Started by RandomMetaphysics, April 03, 2010, 11:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandomMetaphysics

Can't... type... rofling... too...  
:mwaha
*Thud*
*laughing* Even MORE derailment! >:3

InsanityRequiem

Turn away Abel! TURN AWAY! For watching the soap will turn you into a soulless husk of a Cubi and you'll never be the same again!
Who is the sanest of us all? Why, the insane of course!

Gamma

If he's this enthralled with TV wait until he gets to see the internet. :mowdizzy
And not the whiny portion of it, though I do think he would still spend much time there laughing at them.
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

RandomMetaphysics

Quote from: Gamma on April 03, 2010, 11:53:25 PM
If he's this enthralled with TV wait until he gets to see the internet. :mowdizzy
And not the whiny portion of it, though I do think he would still spend much time there laughing at them.

Don't they have internet at SAIA?
Meh, I'm just hoping Jyrras will walk in and greet Abel.
... Abel will then realize that someone saw him watching a soap. Hilarity will follow.

On another note. I don't know why, but my gut tells me that there is something just around the corner that will blow everyone out of the water.

Chairtastic

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on April 04, 2010, 12:02:45 AM
Meh, I'm just hoping Jyrras will walk in and greet Abel.
... Abel will then realize that someone saw him watching a soap. Hilarity will follow.

Really? :O I have more of a feeling that stabbity will follow.

tikitori

celelorien

Ahahahahaa! Oh the evil, siren call of daytime television.  With hundreds of years at his disposal, never needing to sleep or properly eat, Abel could become the world's authority on whatever the equivalent of Days of Our Lives is.  Or worse, Guiding Light!! Now *THAT* show has been around for freaking EVER.

*horrified mental image of somebody walking in some day and asking who a character is on the show, and Abel reciting an entire chronological summation of everything that's ever happened to that person....*

liari

Zombified by the horribly complicated (and yet not complex) plotzorz...poor Abel. Hopefully Alexsi remembers where she stashed him and will save him from himself in a day or so.  Either that or with his new found ability to dream, this will degenerate into Jyrus having an evil twin that Dan has to run off with in order to save Lorenda from her coma.

Anri

On another note. I don't know why, but my gut tells me that there is something just around the corner that will blow everyone out of the water.

You mean those actually ARE the twins and neither knows it yet? D=

Shachza

Merlitz is back and the lake is on fire?
            <-- #1 that is!

Furour

Man, that soap actully sounds kinda interesting...

though it dosnt surprise me that Abel is apperently weak to cheesy soaps...

Another weakness of his is probably bubble baths by candle-light with a Harlequin-novel.

Naldru

Since Abel has had one dream, there is a possibility that he might have another.
Since he is watching a soap opera with a convoluted plot that involves evil twins, amnesia, poisoning, and a few other bizarre situations, there is a possibility that those elements might become part of the dream.

I could say that Amber is setting something up, but Amber is always setting something up.  In any event, the logical prediction would be a dream sequence adventure with the characters of DMFA playing a part in the ultimate soap opera.

Edit:

I just noticed that somebody else had been thinking along this route.  However, given the change in behavior of Alexsi, she would probably be the best candidate for the evil twin.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tapewolf

It's quite possible he's never seen a soap before.  Being in its own hyperrealm, SAIA would have to have a centralised TV feed since it probably can't pick up broadcasts.  It might be that only students who knew about TV would request a feed...

It's not 100% clear if SAIA has an internet link either, the framing story for the Founders arc may not be canon.  In any case, if they offer a computer course Abel might have learned to program an S360 using punch cards, or a PDP-11 in assembler and then not bothered to follow later trends...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Don't they have internet at SAIA?

So that's the real reason he spent 300 years at the academy without ever getting out. Everything makes sense now!

Anker Steadfast

Wow ... if that's the effect a television has on abel, a generally grumpy guy, imagine  what would happen if Mink got to watch television ?

... endless reruns of Dallas, and Dollars and SG1 episodes. :D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Hanii Puppy

Quote from: Shachza on April 04, 2010, 02:28:54 AM

Merlitz is back and the lake is on fire?

What's that? Is there trouble down the old mill? Or has Merlitz fallen down the abandoned mineshaft?

Jasonrevall

I lost 2 cousins an uncle and 2 aunts this way. Watch out, those soaps are dangerous.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Hanii Puppy

Quote from: Jasonrevall on April 04, 2010, 09:09:56 AM
I lost 2 cousins an uncle and 2 aunts this way. Watch out, those soaps are dangerous.

For a moment, I thought you were talking about them falling down abandoned mineshafts  :U

Lucheek

...I would totally watch/read a soap Amber wrote.

Naldru

One time I was home ill for a days and saw one of the soaps that my wife was watching.  I pointed out that the character who had been arrested for murder had been the one person who couldn't have committed the crime.  (The road that he would have had to use was blocked at a key moment.)  After it turned out that the supposedly murdered individual was still alive, my wife told me that she never wanted me to watch a soap again.

My wife's main interest now is HGTV.  Can you imagine Abel discovering HGTV and The Food Network.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

KyleEverett

I've recently been sucked into Soap storylines, mostly cause I rather enjoy the gay storylines they've added recently. Durn blasted youtube videos following just them make it easy to get involved without following the others. Yet, the others are sometimes interesting too so I make an effort to watch it on TV sometimes, much to the confusion of my roommates.

And then there's the European ones, which are actually better than the American ones.

Aisha deCabre

I just have this to say.  Amber, you should totally write soaps.  :U  I'm not even into them (my mom loves General Hospital though, and my grandmother loved Days of our Lives).  But I'd watch -this- one. xP
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Chakat Blackspots

My mom used to watch soap operas when I was a kid, back in the 80's.  She eventually grew out of them.

Morgan

Quote from: Naldru on April 04, 2010, 10:46:22 AM
My wife's main interest now is HGTV.  Can you imagine Abel discovering HGTV and The Food Network.

Omg. Abel needs to watch the Food Network for a few days and then come to my house and express his new knowledge all over my kitchen. Then, I could die happily

joshofspam

I've heard that T.V. might rut your brain.

Let's hope that this isn't the start of Abel becoming a couch potato.

Then again this could be a good time for Fa'lina to make an entrance or maybe Ducky to sneak up and ask what he's watching. :P
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Bjalf

Slightly off-topic:
There is a horrible soap called "The Bold and the Beautiful", and it started several years late in Norway, I think we were 5-6 years behind the rest of the world. So after several years the TV company decided to catch up. By just skipping 6 years worth of episodes. Wham! An abrupt 6 year forward timeshift over the weekend.

Nobody noticed.

It was the same conflicts, the same pregnancies, the same scandals, the same (real life) botched nose jobs. Nothing had happened story-wise.

I watched one episode and lost 2 IQ points.

Anker Steadfast

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Tipod

The look on his face in panel three is what does it for me. That's pretty great.

Quote from: Bjalf on April 04, 2010, 12:57:57 PM

It was the same conflicts, the same pregnancies, the same scandals, the same (real life) botched nose jobs. Nothing had happened story-wise.

That's the great thing about soaps, you can literally miss years' worth of episodes and somehow not lose anything important plotwise.
"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

Jairus

Quote from: Bjalf on April 04, 2010, 12:57:57 PM
Slightly off-topic:
There is a horrible soap called "The Bold and the Beautiful", and it started several years late in Norway, I think we were 5-6 years behind the rest of the world. So after several years the TV company decided to catch up. By just skipping 6 years worth of episodes. Wham! An abrupt 6 year forward timeshift over the weekend.

Nobody noticed.

I watched one episode and lost 2 IQ points.
That is one of the most hilarious things I've ever heard. Absolutely amazing.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Chairtastic

What if he is not in fact a victim of the idiot box? :U

His eyes seem to imply surprise; perhaps he recognizes someone on the screen, and has yet to emerge from the 'holy crap!' mind frame?

*ninjavanish*  :mowninja