24/05/2010 [AS2#103] - Uh.....

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, May 24, 2010, 12:15:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Congo Jack

Quote from: jeffh4 on May 28, 2010, 09:01:35 AM
Unfortunately, Cubi do live for millennia and no one has ever labeled their race as "wise" or "mature."

Agree, except I'd put that label on cubi culture, not race.

Mao

Keleth

Help! I'm gay!

Damaris

Wooo! Amber posting as Damaris!  Now to rise to power and abuse it before the real Damaris finds out! Nya ha ha hahaha~

I realize Mr. Congo that you seem to have a really high expectation that the Academy is to fault for Cubi being dinks and that it's a stagnation ground.  The reality is that its well...just a college.  And I suppose my experience in college is that it is there to teach lessons but it isn't there to tell you what kind of person you are.  And unfortunately many Cubi are quite capable of being dinks with or without an educational system around.

I also am sad to admit that is probably my own shoddy writing.  I haven't really done a good job highlighting the actual culture since I've focused on characters who are sort of off from the standard fare.  Cause lets face it, the exceptions and deviants from the norm are usually the more interesting and as a result I ended up making it seem like the oddballs are the norm.   To get all starwarsy, you guys are following the Anakin rather than the random youngling #279 who will end up being a jedi perfectly normal.  In reality the majority of the students at SAIA do use it for its purpose: a school in which to hone their abilities, learn their culture, expand ideas, make friends...and then they move onto life.  This will probably get better reflected with Dan returns the Academy for his first month o lessons.

In other news, I'm working out the next Abel's Stories and I've decided I want to post two pages together rather than just the one so there may be a somewhat delay on the schedule I set up.  I'll be mentioning this on the main page shortly once my brain defrags from "oh god driving"

Thirdly, BWHAHAHAHA...ABSOLUTE POWER. *rolls around in Damaris' account*

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

bradypodidae

Quote from: Damaris on May 28, 2010, 12:28:16 PM

*MEEP!*  :U
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Jairus

*kneels* What is thy bidding, my Mistress?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Congo Jack

*Got rolled over by Damaris' account*

Hey! I saw your license plate!  :<

Yeah, I think I doth generalized to much.  :mowsad

Anker Steadfast

Whoa ... Damaris got Amber-Rolled ?

:erk

Dang!

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Jairus

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on May 28, 2010, 06:15:51 PM
Whoa ... Damaris got Amber-Rolled ?

:erk

Dang!
And Amber is never gonna give it up, never gonna let it down, never gonna turn around and desert it...
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Arcblade

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.  We're all doomed.   >:3

Mao

Guys, just because Amber posted doesn't mean you all have to come in and try to post silly stuff to try and get her attention.

no_fun_allowed.jpg

If we had an macro that could suit that, it'd be awesome, but for now.. this will have to do:  >:[

Drayco84

Wooo! Amber posting as Damaris!  Now to rise to power and abuse it before the real Damaris finds out! Nya ha ha hahaha~

I realize Mr. Congo that you seem to have a really high expectation that the Academy is to fault for Cubi being dinks and that it's a stagnation ground.  The reality is that its well...just a college.  And I suppose my experience in college is that it is there to teach lessons but it isn't there to tell you what kind of person you are.  And unfortunately many Cubi are quite capable of being dinks with or without an educational system around.

I also am sad to admit that is probably my own shoddy writing.  I haven't really done a good job highlighting the actual culture since I've focused on characters who are sort of off from the standard fare.  Cause lets face it, the exceptions and deviants from the norm are usually the more interesting and as a result I ended up making it seem like the oddballs are the norm.   To get all starwarsy, you guys are following the Anakin rather than the random youngling #279 who will end up being a jedi perfectly normal.  In reality the majority of the students at SAIA do use it for its purpose: a school in which to hone their abilities, learn their culture, expand ideas, make friends...and then they move onto life.  This will probably get better reflected with Dan returns the Academy for his first month o lessons.

In other news, I'm working out the next Abel's Stories and I've decided I want to post two pages together rather than just the one so there may be a somewhat delay on the schedule I set up.  I'll be mentioning this on the main page shortly once my brain defrags from "oh god driving"

See kiddies, THIS is why you lock your computer when you walk away, ESPECIALLY if you let Firefox remember your passwords for you. One never knows what kind of insane, but lovable, oddballs will manage to get their hands on it, ESPECIALLY ones that have been invited in...

EDIT: This has been a public service announcement from Drayco. I now only owe twenty-three hours of community service.

Turnsky

The reality is that its well...just a college. 

it's not like colleges have done much worse, anyways.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Arcblade on May 29, 2010, 12:54:28 AM
Quote from: Damaris on May 28, 2010, 12:28:16 PMThirdly, BWHAHAHAHA...ABSOLUTE POWER. *rolls around in Damaris' account*
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.  We're all doomed.   >:3

You are working from the assumption that power corrupts.
But if knowledge is power, then it would mean that knowledge corrupts as well ?

Besides, absolute power, would be kinda neat. :)

Which incidentaly loops back very nicely to the topic, Destania certainly have power over Abel, (right now at least), but does that make her corrupt ?

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Caswin

Quote from: Anker Steadfast
Which incidentaly loops back very nicely to the topic, Destania certainly have power over Abel, (right now at least), but does that make her corrupt ?
Given that she just used her superior power to beat him up and stabbed him in the -- *spends five minutes searching for the right term and gives up* -- lower jaw, I would lean towards "yes". (That stands even if the she does have a lesson in mind, for surely, a known sadist and professional torturer would never abuse her power over poor old Abel for petty, malicious reasons.)
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Ryy Lazurus

Well, Now I love Destania as a character. She's not a basic black or white kinda gal. Her actions against Abel where excessive and brutal, but he acted like an idiot by annoying her. Yes, her actions where evil, but in a manner that I think has more to do with megalomania than psychoses. He was beneath her in the scales of sheer power and experience (what their age difference? A couple hundred years?) and she might of wanted to remind him of that.

Bare in mind that she didn't kill him, and I'm sure that she felt no emotion in what she did. Ever inch of her movements calculated and planned. Other reasons? Abel being there, his father not? Wanting to help Abel in the most sever way posable ("Now prove me wrong") or maybe simple boredom.

Either way, I'm really enjoying the ride.

Kaerou

Honestly i've detested Destania as a character ever since I found out she's trying to commit genocide.

by Silverfoxr! Thank you!

VAE

Quote from: Kaerou on May 30, 2010, 05:35:36 AM
Honestly i've detested Destania as a character ever since I found out she's trying to commit genocide.
Yup, in comparison , the dragons want everyone to be friends, just like Barney the purple dinosaur!
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Congo Jack

Quote from: Kaerou on May 30, 2010, 05:35:36 AM
Do onto others what they do onto you.

It's not like her every living relative (save for mother) was murdered because they were her relatives, not for something they personally did. Not like herself and any of her possible children will be hunted forever, never having a chance for peaceful life. Not until she stop that was by winning it. Or die trying. Don't you forget that killing all dragons is an impossible, titanic task that all cubi before her failed and gave up trying. Not like handing poisoned candy to orphans or something.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I knew I'd forgotten to do something. *goes and demotes Damaris' account* ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Caswin

Quote from: Ryy Lazurus on May 30, 2010, 01:36:17 AMYes, her actions where evil, but in a manner that I think has more to do with megalomania than psychoses. He was beneath her in the scales of sheer power and experience (what their age difference? A couple hundred years?) and she might of wanted to remind him of that.
Ever inch of her movements calculated and planned. Other reasons? Abel being there, his father not? Wanting to help Abel in the most sever way posable ("Now prove me wrong") or maybe simple boredom.
For what it's worth, all of those (with the exception of the "Now prove me wrong" implication, which I actually find surprisingly plausible, even brilliant, though if that was the effect it could easily be by accident on her part... but never mind that, you may be on to something, man!) sound like acts of unmitigated evil to me.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

lilpuppy23

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 30, 2010, 04:51:17 PM

Is Damaris with Amber or something? Or did Amber hack Damaris' account? The latter I am unsure of for I recall Amber saying the Computers hate her. Or is Damaris cosplaying as Amber? I'm so Confused!!!!

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on May 31, 2010, 01:32:28 PM
Is Damaris with Amber or something? Or did Amber hack Damaris' account? The latter I am unsure of for I recall Amber saying the Computers hate her. Or is Damaris cosplaying as Amber? I'm so Confused!!!!
If I am not mistaken, Amber is currently at Damaris & Darkmoon's house, or nearby.

lilpuppy23

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on May 31, 2010, 01:56:27 PM
If I am not mistaken, Amber is currently at Damaris & Darkmoon's house, or nearby.

Oh, OK. That answers my question nicely. Thank you Techmaster.

VAE

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 30, 2010, 04:51:17 PM

The bolded word makes me intrigued.
I wonder how would an Amber costume look.
Does it have antennae and include a bedsheet ?
Are there plush eyeglasses ?
Soo much possibilities...
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth