Your suggestions for SAIA Mascot, Motto, and Logo

Started by jeffh4, October 04, 2010, 10:13:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caswin

Quote from: jeffh4 on October 05, 2010, 11:47:24 AM
In keeping with Fa'Lina's reason for founding the academy, and her blunt attitude at times, how's this for a motto::

"Ignorance is death. Learning is Survival. Take your pick."

I like the idea of a Warp-Aci as a mascot, but it would need to be doing something cute.  I nominate the "Warp-Aci Bookworms"

The logo would be a Warp Aci wrapped around a huge tome, taking bites out of it.
I have to say, all told, I like the sound of this.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

jimsan

I think the mascot should be an Abel plushie that you could buy in the library (So Abel couldn't go in and stop people from buying them). And they would be called "Comfort-Abels".

...... might motivate him to graduate.
Remember the past.
Prepare for the future.
Live in the present.

iceick

Quote from: jimsan on October 27, 2010, 04:44:23 PM
I think the mascot should be an Abel plushie that you could buy in the library (So Abel couldn't go in and stop people from buying them). And they would be called "Comfort-Abels".

...... might motivate him to graduate.
Who said he didn't graduate, those classes he was taking when Dan was captured were probably extra cericular.
Of course considering how rare Abel's duel type (eyes, wings, color) he could be a mascot.

LionHeart

Quote from: jimsan on October 27, 2010, 04:44:23 PM
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

jimsan

I know, it was a terrible joke but I just had to.  :rolleyes
Remember the past.
Prepare for the future.
Live in the present.

iceick

Here's another idea:

Mascot: Mink

Motto: Watch out for falling anvils.
Or:       Always carry a tiny umbrella in case of anvil.

SilentSoror

Mink would be a good mascot.  But then again you'd have to get his clan leader to ok it since she's all overprotective.

horray Warp-Aci Bookworms
horray Minks!

Dimaniki clan would be more anvil appropriate

I also highly endorse the "Comfort-Abel"s!  Regardless of what's chosen the Library should totally have them!

VAE

something just occured to me - SAIA might have a logo similar to the Basic Instructions comic  
It might feature Aniz and Fa'lina in the clueless and clued roles XD
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Skodak

Well, to follow the trend, my motto will also be in a foreign language.

Intelligenz nur wird sie so weit. Hier leben von Geschick. To translate that it should be something along the lines of "Intellect only gets you so far. Here you survive on skill."

Mascot should definitely be a warp-aci of some variety, but I think it should be a completely new marking as if SAIA was its own small clan.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Skodak, mottos are usually done in Latin, specifically, rather than "just some foreign language"; unless, of course, the organisation is foreign to start with, in which case it's a whole other ball game.

... not that you should let that stop you, of course. *grin*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

VAE

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 21, 2010, 05:38:06 AM
Skodak, mottos are usually done in Latin, specifically, rather than "just some foreign language"; unless, of course, the organisation is foreign to start with, in which case it's a whole other ball game.

... not that you should let that stop you, of course. *grin*

SAIA is in a pocket dimension... i don't think it gets *more* foreign than that  :mowtongue
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

llearch n'n'daCorna

Granted. Foreign countries tend to have mottos in their own language, or Latin.

I'm pretty sure SAIA doesn't have a local language. Dialect, maybe, but language? No. And German? Definitely not.

... not that I'm trying to rain on anyone's parade or anything. *grin*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

And oh hey!  Another thread that's gone out to left field.  You guys sure are on a roll of late.  Welcome to the tea rooms. *grins*

Skodak

Eh, I'm just on a roll with German since I'm taking classes in it. And yes, Latin would be far more common. But hey, I'm not the common person  :3