Who would like Mink in the Main comic

Started by Demont, March 27, 2010, 01:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naldru

If we saw any more of Mink, it would certainly answer the question of which pronoun to use (he or she).
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Morgan

Quote from: Naldru on April 04, 2010, 08:04:56 PM
If we saw any more of Mink, it would certainly answer the question of which pronoun to use (he or she).

I didn't even know it was a question. o_O Mink is obviously male, in my opinion, and I don't need to witness his naughty bits to know that.  :3

InsanityRequiem

You never know! Mink could be a she, hiding her mammaries with the shape changing, or one of them andro... andry... man-woman people. Androgynous folk?
Who is the sanest of us all? Why, the insane of course!

Chairtastic

Quote from: InsanityRequiem on April 04, 2010, 09:56:22 PM
You never know! Mink could be a she, hiding her mammaries with the shape changing, or one of them andro... andry... man-woman people. Androgynous folk?

I believe the word you are looking for is hermaphrodite. :U

InsanityRequiem

No no. A hermaphrodite is a man with lady bits or a woman with man bits. But they still look distinctly man or woman.

Androgynous people are different. Think of a man, but turn the body into the figure of a woman. Or vice versa for a woman with a man-ish looking body. They still have their respective male/female bodies, they just look opposite.
Who is the sanest of us all? Why, the insane of course!

Bjalf

Quote from: Morgan on April 04, 2010, 08:55:26 PM

I didn't even know it was a question. o_O

You must be new here.   :D

The debate rivals that of Natani in Twokinds.   :boggle

Edit:
The fact that Amber refuses to hint either way just fuels the speculations. Great fun!

AmigaDragon

You never know. Squiggly  mythos could be like dolphins and have little to no external gender bits.

Quote from: Meany on April 04, 2010, 10:15:50 PM
I believe the word you are looking for is hermaphrodite. :U
Quote from: InsanityRequiem on April 04, 2010, 10:20:56 PM
No no. A hermaphrodite is a man with lady bits or a woman with man bits. But they still look distinctly man or woman.

According to Webster, "1 : an animal or plant having both male and female reproductive organs".
IRL, worms are hermaphrodites with both male and female reproductive organs. One worm can't self-impregnate but two can impregnate each other.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

A. Lurker

I tend to reflexively think of Mink as more 'he' these days, but there's still a margin for error...more in favor of "squiggly" or maybe "non-Euclidean" than necessarily "female" as far as I'm concerned, mind. ;)

Naldru

Quote from: Bjalf on April 05, 2010, 02:57:22 AM

Edit:
The fact that Amber refuses to hint either way just fuels the speculations. Great fun!
The situation with Natani is a little different.  I don't think that there's any question about what she is physically.  What she is mentally is a little confused, and I think that she is starting to be confused as well.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Bjalf

Quote from: Naldru on April 05, 2010, 06:26:49 AM

Edit:
The situation with Natani is a little different.  I don't think that there's any question about what she is physically.  What she is mentally is a little confused, and I think that she is starting to be confused as well.

Yes, the situation is different, but the debate is quite similar   xD

Aurawyn

Quote from: InsanityRequiem on April 04, 2010, 10:20:56 PM

Androgynous people are different. Think of a man, but turn the body into the figure of a woman. Or vice versa for a woman with a man-ish looking body. They still have their respective male/female bodies, they just look opposite.

A hermaphrodite is someone born with both ovarian tissue and testicular tissue, What you are describing is not physically possible in a natural sense in humans. There is nothing about "bits" involved. Human bits are either male of female, or somewhere in-between so that you can't tell if its one or the other. Like AmigaDragon said, worms are the only true Hermaphrodites. (No offense by Preop tranny's don't count)

Androgynous is the quest to appear neither male of female, if you have ever met someone who you looked at and were like I can't tell

This PSA brought to you by..me! lol

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Aurawyn on April 05, 2010, 07:31:36 AM
Androgynous is the quest to appear neither male of female, if you have ever met someone who you looked at and were like I can't tell

That's female, though. It's not nearly confusing enough to count. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Bjalf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 05, 2010, 08:22:47 AM
Quote from: Aurawyn on April 05, 2010, 07:31:36 AM

Naah, that's a wax figure.

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Bjalf on April 05, 2010, 08:34:17 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 05, 2010, 08:22:47 AM
Quote from: Aurawyn on April 05, 2010, 07:31:36 AMAndrogynous is the quest to appear neither male of female, if you have ever met someone who you looked at and were like I can't tell
Naah, that's a wax figure.

Of a boy.

Here's another boy, obviously.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Bjalf

Nothing I would like waking up next to, anyway   :D

Morgan

Edit:

To the forum, yes. To DMFA, no, haha.

The only thing that even remotely leaves it open to speculation for me is the fact that Mink is a mythos, and no one knows what the heck really goes on there. But to this, I say that in general, the genitalia of species has not yet seemed to differ in any other way amongst the mythos when compared to other species. Matilda's got boobs, the girlie two-headed mythos in the Hybrid Genetics arc has boobs.

I'm pretty sold on no boobs, no girl.

Also, if Mink were to go in for gender reconstruction surgery based on his personality, it would be from a male to a female, in my mind, so there's that. And by the same token, I don't think he would be hiding his lady bits for the same reason. :O

I like to think that Mink is just full of softness, joy, and a desire to do good, and that his wonderfully bubbly personality is a byproduct of being the offspring of Clan Jin. I don't even know if he's gay. If he wasn't, I would date him.  :mowhappy

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on April 05, 2010, 11:54:59 AM
Here's another boy, obviously.

... George?

Quote from: Morgan on April 05, 2010, 12:35:27 PM
I'm pretty sold on no boobs, no girl.

"He's totally a boy. Look at his boobies!"
".... Bob, we really need to have a little talk."
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Suwako

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 05, 2010, 12:52:30 PM

"He's totally a boy. Look at his boobies!"
".... Bob, we really need to have a little talk."

I could have enjoyed that D: But noooo. You just had to ruin it, didn't you? D:

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 05, 2010, 12:52:30 PM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on April 05, 2010, 11:54:59 AMHere's another boy, obviously.
... George?

Nah, Bill.

Seriously. :D

Bill Kaulitz in fact.

Edit :

Here, have another pretty picture of the boy :

See ? totally a boy. Bunny ears and all. :D

Mao

Wait, don't you mean a picture of the pretty boy?

Honestly, the first time I saw Tokyo Hotel preform.. I wasn't sure if he was a guy or not.  Then he spoke and I still wasn't quite sure.

Anker Steadfast

Well, it can be both a pretty picture and a pretty boy. :)

And yeah, he's just *that* androgyneous.
Offcourse, he gets off on it, playing on it for all it's worth, using makeup to blue the lines even more.

Pretty cool in it's own slightly twisted way.

Naldru

The main tip-off is the Adam's apple, which is why many female impersonators wear a scarf.  There are conditions in which a man can be missing the Adam's apple, but, other than major physical trauma, are normally signs of severe glandular conditions that prevent them from being functional.  (I would view castrati as being severe physical trauma.)

Edit:

Not being sexually functional (able to bear or sire children) or having reduced fertility does not mean being a trannie.  However, I don't think I've seen a normal (and what's normal) man without an Adam's apple, although it may be more more possible than I thought.  I will agree that some women have a noticeable Adam's apple, although usually smaller than a man's.

Tangent

You do know that some women have adam's apples. Without being trannies.
Robert A. Howard, Tangents Reviews
http://www.tangents.us