13/08/2010 [DMFA #1137] - Another cat stuck in a tree

Started by Bjalf, August 13, 2010, 06:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bjalf

All's fair in tabloid journalism?

Hey, she's got wings!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Chicki's gender has yet to be established. Besides, if he or she is anything like usual insects, those who go wandering around are either drones, immature females, or possibly mature males. The huge majority of bees, for example, are the "female" drones; ants are largely sexless (as distinct from genderless) drones, with the queens and males being just a handful out of a colony of hundreds of thousands of individuals.

Whatever Ambaarrgh has planned for them should be interesting, but making assumptions and getting ahead of ourselves will just make us look like fools...

And yes. Chicki has wings! (Hrmm. votes for immature female/male on the hunt...)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Naldru

If Chicki gives Abel the camera, Abel can destroy the incriminating evidence unless she's already switched rolls of film or memory chips or whatever it uses.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tapewolf

I think people are assuming 'she' for convenience, like with Mink.

For some reason Abel's question in the last panel has me giggling like an idiot.  Taking the camera would be sensible, though.  Wing-tentacle time?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Bjalf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 13, 2010, 06:32:04 AM
Chicki's gender has yet to be established.

That's the beauty of it. The longer we assume Chicki is female, the greater the chance of an ebil surprise. Suddenly, Chicki is revealed as a male! Of course, now that her ebilness knows what we expect her to do ...  Ooh! Reverse reverse psychology!

... but making assumptions and getting ahead of ourselves will just make us look like fools...

Well, we are fools.    :B

Quote from: Naldru on August 13, 2010, 06:55:03 AM
If Chicki gives Abel the camera, Abel can destroy the incriminating evidence unless she's already switched rolls of film or memory chips or whatever it uses.

Or, lacking the necessary technological knowledge, Abel destroys the camera, and leaves the wreckage (with memory chip intact) for Jyrras to find.

Hmmm. Here Abel is high up in a tree, wearing a mini-skirt, and Chicki is on the ground, holding a camera. A perfect upskirt opportunity!

On second thought, she's already got dozens of nude pictures of him.

VAE

I'd guess Chicki is female drone , mainly due to the whole fangirl thing.
Also, whoever assumed Mink is female out of convenience ??  :erk

Also, it will be fun if (or when?  >:3)  Jyrras catches him at home with the camera, coming from the tree- remember Kria using the same tree to spy on him? Maybe he does suspect something, though so far it's just in the "a stray cat" dimensions...
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Alteisentier

Chicki's gender has yet to be established. Besides, if he or she is anything like usual insects, those who go wandering around are either drones, immature females, or possibly mature males. The huge majority of bees, for example, are the "female" drones; ants are largely sexless (as distinct from genderless) drones, with the queens and males being just a handful out of a colony of hundreds of thousands of individuals.

Whatever Ambaarrgh has planned for them should be interesting, but making assumptions and getting ahead of ourselves will just make us look like fools...

And yes. Chicki has wings! (Hrmm. votes for immature female/male on the hunt...)

I still think she's hot.
*WARNING: MAY BE BRUTALLY HONEST TO THE POINT OF INSULTING YOUR FACE; MOTHER; AND POSSIBLY YOUR DOG. PLEASE SEE YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE FURTHER DOSES IF REDUCED TO A BLUBBERING PILE OF TEARS*

Tapewolf

Is Abel afraid of insects?  Just wondering, because he didn't take kindly to those spiders.  I had been assuming his terror was related to being outed as a 'Cubi, but his insistence on calling Chicki "Scary bug thing" and climbing a tree is making me rethink that.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Bjalf

Quote from: danman on August 13, 2010, 07:41:39 AM
Also, it will be fun if (or when?  >:3)  Jyrras catches him at home with the camera, coming from the tree- remember Kria using the same tree to spy on him?

Let's hope Jyrras is not in the shower ...

Turnsky

by the sounds of the amber-rant she's been trying to do Chicki impressions.  :P

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

VAE

Quote from: Alteisentier on August 13, 2010, 07:56:09 AM

I still think she's hot.

Hehe... sheds a whole new light on why you play Zerg in SC.

EDIT: Accidentally posted inside the quote
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Sofox

Also, it will be fun if (or when?  >:3)  Jyrras catches him at home with the camera, coming from the tree- remember Kria using the same tree to spy on him?

Jyrras: You're spying on me?
Abel: No, I can prove that this isn't my camera, it's got naked pictures of me on it!
Jyrras: ...what?

AmigaDragon

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna link=topic=7672.msg336294#msg336294And yes. Chicki has wings!

And little larger than Lorenda's

Quote from: Bjalf on August 13, 2010, 07:28:12 AM
Hmmm. Here Abel is high up in a tree, wearing a mini-skirt, and Chicki is on the ground, holding a camera. A perfect upskirt opportunity!

I'd say  more of a loincloth, but same difference. ;)

Also, it will be fun if (or when?  >:3)  Jyrras catches him at home with the camera, coming from the tree- remember Kria using the same tree to spy on him?

How do we know it's the same tree?

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Congo Jack

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 13, 2010, 08:14:56 AM
Is Abel afraid of insects?  Just wondering, because he didn't take kindly to those spiders.  I had been assuming his terror was related to being outed as a 'Cubi, but his insistence on calling Chicki "Scary bug thing" and climbing a tree is making me rethink that.

Or he is just, you know, jerk.

Anri

Have to wonder if Jyrras will ever weaponize the tree in order to stop people from using it. Oh, sure, he could just have it removed... but would that be as much fun!?

Alteisentier

Quote from: Congo Jack on August 13, 2010, 11:30:56 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on August 13, 2010, 08:14:56 AM

Or he is just, you know, jerk.

Who could be a jerk to such an adorable and hug-able lass.
*WARNING: MAY BE BRUTALLY HONEST TO THE POINT OF INSULTING YOUR FACE; MOTHER; AND POSSIBLY YOUR DOG. PLEASE SEE YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE FURTHER DOSES IF REDUCED TO A BLUBBERING PILE OF TEARS*

GabrielsThoughts

:kirby Chitin is hard-ly huggable.... that isn't to say caterpillers and such aren't fuzzy, but hugs mean squishy gooey things like organs come out.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Caterpillars don't have chitin, though. Tis ants that have that, and that makes for scratchy hugs.

'pillars make for squishy hugs because they only have cartilage...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Alteisentier

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on August 13, 2010, 11:58:21 AM
:kirby Chitin is hard-ly huggable.... that isn't to say caterpillers and such aren't fuzzy, but hugs mean squishy gooey things like organs come out.

Exactly what llearch said, perfectly hug-able. It'll just take a bit of effort. Anyway; I'm perfectly sure a made up buggy thingy can sustain such interactions with its fellow bugs and comic goers, otherwise it'd be pretty boring.

lilpuppy23

If the paparazzi was following Jyrras everywhere, why would he leave his windows open?

And will that branch support Abel's weight?

Many many questions...

Starcat5

This has probably already been mentioned, but isn't the literal translation for Paparazzi something like "Buzzing Insects"? If so, then our overly friendly camera girl (?) was type cast, and I wholly approve of the joke.
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Riddle78

Hilarious! And...Delicously devious... >:3
Now why do I suddenly want Abel to say "Gentlemen" when he walks into a room and sees someone...? :mowdizzy

Anri

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 13, 2010, 12:17:20 PM
Caterpillars don't have chitin, though. Tis ants that have that, and that makes for scratchy hugs.

But not all caterpillars that look fuzzy are huggable!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megalopyge_opercularis

Alteisentier

Quote from: Anri on August 13, 2010, 03:21:51 PM

Oh man good thing I'm like a robot dragon or something 'cause that's so fucking adorable i'd have to pet it.

Captain

Chicki is really cute when she yells up that three especially in the last panel.
If you want to visit me:
Download this: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads
then go to Captain's Modded Server and look for captaiN

Grey Wolf

Yeah, when the common name for something is "tree asp", you might not wanna touch it.
'Specially if you name starts with "Cleo".

Also, how do you guys imagine Chicki's voice? In my head, it's kinda high, with an almost mechanical tone. A bit like:
"I ahm A rEE-port-errr. I tAYch the pick-tuuurrrz."
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

Draken

I have her as a bubbly blonde with a science fiction insective buzz.

Just seems to fit.  Maybe a Texan Bubbly Blonde.

She is speedily climbing up my like-chart.  She still won't top Matilda though.
"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

Anker Steadfast

I think that from the way that Chicki looks and behaves, that Amber is probably shooting for chicki to be female.
But we just won't know unless Amber spills the beans on that.
And she might never do so !!!

:eek

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Alteisentier on August 13, 2010, 03:38:45 PM

Oh man good thing I'm like a robot dragon or something 'cause that's so fucking adorable i'd have to pet it.

"Or something"? Don't you know for sure what you are?

I strongly hesitate to go with anything buzzing since most small bugs' buzzes are just the beating of their wings, not vocalizations.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Anri

Quote from: AmigaDragon on August 13, 2010, 07:29:30 PM
I strongly hesitate to go with anything buzzing since most small bugs' buzzes are just the beating of their wings, not vocalizations.

I'm thinking more like cicada trills.