10/12/09 [AS2 #71] - Time to go.

Started by JackTheCubiWolf, October 12, 2009, 01:27:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackTheCubiWolf

I hope everything turns out alright.
I'm back, and tired.

Succubus_1982

Aw I'm really warming to Fa'lina. She's so sweet and maternal. Quite unexpected for a Cubi.
I'm not lazy... I'm motivationally impaired

How to be an evil Overlord Part 1|Part 2

You can Skype me at lucy_locket82 but note me first or I might delete you

Lego3400

And it looks like Fi is starting to telport both of them I was expecting him to go alone... And with her there nothing is going to happen that she can't handle.

And Honestly what they should have done was move May to SAIA. With both Destina and Falina there to protect I doubt Ainz would have tried to get at her. Pity they didn't think of it.

Janus Whitefurr

That look on Abel's face in the last panel is heart-string-pulling.

The little effect with his "no" speechbubble is just icing on the tearjerker cake.  :cry
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Succubus_1982 on October 12, 2009, 01:58:05 AM
Aw I'm really warming to Fa'lina. She's so sweet and maternal. Quite unexpected for a Cubi.

Knowing and foreseeing all that she does I suspect she's got the art of talking to students on their own individual level down pat.

And yes, that's quite an emotive comic.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tarynsgate

I certainly didn't expect her to put a hand on his wing (I suppose his shoulder is such a way down) I suppose we'll soon find out why she'll decide to adopt Abel.
Et Manu Et Corde - With hand and with heart

Tapewolf

I've just noticed the frame, or lack thereof.  Curious.  I'm wondering if it's a one-off effect due to the way Fa'Lina spans multiple panels, or whether it's a new style.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, wow.

What a neat effect. I think Amber is branching out...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Gornemant

ok I've been holding back the past couple times, but really, 2 words....
hueg melons
...  :U

Succubus_1982

Quote from: Gornemant on October 12, 2009, 09:46:22 AM
ok I've been holding back the past couple times, but really, 2 words....
hueg melons
...  :U

Aye. Well I suppose that just compounds the matronly image. Lots of bosom-space for crying into  :P
I'm not lazy... I'm motivationally impaired

How to be an evil Overlord Part 1|Part 2

You can Skype me at lucy_locket82 but note me first or I might delete you

LionHeart

Quote from: Lego3400 on October 12, 2009, 02:15:10 AMAnd Honestly what they should have done was move May to SAIA. With both Destina and Falina there to protect I doubt Ainz would have tried to get at her. Pity they didn't think of it.

I suspect it would not have been practical. Even if they had, she would have been the only Being in an academy full of Cubi, who never age (or at least do so extremely slowly, from a Being's perspective)...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Lego3400 on October 12, 2009, 02:15:10 AM

And Honestly what they should have done was move May to SAIA.

No, I don't think so. She would have been growing old surrounded by (from a Being's perspective) eternal teenagers. Including her son. I can't think of a worse torture for May, after what Aniz put her through.

Another point: would the inevitable outcome have been any better for the students, especially any who became close to May? I can see that causing more of a mental mess for Fa'lina to sweep up.

Speaking of our favourite pink poodle, is she gradually shrinking her backwings through the last couple of strips? I thought they were completely gone in the last panel today, until I saw a few feathers hanging down her back.

I'm not looking forward to the next couple of pages. And I wouldn't miss them for the world.
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

rabid_fox

Being a tactile sort of individual, I can't help imagine how bony that wingknob must be underhand.

Oh dear.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: rabid_fox on October 12, 2009, 01:48:59 PM

Being a tactile sort of individual, I can't help imagine how bony that wingknob must be underhand.

And how do you know 'Cubi have bones with their shapeshifting? :P
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

joshofspam

I wonder just who will be meeting him at his reunion with his mother?

Although if this is just before Abel go's Goth It might go just as Fa'lina said it will. Just one last visit to his mom before she dies and the crushing realization that most people he'll ever know will die before him.

Of course how Dan takes to running away screaming and if the Goth thing is caused by Abel's mothers death, seem to be two sides of the same extreme.

Sadness...Sniff sniff. :cry
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Liatai

I hope Abel remembers either to find a shirt or shapeshift himself one... I can only see his shirtlessness serving to make an already sad and awkward circumstance even more awkward.

Then again, it might not, considering that he's been shown without a shirt a few times in this story before he'd gone to SAIA. I can't imagine you'd see too many topless people in a hospital, though.  :animesweat

silentassassin

Dude Fi's tail is nearly touching himself. And let's just hope we don't see this again.

Castle Pokemetroid

I actually predict this is the point were Abel's mother dies. She's only a being, and they can live for only so long.

Lego3400

Quote from: Castle Pokemetroid on October 12, 2009, 07:54:43 PM
I actually predict this is the point were Abel's mother dies. She's only a being, and they can live for only so long.

Considering Falina said in the last strip she's in the hospital, and she's not going to live long enough for Ainz to come after her, I'm pretty sure she's on her deathbed >.>

silentassassin

Quote from: Lego3400 on October 12, 2009, 08:43:32 PM
Quote from: Castle Pokemetroid on October 12, 2009, 07:54:43 PM

Considering Falina said in the last strip she's in the hospital, and she's not going to live long enough for Ainz to come after her, I'm pretty sure she's on her deathbed >.>
Ya isn't that the entire point of the journey?

Goatmon

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 12, 2009, 06:07:59 AM
I've just noticed the frame, or lack thereof.  Curious.  I'm wondering if it's a one-off effect due to the way Fa'Lina spans multiple panels, or whether it's a new style.

boooooooobs!   :U

Dagardo

Quote from: Goatmon on October 12, 2009, 11:25:05 PM
boooooooobs!   :U

That was like, a major mood killer... at least for me. Though it is quite unfortunate that Abel was unable to see his mother before now, as Fa'lina said in the previous page. :C

Sunblink

Quote from: Dagardo on October 14, 2009, 10:42:11 PM
That was like, a major mood killer... at least for me.

Oh come on, guys, the boobs aren't that bad. I think Amber's been doing a great job drawing Fa'Lina for the past few pages. She looks so sympathetic in the last panel.

Actually, I love the art in this page in general. Warp-Aci rays!

Mao

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on October 15, 2009, 12:12:17 PM
Oh come on, guys, the boobs aren't that bad. I think Amber's been doing a great job drawing Fa'Lina for the past few pages. She looks so sympathetic in the last panel.

Hey!  HEY!  Get back in your box.

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Dagardo on October 14, 2009, 10:42:11 PM
That was like, a major mood killer... at least for me.

I'm with Keaton--even with the, ahem, chest, I don't think Fa'Lina has ever looked better than in that last panel.  :)

Sunblink

Quote from: Mao Laoren on October 15, 2009, 12:32:35 PM

Hey!  HEY!  Get back in your box.

BUT I DOAN WANNA D: It's cold and dark and my DS ran out of batteries and there's no way I can charge iiiiit.

Mao

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on October 15, 2009, 02:03:47 PM
BUT I DOAN WANNA D: It's cold and dark and my DS ran out of batteries and there's no way I can charge iiiiit.

Ok, charge your DS...AND THEN GET BACK IN YOUR BOX!

(and don't tell me that you are le tired).

Also:  I still find it funny that incredibly dramatic and important stuff is happening.. and all you folks can think about is boobs.  I thought I was simple minded...

MT Hazard

Quote from: Mao Laoren on October 15, 2009, 02:08:03 PM
Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on October 15, 2009, 02:03:47 PM

Ok, charge your DS...AND THEN GET BACK IN YOUR BOX!

(and don't tell me that you are le tired).

Also:  I still find it funny that incredibly dramatic and important stuff is happening.. and all you folks can think about is boobs.  I thought I was simple minded...

Yes, you'll upset Amber, she spends a lots of time working on background detail/story, art and other things to deliver a unparalleled webcomic experience (for free), only to log on the forum to find a discussion about one characters boobs. It's enough to make you weep.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Corgatha Taldorthar

Lowest common denominator of intelligence and maturity tends to define internet conversations. Can't say I'm surprised at the line the conversation takes.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Lucheek

Personally, I think Amber is doing a good job capturing the emotion. It's not overboard, soap-opera, dramatic-lighting DRAMA but you can still see the pain in the faces.