05/09/2010 [DMFA#1116] - It makes family reunions a little trickier, certainly.

Started by Jairus, May 09, 2010, 02:40:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Unsilenced on May 09, 2010, 06:24:33 PM

Also: Family reunions that involve single combat are the best kind!

Ah not when firearms are available...to all parties.

PBH

Congo Jack

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 09, 2010, 05:55:53 PM
Quote from: Congo Jack on May 09, 2010, 05:45:22 PM
True, cubi's way of life is not being who they seem to be. Still, wasn't the whole mess of Dan not being recognized as a cubi from the start, only possible because he has only one cubi parent?
Whatever race Dan's father is, he would have known that his son was likely a 'Cubi, since he knew he was marrying one and the wings on their son being the same as Destania's is a pretty big clue :P

The 'mess' of Dan not knowing was caused by both his parents vanishing before he was - in their opinion - old enough to know.  Why they left it quite that late is something we don't have an answer to.

If you're suggesting that his headwings didn't come in at birth because he had Being blood, that's not actually how it works.  You're either born completely 'Cubi or not 'Cubi at all, and if you're a 'Cubi, your headwings come in when you reach adulthood, regardless of whether you had one or two 'Cubi as parents.
See also: http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_304.php

EDIT:
IIRC from Amber's comments, Aary's headwings came in around 19, which is considered very early.  Both her parents were 'Cubi.
Oh, you're right. Somehow I thought that pureblood cubi newborn would look differently than Dan was (dead giveaway cubi signs like changing wings into tentacles randomly, for example).  :mowdizzy

Unsilenced

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on May 09, 2010, 07:09:54 PM

PBH

Firearms are available at all good parties!

wait...
Post of the Dead:
"When there is no more room in hell, this thread will walk the earth"

Anker Steadfast

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Unsilenced

Post of the Dead:
"When there is no more room in hell, this thread will walk the earth"

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Unsilenced on May 09, 2010, 07:20:05 PM
Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on May 09, 2010, 07:09:54 PM
PBH
Firearms are available at all good parties!
wait...
Well that would reduce the guest list for the next reunion.

PBH

Psychedelic Mushroom

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: jeffh4 on May 09, 2010, 03:33:59 PM
I was re-reading today's comic and had a thought.  Abel has been trying so hard to not let anyone know anything about him or his past. He has wanted everyone to know absolutely zero personal information about him and his family.  Now he's confiding this to Dan.

Maybe that dream had a profound effect on old freckle-face.

It could be because of the dream or it could be the fact that Aniz is already dead and there's no point in keeping a secret.

I have a feeling that Dan's dad, Edward, may have killed Aniz and that's why Abel feels compelled to tell him.  Dan could know something about it, if his father told him anything in "father to son" confidentiality. And if I was in Abel's shoes, I'd be curious to know how my plans were.....I mean father was killed.  :3

Maybe Dan should get him a "I'm sorry my Dad killed your Dad" card, and have a gift certificate inside.  :P

LionHeart

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on May 09, 2010, 03:25:02 PM
I do believe Abel's definition of a "birthday" is outdated as well.

Gift Certificates? What are Gift Certificates?
They're what you give someone when you can't be bothered to actually choose a gift for them.

Also, my theory on what happened to Aniz:

He came to Lost Lake many years ago, looking for an identity to steal. He came across one Edward Ti'Fiona, grabbed him, and began reading his mind for the info needed to take over his life. Unfortunately, this was just after Edward remarried...

The shock of discovering just who Edward's new wife was left him paralysed just long enough for the adventurer to take him out. And that was the end of Aniz.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Congo Jack

Quote from: LionHeart on May 10, 2010, 01:35:14 AM

Also, my theory on what happened to Aniz:

He came to Lost Lake many years ago, looking for an identity to steal. He came across one Edward Ti'Fiona, grabbed him, and began reading his mind for the info needed to take over his life. Unfortunately, this was just after Edward remarried...

The shock of discovering just who Edward's new wife was left him paralysed just long enough for the adventurer to take him out. And that was the end of Aniz.
No, I'm sure after being married happily to one, Edward placed "no killing cubi" policy in his place.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Jairus on May 09, 2010, 02:40:39 AM
EDIT: 1K parties might involve your descendants who have disappointed you most and whiffle bats. Or muffins. Probably muffins.

What's a 1k party?

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 09, 2010, 06:29:03 AM
Quote from: Rambon on May 09, 2010, 06:07:59 AM
Although on another hand... how old was Aniz? He could have quite easily died from old age if he was anywhere near the 3000 mark.
He would be about 840 in the present day.  (see here )

Aniz may not have died of old age yet, but his decisions may have caught up with and ended him (via Edward).

"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Bjalf

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Bjalf on May 10, 2010, 06:27:28 AM
Quote from: Unsilenced on May 09, 2010, 06:24:33 PM4: He "got a bridge dropped on him." +9001 epic if this happened.
Naah, he choked on a pretzel.

Maybe there was a Pretzel on an unstable bridge, and when he went out to get it, the bridge collapsed while he was choking!  :U

Bjalf

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on May 10, 2010, 07:04:05 AM
Maybe there was a Pretzel on an unstable bridge, and when he went out to get it, the bridge collapsed while he was choking!  :U

That's not an unstable bridge. This is an unstable bridge ...   :erk

Alondro

*The family reunion proceeds thusly*

*Abel*  My name is Abel Rewanz.  You are my father; prepare to die!

:giggle
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Madd the Sane

Quote from: Professor Fate on May 09, 2010, 09:05:15 PM
Wow Dan's reaction is quite blunt.  :.
I think Abel was hoping to scare Dan off. I don't think it worked.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

joshofspam

Quote from: Madd the Sane on May 10, 2010, 01:43:48 PM
Quote from: Professor Fate on May 09, 2010, 09:05:15 PM
Wow Dan's reaction is quite blunt.  :.
I think Abel was hoping to scare Dan off. I don't think it worked.

I think Abel is got over the shock and annoyances and is now a bit numb in the emotional department.

In other words he doesn't feel the energy to keep up such a stressful argument like he had with Wildly. Yelling at Dan wouldn't solve the problem with Dan so he's skipping to other subjects that Dan asked that are less stressful for him.

As for Dan being blunt. Well... Most adventurers seem to be that way
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

icarus

apologies if this has been brought up already, but...

http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_527.php

i find it interesting that ink doesn't refer to dan as destania's son, but rather edward's. as if y'know...edward did something abel might admire, but that even that admirable thing is a sore point with abel.

just a thought.

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Arcblade

Quote from: icarus on May 12, 2010, 06:58:15 PM

i find it interesting that ink doesn't refer to dan as destania's son, but rather edward's. as if y'know...edward did something abel might admire, but that even that admirable thing is a sore point with abel.

just a thought.

So you're thinking that perhaps Dr. Ink mentions it because Edward may have killed Aniz, therefore saving Abel the trouble and trauma?  Definitely possible. 

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Arcblade on May 12, 2010, 08:06:20 PM
Quote from: icarus on May 12, 2010, 06:58:15 PM

just a thought.

So you're thinking that perhaps Dr. Ink mentions it because Edward may have killed Aniz, therefore saving Abel the trouble and trauma?  Definitely possible. 

Considering the difference in life spans of cubi and Beings, Edward could be Abels little brother for all we know.  :U

Kira

=^,~=
Nah... I bet my 25 karma points on Ed killing Aniz.

Then again, the definition of killing has become outdated, right?

Anker Steadfast

Nah, I think Killing is still good to go .. it's the "staying dead" part that seems under reconstruction. :)

malocra

Quote from: Kira on May 13, 2010, 04:43:30 PM
=^,~=

I would agree, except that the first panel in addition of Destania's already-stated desire to completely destroy Aniz makes me figure that she just finished him off before she got to the inn.

Arcblade

Quote from: malocra on May 13, 2010, 11:12:11 PM
Quote from: Kira on May 13, 2010, 04:43:30 PM
=^,~=

I would agree, except that the first panel in addition of Destania's already-stated desire to completely destroy Aniz makes me figure that she just finished him off before she got to the inn.

Possible.  But it's been said there's no wind strong enough to not change.  She was pretty head-over-heels in love with him before crap went down, so she might have changed her mind.  Or been beaten to the punch. 

Also, welcome to the forums!   :mowsmile