24/05/2010 [AS2#103] - Uh.....

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, May 24, 2010, 12:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Okay then.

I have to wonder... what isn't allowed to go on at SAIA?

What happens at SAIA stays at SAIA? Or what?

Shell-shocked and confused...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

This one is a real "tongue tickler", wouldn't you say?

Jairus

Okay, seriously, I actually said "what the f*ck?!" at that. I think that this has gone LONG past any possible positive lesson, this is just sadistic. She has to know that he's hemophobic. Just... wow.

Though I am curious as to what she means by "it's what we all deserve." Is that more emotional manipulation on her part, or is that some part of Destania that wants to die?

EDIT: Dammit. Boxy, can you fix this please?
EDIT 2:  Danke, Herr Herumschleichen (Thank you, Mister Lurking Around)
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Tipod

I don't think I like Dan's mother.
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

Drayco84

*Too stunned and horrified to say anything.*

Vicorus

The more and more I see of Destania as part of Abel's Story, the more and more I start to believe that it is quite possible for the personality she is putting on in the present is an elaborate façade. I know it has been hundreds of years since this point, but I still find it hard to believe that any person could mellow out as much as Destania has appeared to.  Well, I guess we will see. We will see...

Aisha deCabre

...Holy crap, when Abel was ranting that she was a complete monster, he wasn't kidding.  Even I'm wondering how turning into a family woman could redeem her.  Amber, kudos, that's evil layers if I ever saw it.

Also, I must say, it's gonna be a heck of an interesting try to play this woman on the Radio Project. xP
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

SpottedKitty

Ow.   :erk

I'm almost scared to wonder just how often Destania turns up for those lectures needing to wash her hands*. She's certainly never done anything like this to Abel before, otherwise he'd have broken Mach 1 along the corridor the moment he recognised her voice.

* Whether or not she actually does...
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

Wanderer

bradypodidae

I have to keep reminding myself that almost 400 years pass between this episode the the current one in DMFA proper. A lot can happen. Something did happen to make Destania leave SAIA, setting up the meeting with Dan's father. Too much missing information. But kudos Amber, I keep sitting in for the ride because of the unexpected such as this one.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Jairus

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on May 24, 2010, 01:05:04 PM
I have to keep reminding myself that almost 400 years pass between this episode the the current one in DMFA proper. A lot can happen. Something did happen to make Destania leave SAIA, setting up the meeting with Dan's father. Too much missing information. But kudos Amber, I keep sitting in for the ride because of the unexpected such as this one.
That actually doesn't say anything, really. It's entirely possible for someone to love their family and still be a monster. I mean, isn't she planning genocide in order to protect her family? And gleefully talking about it just after she's had a heart-to-heart with her stepdaughter?

RandomMetaphysics

Now I see why Abel isn't a fan of Dan's mom :erk

At first, when I heard that "GLK!" noise, I literally said (out loud) "Holy S**T! Did she just...?! Oh my god..."
There is no word nor prhase to describe the look on my face. Horrified doesn't even come close.

VAE

Quote from: Vicorus on May 24, 2010, 12:53:04 PM
The more and more I see of Destania as part of Abel's Story, the more and more I start to believe that it is quite possible for the personality she is putting on in the present is an elaborate façade. I know it has been hundreds of years since this point, but I still find it hard to believe that any person could mellow out as much as Destania has appeared to.  Well, I guess we will see. We will see...

Why should that be thought of as "mellowing out"? This really reminds me of a recent IC analysis of star wars (Meany will know) but one important point to take from Palpatine's demise is that you want to be good to your allies and friends and bad to your enemies, not one of the inverse cases.
Destania has no reason to be evil to either her both loyal ,and in some sense impressive (remember when they met?) husband, nor their son and the first new Cyra clan member.
Abel on the other side is a son of the man she hates utterly,  the only being that comes close to how she hates dragons, and instead of helping her he is even rude.
I mean, i myself am no fan of deliberate torture, but in her place i would have punched him a couple in that arrogant nose.
Dee of course is taking it to the next level both in pace and amount of punishment.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Starcat5

:omg

Did she pirce his lip, or the underside of his jaw? I just can't tell.
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Suwako

Red and blue is a no-no. It looked like the underside of his jaw. Just wow.

Cogidubnus

Destania just can't stop killing little boys!

*ahem*

I have to concur with llearch. It makes me wonder if there are rules, per se, regarding interaction between students and faculty. My first guess would have to be that Destania is insane, and that as the teacher of pain and suffering she gets leeway to inflict said pain.

And obviously, she'd think it in a student's best interests in this case.

Shachza

OK...  This is well beyond what I thought Fa'lina would put up with in her own academy.  So either there's some sort of master plan, or Fa'lina is indisposed.

But what is so danged important that it is keeping Fa'lina away from this?!
            <-- #1 that is!

Congo Jack

The interjection naming thread strikes again!  :mowninja

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 24, 2010, 12:15:10 PM

Not much. See that red thing on the spoon? Not catchup.
What happens at SAIA stays at SAIA? Or what?

That happens to all cubi, I guess. They're monsters. They play rough.

Jairus

Quote from: Shachza on May 24, 2010, 02:55:29 PM
OK...  This is well beyond what I thought Fa'lina would put up with in her own academy.  So either there's some sort of master plan, or Fa'lina is indisposed.

But what is so danged important that it is keeping Fa'lina away from this?!
Muffins.

Quote from: Congo Jack on May 24, 2010, 03:05:09 PM
Not much. See that red thing on the spoon? Not catchup.
Tomato sauce for the linguini. EVIL linguini.

joshofspam

It's kind of strange how she tells Abel here about fault and what they deserve. But it could be her life's lesson's make her feel that way about herself and thus cubi in general are monsters.

Her lesson for Abel, embrace the monster you are or it will destroy you.

Her harsh mothods might mean that pattlings are a furthest thing from a students mind when they upset a teacher. :U
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Les

You can't have kids at SAIA.

You can't kill anyone at SAIA.

That seems to be pretty much it as far as rules go.  Fa'lina seems to be a practitioner of the 'that which does not kill you makes you stronger' philosophy.  Keep in mind she hales from a clan of extra-cuddly midwives who were wiped-out in a day, asking her to round-off the sharp bits in her own acadamy is likely to not land on a sympathetic ear with her.

Also, Destania's almost motherly demeanor with Abel as she coaches him on how to Not Die from the wound SHE Inflicted just makes this update Uber-Creepy.  Today's lesson, Never mouth-off to anything infinitely more dangerous than you.

And Destania is Not insane.  Insanity indicates one lacks a fundamental ability to distinguish objective reality from subjective fantasy, including the differentiation between 'right' and 'wrong'.  Destania is not insane, she knows full well what she's doing and where it belongs on most objective evaluations of right and wrong.   She's just Evil.
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

Icalasari

Quote from: MT Hazard on January 08, 2011, 10:54:19 AM
Warning! This cubi has encountered an unknown error and needs to restart
Do you wish to start in safe mode ? Y/N
Loading last known good configuration.....
Loading WinMows....

joshofspam

Quote from: Les on May 24, 2010, 03:19:43 PM

That seems to be pretty much it as far as rules go.  Fa'lina seems to be a practitioner of the 'that which does not kill you makes you stronger' philosophy.  Keep in mind she hales from a clan of extra-cuddly midwives who were wiped-out in a day, asking her to round-off the sharp bits in her own acadamy is likely to not land on a sympathetic ear with her.

Also, Destania's almost motherly demeanor with Abel as she coaches him on how to Not Die from the wound SHE Inflicted just makes this update Uber-Creepy.  Today's lesson, Never mouth-off to anything infinitely more dangerous than you.

And Destania is Not insane.  Insanity indicates one lacks a fundamental ability to distinguish objective reality from subjective fantasy, including the differentiation between 'right' and 'wrong'.  Destania is not insane, she knows full well what she's doing and where it belongs on most objective evaluations of right and wrong.   She's just Evil.

Let's not forget this is a school filled with all kinds of clan's and that probably needs lot of lean way in the rules or the acadamy would be throwing out kids left and right and teachers may need a more hands on aproach to deal with some of the kids.

Remember you have kids that for all intents and purposes have knife sets on their backs. Sure she might get in a little trouble for maybe stretching the rules to have an excuse to hurt Abel. But this does make me wonder if Fa'lina is giving abel tough love by letting Abel suffer an injory from Destania. It does teach him to avoid the stronger types though.

Nice over shadowing as Destinia is leaving Amber.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

jeffh4

Quote from: danman on May 24, 2010, 01:32:52 PM
Abel on the other side is a son of the man she hates utterly,  the only being that comes close to how she hates dragons, and instead of helping her he is even rude.
I'm not convinced of that.  If Aniz welcomed her back into his arms, I think she'd go willingly.  Not only that, but they both despise dragons, and Aniz's master plan may be the same as Destania's: wipe out the dragon race.

This scene does make me wonder what it would take to make Abel fight back. Or for that matter, what it would take for him to decide to leave SAIA. His hemophelia is preventing him from fighting back right now, of course.

Alondro

*Charline giggles like a schoolgirl!*  This is SOOOOO my kind of evil!  Utterly sadistic and mind-warpingly wicked!  Like a cat toying with a mouse, maiming it a little at a time until it moves in for the kill when it gets too injured and disabled to be interesting any longer.

As to how Destania could unexpectedly mellow... oh, I have a theory about that.  Meeting up with an enemy possessing the same whole-heartedly cruel personality as yourself, but finding your own types of tactics used against you and being forced to face the pain you've caused to others can be a real eye-opening.

Well, it can be.  It didn't work against me, but it can work that way often enough. 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

VAE

Quote from: jeffh4 on May 24, 2010, 04:16:52 PM
Quote from: danman on May 24, 2010, 01:32:52 PM
I'm not convinced of that.  If Aniz welcomed her back into his arms, I think she'd go willingly.  Not only that, but they both despise dragons, and Aniz's master plan may be the same as Destania's: wipe out the dragon race.

This scene does make me wonder what it would take to make Abel fight back. Or for that matter, what it would take for him to decide to leave SAIA. His hemophelia is preventing him from fighting back right now, of course.

Wow, do you think Dee has such a lack of personal pride and self value that she would leap into the embrace of someone who kicked her away like dirty sock?
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

SoWhatIfImFurry

Did she just pierced her finger THROUGH HIS ****ING JAW!?
Ok, now I'm hoping that she dies sometime in the main comic. I honestly wouldn't lose any sleep over it if something like that were to happen to her... :mowignore

Prof B Hunnydew

OMG This event should be enough to force Fa'lina to send Destania away.  Fa'lina can't let this thing go on without some kind of punishment...  If this forces Abel to do something, great, it just may do that, and Fa'lina will not say why or how long Destania would gone for to anyone.  Abel will go on guessing when she will return, but it will set him to get training, now.  And not wait until his father's next SAIA visit is almost upon him.(under a 100 years).  
or
Fa'lina will ask her to train Abel, which I don't think with happen.  Yes, I know Dee said that she trained Abel to Alexsi, but to cubi this is little spat, maybe a lesson. And she could have been do this to Abel off and on, with increasing violence next time.

PBH

terrycloth

Quote from: Les on May 24, 2010, 03:19:43 PM

That seems to be pretty much it as far as rules go.

You forgot 'no running in the hallways'. And 'no Abel in the library'. :P

Keleth

Quote from: Mao Laoren on May 24, 2010, 12:17:00 PM
This one is a real "tongue tickler", wouldn't you say?

More of a suckle on the gooey cream filled center  :P
Help! I'm gay!