09/07/09 [AS2 #68] - Visit

Started by AndersW, September 07, 2009, 01:07:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndersW

senrath

Well, I guess he doesn't have to worry about Aniz killing May if she's already dying.

insidexml

I wonder if Abel'll manage to get back to his class sometime that day.
"My existence is comprised of somebody else's delusions. It's the exact opposite of the past. How completely ironic."

-Baroquemonger

"Humans that tried to trespass on God's domain, and a god that simply appeared in the realm of humans. Which of these is more sinful?"

Jairus

Yup. Had a feeling this was going to be it. Dammit, Abel just cannot catch a break in this story, can he?
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Lorien

You know, I really should have expected that.  I wonder how May will react to him, tough this being Abel's story I'm guessing it won't be pretty.

The_one_who_is_odd

Quote from: Lorien on September 07, 2009, 01:29:20 AM
You know, I really should have expected that.  I wonder how May will react to him, tough this being Abel's story I'm guessing it won't be pretty.

Yeah my guess is she'll accuse him of being responsible for everything and disown him

Jer-oh-me

Ugh, I've had this happen. I was impatient to get back to what I was doing when someone was trying to give me bad news, if they'd told me that they had bad news to give...

Indy

Quote from: Jairus on September 07, 2009, 01:18:16 AM
Yup. Had a feeling this was going to be it. Dammit, Abel just cannot catch a break in this story, can he?

Well, considering Oolong's comment about Abel having visited her for years, it's probably about time for some more tragic, mental-scar-inducing life events.

Baal Hadad

Wow.

Just...wow....

She could not have been shorter and more to the point than that....

celelorien

Quote from: Indy on September 07, 2009, 01:34:26 AM
Well, considering Oolong's comment about Abel having visited her for years, it's probably about time for some more tragic, mental-scar-inducing life events.

True.  I think Abel just made the D8 face at Fa'Lina.  Or at the very least,  :<  I think he's going to be expecting to see her just as she was, and her being much older (and who can say exactly how much older at this point?) is going to freak him out majorly.  Plus the reversal-freak-out of him not seeming to have aged a day... >>;;

Janus Whitefurr

Serious discussion points notwithstanding, Abel pulls off the irritated/jaded student look very well in the first panel. Eyerolling at the ceiling, utterly disinterested in what's to be said. Of course, now it's said, his reaction will probably run the gamut and then burn out spectacularly.

Also, anyone who thinks May would disown her only son is a cynic. It's a possibility, but jesus. It could be a sad and tearful farewell with FAMILY LOVE you know. Cynics, the lot of you!
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

jimsan

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on September 07, 2009, 01:50:28 AM
Serious discussion points notwithstanding, Abel pulls off the irritated/jaded student look very well in the first panel. Eyerolling at the ceiling, utterly disinterested in what's to be said. Of course, now it's said, his reaction will probably run the gamut and then burn out spectacularly.

Also, anyone who thinks May would disown her only son is a cynic. It's a possibility, but jesus. It could be a sad and tearful farewell with FAMILY LOVE you know. Cynics, the lot of you!

Very Cynical. I'll remain stoic on the situation, due to its; nature.....   (I know, I'm stupid.... :rolleyes)
Remember the past.
Prepare for the future.
Live in the present.

Zedd

It was bound to happen one way or another

Kipiru

Man, you have to watch what you wsih for around Fa'Lina, cause she might do it  >:3

Tapewolf

Well, this had to happen eventually.  I do have to wonder whether Aniz will be there in some shape or form, though.

Aside from that, I am kind of curious how Fa'Lina knows this.  My understanding was that her omniscience is restricted to the inside of the Academy, not events outside it.
Of course, it's possible she requested the 'Cubi based in Zinvth keep an eye on May for her.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

MT Hazard

At least we have some kind of idea how long he's been at SAIA, less than a couple of decades probably, given May was probably forty-ish when he arrived there, the trauma shorting her life, I'd say a decade or less.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on September 07, 2009, 05:43:29 AM
At least we have some kind of idea how long he's been at SAIA, less than a couple of decades probably, given May was probably forty-ish when he arrived there, the trauma shorting her life, I'd say a decade or less.
Maybe.  I'd say it's somewhere between 10-30 years.

Now... is Fa'Lina going to give him a chance to change, or is he going to go there "looking like a pervert"?  Or is he going to give the clothing morph business a spin?

Brownie

"Your mum's Dying, you have to see her, and Your fake dad will probably kill her.
Have fun!"

There's nothing wrong with being insanely pointy but that could've been a small build-up to soften it a little.
It's like running into a brick wall. It hurts and it's sudden.

Howl

*reappears*

Shame it ends now, but I like seeing Abel relaxed. Shame it has to end, though. All in all, I like him best when he's not forcing himself to be a jackass or being all broken.

rabid_fox

Oh dear.

Tapewolf

Quote from: rabid_fox on September 07, 2009, 08:05:55 AM
Flowers on her grave?

Hopefully that might indicate that Aniz will only show up after she's been put in the ground.

Hmm.  Do you think she'll leave the house to Abel?

Sprocketsdance

I love how Fa'Lina doesn't give him a choice in the matter. It's probably good not to make it an arguable point.

Rambon

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 07, 2009, 08:12:03 AM
Quote from: rabid_fox on September 07, 2009, 08:05:55 AM
Flowers on her grave?

Hopefully that might indicate that Aniz will only show up after she's been put in the ground.

Hmm.  Do you think she'll leave the house to Abel?

If she did, I don't think Abel kept it. After all, in the regular DMFA time-line, wasn't he in the academy for 300+ years? Then again... This is a demon city we're talking about so... Who knows?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Rambon on September 07, 2009, 08:40:49 AM
If she did, I don't think Abel kept it. After all, in the regular DMFA time-line, wasn't he in the academy for 400+ years? Then again... This is a demon city we're talking about so... Who knows?

Who knows indeed.  He might have sold it and kept the proceeds in a bank, gathering interest over the next 300 years.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Slightly smarter would be renting it out. 300+ years of rent would be a hefty sum, and you can bet that land prices have gone up in the intervening time...

I'm sure there would be companies to manage that sort of thing for Creatures who weren't in town for centuries at a stretch; it's a market niche...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 07, 2009, 09:42:10 AM
Slightly smarter would be renting it out. 300+ years of rent would be a hefty sum, and you can bet that land prices have gone up in the intervening time...

I was going to suggest that too, actually.  I figured there is a risk that someone might trash it in the intervening 300 years, though I guess that would really be between him and the management company.  Though how long companies tend to last in Furrae is itself an interesting question.

Lucheek

Fa'Lina must have a very nice view, she keeps looking out the window.

Corgatha Taldorthar

I'm in a hurry, so I don't have time to look up links, but I seem to recall Dee saying at some point that Abel hasn't left SAIA since he stepped in until Fa'Lina dragged him to be Dan's bodyguard.

Now, that might not be taken literally, and mean that he never stopped his studies, or Dee simply might not be aware of this trip, but I'm wondering if there's going to be some sort of disaster that will abort the trip to Zinvth.

EDIT
Quote from: Lucheek on September 07, 2009, 10:16:17 AM
Fa'Lina must have a very nice view, she keeps looking out the window.
I think Amber does it so you can see Fa'Lina's back framed by the light coming in from the window. It makes her look as a semi-divine figure of majesty and power.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on September 07, 2009, 09:47:31 AM
I was going to suggest that too, actually.  I figured there is a risk that someone might trash it in the intervening 300 years, though I guess that would really be between him and the management company.  Though how long companies tend to last in Furrae is itself an interesting question.

A slightly more interesting risk is that someone moves in, and the family stays there... and starts treating it like a family home. Not a big problem, until he comes back...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 07, 2009, 11:24:33 AM
A slightly more interesting risk is that someone moves in, and the family stays there... and starts treating it like a family home. Not a big problem, until he comes back...

Oh, I like that idea.