Clan Pumpkins (daylight Daryil Clan Pumpkin added)

Started by Sprocketsdance, November 03, 2009, 05:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sprocketsdance

Ok.. I was bored so this is what I did. (Plus I suppose it does seem pretty darn neat :3)

Clan Daryil

Daylight Daryil Pumpkin

Clan Cyra

I do have daytime pictures of the Daryil's Clan symbol pumpkin but not with me.. will upload later :B

And with the Cyra Clan symbol I... sort of screwed up three times (one being not having a proper large pumpkin to work with) and the others had to deal with cutting it properly. To suspend the middle 'O' I used thread.  :3

.. and I had to cut out a piece out of the side of said pumpkin as a patch.. :3  

As I'm sure most of you know Cyra's Clan is copywrite to Amber Williams and Daryil's is copywrite to Tapewolf :boogie

Mao

Looks pretty awesome Wuffy.  Great carving job and very good use of the thread to suspend the middle part on the Cyra symbol!  Very awesome effort!

Also:  I spots me a cute lil' Wuffy. :D

bradypodidae

Ah... classic example of gourd-like squash art! Well done, Wuff! Did you have it out for Halloween? What would the odds be of someone recognizing the source material...
:mowcookie
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Sprocketsdance

Quote from: Mao Laoren on November 03, 2009, 05:55:11 PM
Looks pretty awesome Wuffy.  Great carving job and very good use of the thread to suspend the middle part on the Cyra symbol!  Very awesome effort!

Also:  I spots me a cute lil' Wuffy. :D

Thank you! ^_^ I wasn't too sure about the thread.. but it worked :3

Also: o^_^o hehe, I wasn't trying to be in the picture.. but putting the pumpkin closer made it not look as good.. so I figured why not put in a bit of something ^^;

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on November 03, 2009, 07:53:22 PM
Ah... classic example of gourd-like squash art! Well done, Wuff! Did you have it out for Halloween? What would the odds be of someone recognizing the source material...
:mowcookie

Thanks! =D I missed Halloween for both of them.. I think. Well.. the Cyra one I did today at least :animesweat. And even if I had them out no one is around to see them :B I sort of live out in the middle of nowhere.  :mowninja

Kipiru

Nice one Wuffy- they came out really neat! What's your next project- the DMFA cast as potato sculptures  :mowmeep

Sprocketsdance

XD Don't tempt me Kip...  >:3

Oh, and thank you!  :mowhappy

Lysander

Haha, those are awesome, wuffnpuff. Creative idea, and nice, smooth cuts.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

Sprocketsdance

Hehe, thank you! I had to use an X-acto knife :3

Sprocketsdance

Wooooo!!! First double post and it's legal!! How do ya like me now mods?!?!?!  >:3

*ahem*

So here is the indoor version of the Daryil Clan's Pumpkin ^_^ and you get to see the creepy indoors of my in-laws place :B

llearch n'n'daCorna

I could work on making sure you don't double-post again, if you like...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

WhiteFox

(Beware! Ye hath raised the boxes ire!)

Cool pumpkins, tho.

Why am I imagining a shape-shifting pumpkin turning into pie?
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Sprocketsdance

XD Nice, WhiteFox and thanks ^^

(Oh.. and that's alright llearch.. really :animesweat )

bradypodidae

Quote from: WhiteFox on November 06, 2009, 08:31:07 PM
Why am I imagining a shape-shifting pumpkin turning into pie?

Pumpkin Chiffon Pie

We like to use a Graham Cracker Crust pie shell

9"                                 8"
1 Tablespoon gelatin            2 teaspoons gelatin
1/4 cup cold water               3 teaspoons water
-Mix water & gelatin, then set aside for later-
3/4 cup brown sugar            6 Tablespoons
1/2 teaspoon salt               1/3 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon            1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger            1/3 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon allspice            1/3 teaspoon allspice
1 1/3 cup pumpkin               1 cup pumpkin
3 large egg yolks               3 medium egg yolks
1/2 cup milk                  1/3 cup milk

Cook over low heat, stir until boiling.
Cook 1 minute.
Remove from heat, stir in Gelatin, cool.
When partially set, beat until smooth.
Fold in meringue, put in frig.
Chill at least two hours before serving.

Meringue:
3 egg whites
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
6 Tablespoons sugar

Beat egg whites & cream of tartar until frothy; gradually add sugar while beating until stiff & glossy.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Tapewolf

Nice.  I don't suppose you have a daylight shot of that pumpkin?

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on November 06, 2009, 10:18:31 PM
Pumpkin Chiffon Pie

I was going to do something like that.  My recipe is simpler, though.  I can't get pumpkin pack anymore, but if you take a medium pumpkin or two small ones, cut them into slices (with the seeds and pith removed) and bake them until they're really brown and the skin is starting to char in places, you can scrape out the stuff and mash it together.

You will need 1 tin of sweetened condensed milk (about 400g), 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon of ginger and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.  This will make enough for about two 9" pastry cases.

Put the condensed milk into a saucepan and heat it until it starts to become more liquid.  Then add the pumpkin pack and stir it together until it has a uniform consistency.  Add the spices.
When it starts to boil, pour it into the pastry cases and bake it until it's browning.  Stick a knife into the centre and if it comes out clean it's done.  If not, leave it for a bit longer.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sprocketsdance

Oops! I finally got the daylight shot :3 the other one was taken during the day.. just.. indoors... and the in-laws have very poor lighting >_< *excuse excuse* Ok here it is! \o/

Daylight Daryil Pumpkin

Oh, and pardon the.. slight curling of the rind since it was out for maybe a week :B good thing it didn't decay any faster.

Btw: thanks for the recipes! :boogie

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ooklah

Quote from: Kipiru on November 04, 2009, 08:37:38 AM
Nice one Wuffy- they came out really neat! What's your next project- the DMFA cast as potato sculptures  :mowmeep

she is known for her potato stealing.
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Sprocketsdance

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 13, 2009, 09:53:28 AM
Thanks, that's great!

You're welcome ^_^ glad you like it!

Quote from: ooklah on November 13, 2009, 02:26:15 PM
she is known for her potato stealing.

As for you mister... last I knew you didn't MIND me stealing your potatoes...  >:3