark.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Inumo

Anker Steadfast

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Lisky

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 04, 2010, 10:14:45 AM

I disagree... if it's a neutral location, would the symbol not be something that didn't scream "THIS IS MY TURF!"?

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

VAE

Quote from: Basilisk on October 04, 2010, 08:42:57 PM

I disagree... if it's a neutral location, would the symbol not be something that didn't scream "THIS IS MY TURF!"?
I disagree... these are young cubi we are dealing with... so the symbol does need to scream THIS IS MY TURF AND YOU WILL BEHAVE YOURSELF OR GET A BOOT TO THE BOTTOM (see Keaton for example)
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

joshofspam

Quote from: Basilisk on October 04, 2010, 08:42:57 PM

Though neutral in nature, it probably needs to be said that its "Her turf. Her rules".

After all if you have that many Cubi in the same area you need a good warning sign.

Something tells me if you didn't have things to remind fighting clans about fighting on campus you would have quite a bit of mopping up to do from all the running around with pointy things.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Cogidubnus

I vote for Fi as the mascot. :3

Also, Fa'lina's turf -is- neutral territory, so her clan mark being the Logo would seem like it would make sense to me. Especially since she seems to have replaced the clan she lost with the school itself.

As for the (obligatorily latin) motto:

Brevis ipsa vita est sed malis fit longior -

Our life is short but is made longer by misfortunes.

LionHeart

Quote from: Cogidubnus on October 05, 2010, 01:10:09 AMAs for the (obligatorily latin) motto:

Brevis ipsa vita est sed malis fit longior -

Our life is short but is made longer by misfortunes.
I'd think in the case of Cubi, that their lives tend to made shorter by misfortunes. Like having the misfortune to upset the wrong people, the misfortune to run across an adventurer out for Cubi blood, the misfortune to get into a war with dragons...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

jeffh4

In keeping with Fa'Lina's reason for founding the academy, and her blunt attitude at times, how's this for a motto::

"Ignorance is death. Learning is Survival. Take your pick."

I like the idea of a Warp-Aci as a mascot, but it would need to be doing something cute.  I nominate the "Warp-Aci Bookworms"

The logo would be a Warp Aci wrapped around a huge tome, taking bites out of it.

AmigaDragon

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Evilkritter

The logo should definitely be Fa'lina's clan symbol; she founded the school as a respite from the massive devastation the Cubi-Dragon war cause (and there is strong implication that the war started over somethingONE Cubi started), if it weren't for Fa'lina there would be no Academy and a lot less surviving Cubi. Having the Symbol of a dead clan would remind students and visitors of why the school is vital to the future of the Cubi race.

Quote from: jeffh4 on October 05, 2010, 11:47:24 AM

I like it, but I think the "Take your pick" is a little to direct for Fa'lina; all other things aside she is a cunning schemer. It also fits thematically with the School history and foundation.

EDIT: I have no idea what the Mascot should be. Maybe a mass of Cubi tentacles wings?

Aisha deCabre

Heh, most everyone here has thought up of better mottos and logos than I could.

The mascot, however...there probably wouldn't be one.

Aren't mascots kinda affiliated with the school in that they're the identity of various sports teams or whatever?  Or Spelling Bee teams, whatever.  Considering SAIA is a bit of a secret school, I have doubts that they need any sports teams. x3  Ergo, no mascot.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Caswin

Quote from: LionHeart on October 05, 2010, 10:24:07 AM
I'd think in the case of Cubi, that their lives tend to made shorter by misfortunes. Like having the misfortune to upset the wrong people, the misfortune to run across an adventurer out for Cubi blood, the misfortune to get into a war with dragons...
Well, that could be anyone.  'cubi are unique in that they can literally extend their lives by causing misfortune.  There are other ways they can do that, of course, but that's what they're most infamous for.

Personally?  I don't know if you'd call it a fight song, but this seems like a good place to express what I've long thought would be appropriate theme music for SAIA: The The Wind in the Willows song "(It's Our) Secret of Survival (in a Very Nasty World)".

First you see us -- then you don't!
Now you hear us... now you won't...
It's our secret of survival in a very nasty world...
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Logo: I agree with everyone else, who said Fa'Lina's clan mark; but maybe perhaps add 3 pairs of wings (tri-wing thing) around it or something to it, so it's her clan mark, but still unique to define the school itself. It was her idea to create the school, but it's just as much hers as it is to everyone else who goes there and benefits from it. :3

Mascot: I don't know why, but I pictured a Warp-Aci dressed up as a muffin......  :erk

Motto: "Learn to Survive........or else you'll resort to "Plan B"s :P

Caswin

Now that you mention it... what about this logo?  Or is that itself an early version of Fa'Lina's clan marker?

...and why does the globe have three things hovering around it?
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Tapewolf

Quote from: Caswin on October 07, 2010, 07:08:02 PM
Now that you mention it... what about this logo?  Or is that itself an early version of Fa'Lina's clan marker?

Yes.  I actually had that page in mind when I suggested it.

Quote...and why does the globe have three things hovering around it?

I always took them to be moons.  Furrae isn't Earth, after all...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Caswin

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 08, 2010, 04:31:42 AM
Yes.  I actually had that page in mind when I suggested it.
...did I just ruin a carefully-preserved sense of fun and speculation you were carefully preserving?
Yap yap.

Anker Steadfast

Tapewolf carefully preserve something ?

Heh.

More like gleeful annihilation.  :D

Mao

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on October 08, 2010, 01:45:33 PM

Heh.

More like gleeful annihilation.  :D

Well that's one way to critique his little DMFA fanfiction... ;-]

That_wolf

'SAIA, teaching young Cubi how to feed off of beings for ______ years/decades/centuries'
Abel needs a hug...

SilentSoror

I vote love on Fa'lina's clan mark.

Motto themes of survival through learning are super!   Perhaps some more clever than Learn together, survive together
Maybe even something  cooler than Knowledge brings victory

A mascot for the whole school would be weird, but a mascot for the more active clans might be appropriate

VAE

Quote from: That_wolf on October 08, 2010, 05:22:23 PM
'SAIA, teaching young Cubi how to feed off of beings for ______ years/decades/centuries'
you don't really need to teach that... quite the opposite you need to teach them how to be able to stop feeding and not get massive headaches.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Icalasari

Logo: Her clan mark
Mascot: N/A. No need for one
Motto: Hope

Yeah, just one word, to remind them what the school symbolizes, and what Falina refuses to lose
Quote from: MT Hazard on January 08, 2011, 10:54:19 AM
Warning! This cubi has encountered an unknown error and needs to restart
Do you wish to start in safe mode ? Y/N
Loading last known good configuration.....
Loading WinMows....

SilentSoror

I thought of a mascot and I think people will like it.

Mink!  he's been there most of his life and would smashingly with the last motto suggested.

Thou shalt love the tentacle!

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Mao Laoren on October 08, 2010, 03:34:35 PM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on October 08, 2010, 01:45:33 PM

Heh.

More like gleeful annihilation.  :D

Well that's one way to critique his little DMFA fanfiction... ;-]

Aw, I meant it in a good way. :)

... and now I have to go and read that fanfiction.

NykVerien

Quote from: jeffh4 on October 05, 2010, 11:47:24 AM
In keeping with Fa'Lina's reason for founding the academy, and her blunt attitude at times, how's this for a motto::

LOVE!!! These kinds of mottos are the best!

terrycloth

Motto: "You don't have to be an insane psychopath to study here. We'll train you."

I think their mascot should be a dragon. With a bit in its mouth, and a cowboy-dressed cubi riding it.

... or the librarian. She's a good mascot.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: terrycloth on October 21, 2010, 06:51:01 PM
I think their mascot should be a dragon. With a bit in its mouth, and a cowboy-dressed cubi riding it.

That nice young lady from Sin City leaps into mind, here...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears