0 (0%)
 -
0 (0%)
 ?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 07, 2007, 10:35:44 PM

Shadrok

Well, finally decided to start posting some of my art here. First is an old pic of Shadrok.

Full name: Shadrok Lycaonus
Species: Wolf-Squirrel
Race: Creature

The story behind Shadrok's creation:

Shadrok is a combination of my dad's coat of arms and my mom's coat of arms. On my dad's coat of arms there is a white wolf, on my mom's coat of arms though there was no animal except in its crest; which was a red squirrel. So basically this makes his dad a wolf and his mom a squirrel. As for him being a pilot, that's just my fondness of aviation showing through.

_____________________________________ *Art Index* ____________________________________

*NEW* 25 min face *NEW*

Frankcoonstine
More like me
Zak's model sheet
Block
Now with more pumpkin
Trio of 6
Well now
OC eye
3D
Were Moon
Blink
Prophet
Chia Colored
Do you see what I see?
Here there be dragons
More OC Art
In the Darkness
Bust
Cats and Cookies
Warning Cuteness Colored
Warning Cuteness
Full Avatar
Crazy
Fodder
Silverfox
Knight
face
Flying
Gabi Finished
Wildy And Jyrras
Blue
Wolf
WP
Open Canvas
Gabi
Charline
An early wolf
Sketches
Alex
Perspective practice
Cubi Clans
On a cold day
Art Preview
Happy New Year
*MA* Inner demon released *MA*
aggravation
King Grey Finished
Ideas Needed
King Grey
How I draw
Q.F.I.
computers
Anger or sorrow
Model sheets
Chill'n with Zedd
Fire in the night
Halloween
Sub and Hippie
A wet wolf
Meg
James StarRunner
Redtooth done
Rage
Sick day
Redtooth
Zak
More wolves
Wolf guard
Kim
Sidney colored
Burn boxie burn
Officer wolf
A working wolf
Sidney
Drake Manaweilder
TGH
Meh
Another wolf added
Suretooth
Steeljaw

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Nikki

*claps* pwetty art!

Hmmm...i have ebil idea....*scurries off*

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Paladin Sheppard

Nikki

Quote from: Paladin Sheppard on July 21, 2006, 10:31:45 AM
Shadrok run while you can mate!
Hush you!!

besides, Trees aren't ebil =3
...unless yer crashing into them... :bat

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Shadrok

* The George of The Jungle theme song starts to play in the background. *

What the...?

Anyway now for something new.

Click for larger view
[/url]

This is Megan and Kimberly who are part of Shadrock's crew.
Meg (The fox) is the second in command and Kim (The Raccoon) is the ship's mechanic.
There are three other crew members that I am developing. One is the ship's weapons expert, another is the cook, and the last one is the scout, but more on them when I have actually refined their details out some more.

xHaZxMaTx

No one's wearing shoes, they're feet must be cold. D:

Dakata

Nice arts, Shaddy.

Hazzy, they're furres. FURRES DON'T WEAR SHOES.

...Unless they're uber-civilized. D:

Edit: Meg reminds me of Wildy. D:

Shadrok

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on July 22, 2006, 01:18:18 AM

Well about as cold as Mab's, Aaryanna's,  Kira's, or Jyrras' Sisters' feet.

Look in comics 404, 497, 329, and 344 for the feet.

Quote from: Dakata on July 22, 2006, 01:20:07 AM
Nice arts, Shaddy.

Hazzy, they're furres. FURRES DON'T WEAR SHOES.

...Unless they're uber-civilized. D:

Edit: Meg reminds me of Wildy. D:

D:  :ferret

I think it's the red hair, blue eyes, green shirt, and blue jeans.

Wildy is one of my favorite DMFA cast members and I guess it's showing.
:ferret :bow

xHaZxMaTx

Hmm.. guess I never really noticed 'till now.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Shadrok on July 21, 2006, 02:02:17 AM
Species: Wolf-Squirrel

(Tries to add squirrel-teeth to Shadrok's avatar.  Fails.)

Quote from: Shadrok on July 22, 2006, 02:26:27 AM
Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on July 22, 2006, 01:18:18 AM

Well about as cold as Mab's, Aaryanna's,  Kira's, or Jyrras' Sisters' feet.

Never noticed that before - only the females go barefoot in DMFA.
Be that as it may, you wouldn't catch me running barefoot in a workshop, garage or hangar - even if I had pads on my soles.
Removing nails, wood splinters from those crates, or the detritus from metalwork out of my feet would not be fun!

The only complaint I can make is that your creatures all have the same basic shape - I assumed the raccoon was another canid.  You might want to look into that at some stage.  You're way better than me, of course.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Nikki

Shadrok

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 22, 2006, 10:40:52 AM
Never noticed that before - only the females go barefoot in DMFA.
Be that as it may, you wouldn't catch me running barefoot in a workshop, garage or hangar - even if I had pads on my soles.
Removing nails, wood splinters from those crates, or the detritus from metalwork out of my feet would not be fun!

Dan has gone a couple of times bare foot.

As for foot safety I guess when you're doing some things foot ware is a must much like safety glasses. I do tend to go around bare foot a lot myself and I guess I just never thought about the shoe issue with my charactors.

The only complaint I can make is that your creatures all have the same basic shape - I assumed the raccoon was another canid.  You might want to look into that at some stage.  You're way better than me, of course.

What about her build looks too canid?

Click for larger view
[/url]

Tapewolf

Quote from: Shadrok on July 22, 2006, 05:55:45 PM
Dan has gone a couple of times bare foot.

The only ones I've seen of him barefoot were when he was a kid, and when he was changing out of his soiled shoes in the mall.  Counterexamples are welcome, of course.

QuoteAs for foot safety I guess when you're doing some things foot ware is a must much like safety glasses. I do tend to go around bare foot a lot myself and I guess I just never thought about the shoe issue with my charactors.

Yeah, it's just that a hangar is one of those places, IMHO :)

The only complaint I can make is that your creatures all have the same basic shape - I assumed the raccoon was another canid. 

Her head and face.  I don't really have the artists eye to explain what's wrong.  The ears seem to be the right shape, I think it's the muzzle really.  If her face had the white and black raccoon colouring it would be more obvious, I guess..

Shadrok

The only complaint I can make is that your creatures all have the same basic shape - I assumed the raccoon was another canid. 

Her head and face.  I don't really have the artists eye to explain what's wrong.  The ears seem to be the right shape, I think it's the muzzle really.  If her face had the white and black raccoon colouring it would be more obvious, I guess..

I was thinking the muzzle was a bit big. It's just one of the areas I have to work on . :reading

Suwako

Ow may, I haven't posted anything in Shadrok's threat of awsome? Lets change that shall we?

The shadings just too cool. Medium build, nice.  :mowsmile

Tapewolf

Quote from: Shadrok on July 23, 2006, 01:19:27 AM
The ears seem to be the right shape, I think it's the muzzle really.  If her face had the white and black raccoon colouring it would be more obvious, I guess..

I was thinking the muzzle was a bit big. It's just one of the areas I have to work on . :reading

That's it, I think- it needs to be shorter and smaller.  It would probably help if the mask was darker as well - I may experiment with that and try lightening the fur on her face, although I can't do much about the muzzle by myself.

By the way, did you get any further with those wolves?

**EDIT**

These are some experiments I tried.  Bear in mind you don't even get raccoons here, so my references could be way off (like the Panther cover this).

Top left is the original.
Top right, I darkened the mask and stretched it into the ruff-thing on her cheek.
Checking my references again, I noticed that the mask usually runs down, not across, so I tried that (bottom left) - I also made it run fully across her face.
Bottom right, I tried making her fur paler.  I don't think it worked too well (I seem to have bleached her nose also).

I think the bottom-left is the best one, but as I say, I've never seen a raccoon.  Any comments?

Tiger_T

Google is a friend. ;)
http://images.google.de/images?q=racoon&hl=de&btnG=Bilder-Suche

Also there's [Tales of the Questor] to cite for an example for anthro-racoons.

Very nice!
I'd say the fur-pattern from the upper right with the fur-color from the lower right would be a good match.
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Shadrok

The third and second one look like something I can aim for or there abouts. As for the last one, my first thought was  " D: she's been turned into Michael Jackson  :laugh " the bleach comment didn't help matters.

As for reference photos I should do some searches, when I did the drawing I only had two photos to work from.

Thanks for the input though.

As for the wolves JP I haven't worked much on them lately but I will try to have some sketches ready by Thursday if they're what your wanting I'll color them. It's not the coloring that takes me so long, its the actual sketching and in my other works the shading.

On another note the Meg and Kim pic was done completely in photoshop, something I have recently started and will likely try to do more of.

Tiger_T

Do you know these 3D pictures where you cross your eyes for the effect?

Try it with this one:
;)

big-picture-link

It's simple to look at it. Just cross your eyes so that you see three pictures. then hold the eyes and focus on the middle one.

I hope you like it.
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tiger_T on July 25, 2006, 06:20:03 PM

Try it with this one:

How the hell did you do that?  I've never seen it done on normal images before.

Paladin Sheppard

Drake Manaweilder

Just throwing my 2cents in, but i recently was waching a show on racoons and I notised that they seem to have more pointed and smaller mussels than wolves/foxes ect. The mask also seems to mainly cover the eyes with a small gap between with a darker color than the fur but lighter than the mask.

by any chance do you do requests? sorta looken for an avi..

Zina

I think the main problem is that there really is no difference between the way you draw canines and the way you draw racoons. They both seem to have the same head, face and build. If you take away the coloring, you wouldn't be able to tell which is the racoon and which in the canine.
Racoon faces should be wider and the muzzle should be narrower and shorter, and more pointed at the end. Their marking are also a little bit more complicated than what you have here. Look at the links people offered, especially the one of real racoons.
She also looks slightly off balance, but that's just me being nit-picky.
I do like your coloring, though. And your ability to draw an entire scene is something I'm jealous of. Keep it up. X3

Jack McSlay

I think the main problem is that her colors and shapes reminds of a german shepherd before anything else. also the ears could be smaller and roundier, coupled with a thin snout, in order to resemble a racoon better
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Tiger_T

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 26, 2006, 03:53:43 AM
Quote from: Tiger_T on July 25, 2006, 06:20:03 PM

Try it with this one:

It depends on the fact that our eyes see 2 slightly different pictures and our brain translates these into one 3D image.
All you've got to do is to imagine what a picture would look like, if you looked at it in 3D and from a slightly different angle.
If you look carefully you'll see slight differences between the left and right picture. (left=original ; right=altered)
The left one is what your right eye will see and the left eye will look at the right one. So the right picture needs to be the 'more-to-the-left-angle'-picture for the propper effect.

edit: I hope this is ok with 'Tower of Art Rules #4'  :rolleyes
Tigriel's got a guest:

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tiger_T on July 26, 2006, 07:12:37 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on July 26, 2006, 03:53:43 AM
It depends on the fact that our eyes see 2 slightly different pictures and our brain translates these into one 3D image.

I know roughly how it works, I was wondering whether you did it manually or through software.  And as I say, I've only ever seen it done on random-looking images until today.  Thanks for pointing out that the left is unchanged - I was wondering if you'd had to modify both of them.

Tiger_T

Well, that'd work too. The only requirement really is the differing POV.
All changes were done manually.
Tigriel's got a guest:

Shadrok

I hope this is ok with 'Tower of Art Rules #4'  :rolleyes
Tiger T I think your ok for rule #4 you didn't clam it as your art.
Also I was unable to see the trick. *shrugs* Always had issues with the find the boat pictures too; you know the abstract pictures where you had to look at it till your vision blurred.

Quote from: Zina on July 26, 2006, 03:44:39 PM
I think the main problem is that there really is no difference between the way you draw canines and the way you draw racoons. They both seem to have the same head, face and build. If you take away the coloring, you wouldn't be able to tell which is the racoon and which in the canine.
Racoon faces should be wider and the muzzle should be narrower and shorter, and more pointed at the end. Their marking are also a little bit more complicated than what you have here. Look at the links people offered, especially the one of real racoons.
She also looks slightly off balance, but that's just me being nit-picky.
I do like your coloring, though. And your ability to draw an entire scene is something I'm jealous of. Keep it up. X3

She is supposed to be slightly off balance. I was trying for the look that she was walking over to Meg but someone called her name as the picture was taken, but I noticed when I was doing the shading that her back leg is a bit too even with the front leg. Also don't like how one of her eyes turned out. Well I did do it in Photoshop where I usually only color my pictures rather then draw them.

Thanks everyone for the input and complements I'll put them into the next drawing of Kim.

As for the avi Drake Manaweilder Pm me the description, it mite take a couple of days to work on it but I'll see what I can do. Now if you'll excuse me I hear some wolves calling me.

Tiger_T

Quote from: Shadrok on July 26, 2006, 09:42:29 PM
I hope this is ok with 'Tower of Art Rules #4'  :rolleyes
Tiger T I think your ok for rule #4 you didn't clam it as your art.
Also I was unable to see the trick. *shrugs* Always had issues with the find the boat pictures too; you know the abstract pictures where you had to look at it till your vision blurred.
Thanks Shadrok.
Aww.
Yes, I know the MagicEye pictures, but I find them a lot harder to see the 3D in.
Tigriel's got a guest:

Shadrok

Here are the sketches I said I would post today for JP morris.

The first one I posted before on the old DMFA forum but I couldn't remember if it was what he wanted or not.

Steeljaw, Captian of the guard

Click for larger view

The guard to the warg city

Click for larger view

Suretooth the weaver : The first two sketches are scanned from my sketch book and the other two are edits from those scans.

Click for larger view

The ones that are good I will ink and color and post them tomorrow, the ones that are not will be re-drawn.