[Art] Gabi: updated irregularly (24/01/10 - Page 5)

Started by Gabi, November 05, 2006, 01:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabi

...Which is odd, considering I've never seen that game, nor that fairy. Do you have a picture, so I can compare?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Gabi

Aisha deCabre

Hey, those are cute!  The one with me especially.  Heh, you're quite welcome as well. ^^

I was actually fishing for halibut, but... :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Kipiru

If that's the catch on your fishing trips then count me in for next time- all purpose fox vixen season, sweat  :boogie! Really fun pic, Gabi!

Gabi

Gabi

Thanks for reopening it yet again!

I've made some drawings for a Pokemon site, and guess what! I'm finally getting the hang of shading! Here's what I've done.

James StarRunner

Ya, I'll say you're getting the hang of it!

I reaaaally need to start shading too and stop simply paint bucketing everything. XD

Kipiru

Indeed Gabi, the lighting on that jelly-thing looks awesome. Also the tongue of the croco-cutie is spot on with the shades.

Gabi

Thanks, both of you! :hug

I hope I can translate this to other kinds of characters and objects in the future. I know there's still a long way to go, but I'm glad I've managed this.

As for the lighting on the Ditto (a.k.a. jelly-thing), I used a layer on soft-light mode, selected the areas with the freehand selection tool with antialiasing and feather edges set on, and then bucket-filled them with white.

Mao

Looks good Gabi.  I was wondering though, the dragon thing, would it look better with some shading on the arm?  If it's there and I'm just not seeing it, sorry, my screen isn't the best.

Gabi

There is some. Perhaps there's too much of it.

And it's a crocodile-thing, not a dragon-thing. But I understood anyway.

Sprocketsdance

Oh how very cute! Pokemon are awesome! (even though I don't know a lot about them :animesweat) I definitely like what you do Gabi! I'll have to keep watching  :boogie

Beever

Man,  you have done triple shading on the Croki thing Tongue:) Great work!
I have not tried to put it on my so far works, maybe I shall get into it.

rt

Quote from: Gabi on May 31, 2009, 11:21:24 PMI'm finally getting the hang of shading!

Good likenesses (from what I know), and really good shading, you can hardly tell its there .. mm that's a compliment BTW .. I guess it's subtle but very effective is the better statement.

Gabi

Aww, thank you!

I did 2 tones for the tongue first, then I looked at it and felt something was missing, so I added the middle tone.

e_voyager

not really a pokeamon fain but those were some well made pictures. and i love the one of Ashia fishsing you of of the fishing pond.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Gabi

Thanks, e!

Here's something I did for Bas, based on a joke from a chatroom.

Quote from: Mel DragonkittyWhen he's the only guy in the chat we make him wear the pink feather boa.

I didn't take the effort to shade it because it's just a joke, not a serious "work of art". I offer my apologies to Basilisk2150, who said it was an awful thing to do to a demon, but still authorized me to post it here. Also sorry for not getting the size of the wings right, I didn't have any good references to work with. And on top of it all, I've just finished a sentence with a preposition.

bradypodidae

Nice! hmmm... Don't cha think Bas's "Captain Morgan" avatar would look all so spiffy with a pink boa?  :P

Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

e_voyager

poor guy but a least people don't hijack his body while he's sleeping
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Gabi

I'm back with more stuff!

First, my SS gifts for Lena: High res (no background)  - Low res (with background)

And now... a pencil sketch of my RP characters Jazmín and Leika. I'm currently playing D&D 3.5 with my brother and a few friends. These are mycharacters: Jazmín Dayat, a half-elf druid, and Leika, her beloved and loyal dog. Jazmín looks unusually calm in this picture (she's normally rather paranoid). Maybe she has finally managed to get a good night's sleep without being attacked by undead or mysterious creatures of any kind? While Leika is making full use of the canine charm which has made her everyone's favorite party member.

Lysander

Jasmin's proportions look very nice, as do her clothes. I also like Leika, really looks like a dog.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

Gabi

Thanks, Lysander. And thanks to those who commented via IM.

Here's an experiment I've just made: I'm trying an array of new techniques this time, and I've made a 100% digital image. I thought I might as well show William's face while I was at it.

It didn't turn out as good as I expected, but not so bad either, considering it was my first serious attempt at fully-digital drawing (non-serious is much easier).

Name: William Starshine
Nicknames: Will, Willy
Family: mother (Sylvia Moonbeam), father (Robert Starshine), sister (Gabrielle Starshine), may have a girlfriend by now.
Species: Red Fox.
Race: either you already know or you don't need to, he would say.
Profession: adventurer (no, he doesn't wear those glasses when he's out on a quest, but he does when he's relaxing; and they're tied behind his head under his hair).