11/20/09 [DMFA #1061] - DMFA loses its G-rating (not really)

Started by Shachza, November 20, 2009, 03:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shachza

It looks like her shirt is falling off.  I know it's just a backless top, but that last pannel...

PS  First first ever!  WOOT!   :mowcookie

What does "anka anka anka wee~" mean anyways?  Does it have something to do with how Mab just pops up randomly?
            <-- #1 that is!

Jasonrevall

yeay, Mab is back to her old self. I missed the way she took things literally and did random things.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Cvstos

DMFA never had a G rating, it was PG. And Amber has danced along that PG/PG-13 edge many times in the past.

And we thank her for it.
"The problems that exist in the world today cannot be solved by the level of thinking that created them." - Albert Einstein

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." -Albert Einstein

Lego3400

I want to know what Mab is drinking. Is that a carrot on the side the container? Is she drinking carrot juice out of a juice box?

ooklah

<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Jack McSlay

Mab seems to have the amazing ability to talk while drinking tea
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jack McSlay on November 20, 2009, 04:50:27 AM
Mab seems to have the amazing ability to talk while drinking tea

Well, she's not really a biological lifeform.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sofox

Quote from: Lego3400 on November 20, 2009, 03:22:30 AM
I want to know what Mab is drinking. Is that a carrot on the side the container? Is she drinking carrot juice out of a juice box?
It seems clearly an orange to me.

Drinking casually from a juice box while having a conversation isn't done enough by characters these days...

Ted Schiller

As for their breaking up, perhaps if Mr. Meshaiko had spoken with Kevin Dewclaw on romance with those who prey on the sentient this relationship might have been saved.   :)
By the way, how did his family get a name that means "I'm the true child" anyway?    :mowcookie

With regards,
Ted

Lucheek

Wow, Abel is strong. Doesn't even look like it's straining his back to carry a full-grown woman.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lucheek on November 20, 2009, 07:26:09 AM
Wow, Abel is strong. Doesn't even look like it's straining his back to carry a full-grown woman.

Well, he's had 350 years to learn how to do things like that, whether it be working out, some shapeshifting trick or a spell...

**EDIT**

I am kind of wondering why, if she had such a thing for Merlitz, did she not object when they kicked him out of the party...

Mao

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mao Laoren on November 20, 2009, 08:56:49 AM
You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone~
IIRC it took her about a year to realise it, though  >:3

Mao

How do you know that she didn't realize it during that time, but just couldn't do anything about it?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mao Laoren on November 20, 2009, 08:58:17 AM
How do you know that she didn't realize it during that time, but just couldn't do anything about it?
Good point.

Dagardo

I don't think Genesis is really fit to be talking (about Merlitz) to anyone right now. She's too emotional at the moment. And if she were talking to Merl, she'd probably be bawling too much for him to get a word in edgewise.

joshofspam

To dodge the puke only to get his shirt stained by tears of sadness, Abel has the worst luck with the opposite sex.

Now of to a room to sleep of the booze.

I wonder if she's going to wake up and wonder where she is?

If Meg falls for Abel too does that make Abel thus far the character with the most crushes on him?

I think Dan has the most thus far.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Scrap Fish

Quote from: Mao Laoren on November 20, 2009, 08:58:17 AM
"Checking" Lost Lake for Cubi was probably her idea for that matter.

Also, considering that Gen still considers Alexsi to be a Succubus makes me wonder what will happen when she gets back from her date.

Just spreading the confusion around. There's enough for everybody!

AndersW

Quote from: Scrap Fish on November 20, 2009, 10:00:56 AM
Also, considering that Gen still considers Alexsi to be a Succubus makes me wonder what will happen when she gets back from her date.

If Gen was waiting for Alexsi to come back from her date to confront her, I wonder where the rest of the party is. :mowwink

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Lucheek on November 20, 2009, 07:26:09 AM

You're assuming Gen IS a full-grown woman.  :P

Personally, this cements her reputation in my mind for being an annoying brat.

I laughed at the last panel, though.   :giggle  Abel and Mab have not had much "screen time" together, have they?

(By the way, I've never understood the concept of backless tops....   :rolleyes)

Shachza

Quote from: Cvstos on November 20, 2009, 03:19:39 AM
DMFA never had a G rating, it was PG. And Amber has danced along that PG/PG-13 edge many times in the past.

And we thank her for it.

I popped in before going to bed after seeing the new comic.  I didn't see a new thread and thought "This can't be right, where are all the fanatics?!"  So I resolved to be the first to post; in my haste I messed up a whole bunch of things.  My thread title alone underwent at least 3 revisions in about a minute.  Figgures that I'd still miss something.

I wouldn't worry about Alexi, she should be returning home with a dragon in tow.  I'm suddenly more worried about whether Gen and Pyro have a history...

And backless tops are smexy.  That's right, sexy AND melty!
            <-- #1 that is!

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Shachza on November 20, 2009, 11:32:23 AM

How do they even stay on, though?

Sofox

And backless tops are smexy.  That's right, sexy AND melty!

Better be careful you don't end up with it all over your trousers.

Alondro

*Charline grins evily!*  Abel should use her weakness to seduce her and devour her soul!   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Naldru

Quote from: Baal Hadad on November 20, 2009, 11:33:08 AM

How do they even stay on, though?

There is an old saying "What it reveals is interesting, what it conceals is essential".  And I believe that the possibility of the loss of concealment adds to its appeal.  (Although there were several uses of this phrase in relation to the bikini, I believe that it goes back at least to the Folies Bergere.)  Perhaps the best approach was stated by Rose in this strip.  As a last thought, I believe that the most common problem is not things falling down but things popping out.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Alondro on November 20, 2009, 12:34:14 PM
*Charline grins evily!*  Abel should use her weakness to seduce her and devour her soul!   >:3

...thus making Aniz seem like one of the CareBears in comparison.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Lego3400

Quote from: Baal Hadad on November 20, 2009, 11:28:27 AM
(By the way, I've never understood the concept of backless tops....   :rolleyes)

Allow me to point something else out. Abel is also wearing one. And Mab is as well  A good chunk of a Furre's population has wings. There are going to be some brands that cater to those that do.  We've already seen the problem that results when they hide them and wear tops with backs in the case with Kria.  It's not surpassing they be  a common fashion even witht those who don't have them as a result.

Alondro

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 20, 2009, 01:43:02 PM
Quote from: Alondro on November 20, 2009, 12:34:14 PM
*Charline grins evily!*  Abel should use her weakness to seduce her and devour her soul!   >:3

...thus making Aniz seem like one of the CareBears in comparison.

His spirit yearns for it, though deny it he may for the moment!  He must give in to the ebil!  And join me in the Dark Side!   :mwaha
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif