Ethnic heritage discussion

Started by Techcubi, May 03, 2010, 05:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Techcubi

What the title says. Just say who you're descended, and, maybe we can even talk about it some. Me? I'm Irish, French, English, German, Norse, Swedish, alittle bit of Native American...Yeah.

VAE

3/4 slovak 1/4 moravian 1/8 jewish if you are so interested
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Sunblink

Mainly Italian on my mother's side, English on my father's.

That's it. :c I'm as white as a pillow case.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: danman on May 03, 2010, 05:54:06 PM
3/4 slovak 1/4 moravian 1/8 jewish if you are so interested

Pardon me for pointing this out, but I'm coming up with 9/8 of a person there Danman :P
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

VAE

That's right! I am the Uberman!  :mwaha
(subsets CT subsets .... although i was not that clear)
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Lisky

German and Swedish here... I'm a barbarian poster child :D

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

I'm German, Russian, Irish, Scottish, Czechoslovakian, Austrian and Polish.

Not sure about percentages, but I do know that the three biggest out of that pie chart are German, Scottish and Russian.

There's an inside joke in the family that my Nana married a "Mutt", because she is pure 100% Scottish and my Papa was Russian, Czechoslovakian, Polish and Austrian.  :P

EDIT: I double checked with my mom, no Hungarian. Oh, well good thing I asked!  :mowwink

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm not so sure about some of you lot, but I'm descended from humans.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

superluser

Quote from: danman on May 03, 2010, 05:54:06 PM3/4 slovak 1/4 moravian 1/8 jewish if you are so interested

Hey, a fellow Slovak!

I'm 1/4 Polish, 1/4 Slovak, 1/4 Anglo, 1/4 Saxon (seriously, I've got English and German heritage).  Fun fact, my grandfather was Slovak, but both of his parents were American.  They both immigrated to the US, not knowing each other, discovered each other and had my grandfather.

Edit: I also have some Scottish in there somewhere.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

VAE

Nazdar , clovece :D
Hmm, it seems there is a lot of czechoslovak blood on Clockwork forums.
We had some family in USA too ,about 30 years ago - they emigrated during the twenties. And we still have some in argentina, same time.
The first republic sucked, apparently.
Saphroneth

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 03, 2010, 07:05:48 PM

Are you sure........I thought you were just a box...... :P

VAE

It can mean a lot of things - maybe just some person had him on his head or back , and then he descended
Saphroneth

Dannysaysnoo

I'm almost entirely Scottish. Hoots.

Techcubi

This is an ethnic heritage discussion, not a Species discussion.

Aisha deCabre

According to my parents, I'm nearly four quarters of different: Irish, Scotch/English, German, and French.  Heh, currently a hybrid European born in America.

...Well heck, that's quite a chunk of the population here anyway. :3

Otherwise, as agreed with many here who gave that answer, I am in fact 100% pureblooded Homo Sapien.  With perhaps a mind more sympathetic to other species.  :rolleyes
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Drayco84

Quote from: Techcubi on May 03, 2010, 07:38:44 PM

This is an ethnic heritage discussion, not a Species discussion.
If it was, I'd inform you that I'm advance scout from another race that was sent to monitor your planet and see if there were any redeeming qualities about your species, but UNFORTUNATELY, the report I sent seemed to give the High Command the impression that the planet should be quarantined and they're refusing to send a ship back to pick me up. So thanks... Thanks. A. Whole. Friggin'. Bunch.
(<_<)
(>_>)
(<_<)
(>_>)
*Cough.* Whoops... I mean, that's my char for an RP... Somewhere... Yeah, totally.

Native American (Cherokee, I think, for specifics.) and Irish for the most part. (At least, on my mom's side.) To be brutally honest, I've never really bothered to remember, nor have I really asked. To be blunt, I'm here, and that's all that really matters. Oh, and due to said heritage, I've got a pretty nasty temper. (Normally, it's pretty well contained, though.)

Kafzeil

I'm a mix of English, Scottish, Irish, German, and Ukrainian. SO yes, I have a big ass family too. :B
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

Angel

Mostly Irish, Italian and French, with smatterings of Scottish, English, and Native American (specifically, Huron).
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Liatai

Mostly? Irish, Ukrainian, Polish, and British. I've also got touches of Italian, a dose of Native American (Mohawk, Bear Clan), and a wee bit of Scottish and Welsh mixed in with a bunch of other things. (My family is huge.)

Oh yes, and pirate.

What? Pirate totally counts as an ethnicity. One of my ancestors was a privateer during the American Revolutionary War. Legalized pirate.  :P

Unsilenced

13th generation American by paternal lineage, (father's father's father's...) so my family name has been in America since before it was America, IIRC.

Other than that, 1/4 or so German, 1/8 Korean/Chinese/Native American (they don't know which), 1/8 British and the rest... well... I have no idea/it's too diluted to be worth mentioning.
Post of the Dead:
"When there is no more room in hell, this thread will walk the earth"

Baal Hadad

Mostly Mexican, some Spanish, and at some point I had Jewish ancestors as well.  Don't know what else.

superluser

Quote from: Liatai on May 03, 2010, 08:40:16 PMWhat? Pirate totally counts as an ethnicity. One of my ancestors was a privateer during the American Revolutionary War. Legalized pirate.  :P

Hey, maybe our ancestors were allies!  My ancestors were arms traders!  Did your ancestors collaborate with Benedict Arnold, too?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Liatai

Hmm! I don't know; I'd have to consult the family records to know for sure. That's cool, though! c:

Baal Hadad

Heh, at least one of my ancestors was a priest, and some of my ancestors were first cousins....

If they'd been upstanding citizens I wouldn't exist....

VAE

well , the great grandmother of my grandmother and the great grandmother of my grandfather were sisters.
Funnily enough they both were from different villages
Saphroneth

Escher

Let's change this up a bit:

75% Korean, 25% Japanese.

Yep. Full-out East Asian here. I kinda expected more around here, considering the nature of DMFA...
"A witty saying proves nothing."
--François-Marie Arouet, "Le dîner du comte de Boulainvilliers"

Unsilenced

Quote from: Escher on May 03, 2010, 10:08:16 PM

Yep. Full-out East Asian here. I kinda expected more around here, considering the nature of DMFA...

It *is* the internet you know.

It's like, the law here that any other demographic be grossly outnumbered by overweight white males.
Post of the Dead:
"When there is no more room in hell, this thread will walk the earth"

Darkmoon

Quote from: Unsilenced on May 04, 2010, 12:00:12 AM
Quote from: Escher on May 03, 2010, 10:08:16 PM

It *is* the internet you know.

It's like, the law here that any other demographic be grossly outnumbered by overweight white males.

Speak for yourself. I'm proudly of weight, a proper weight.

Also, kill whitey. *cough* I mean, yay multiculturalism.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Cvstos

25% Greek, the rest a mish-mash of northern Europe.
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Amber Williams

I'm so mixed I spent a summer job filling in for the "It's a small world after all" ride while it was under repairs. Just me in a single room singing that over and over again while patrons walked through. :U