-
0 (0%)
 ?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 07, 2007, 10:35:44 PM

Shadrok

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on May 07, 2007, 07:49:10 PM
Low poly + bump maps = game model?  It looks damn nice for being low-poly, must be the shiny.  Love the textures, that's something I could never get right.

Low poly = not much time to work on model (in my case that is)

The model was intended for an animation, I didn't have Maya when I started the model so I had to try and work as much as I could in a couple of hours I had at college. By the time I had the program I was being rushed to animate it so I never raised the poly count. (which is 17,073 if you're wondering)

As for what the texture is it's a Blinn. I used Maya's UV editer to map it for the bump and paint textures. There are 21 different textures on the plane, and the plane is not in one piece but 72 different parts.

Also the flaps move.
The prop has a script on it so that it rotates endlessly.

Shadrok

I was debating on posting this before I left for vacation but decided to post it after.
This drawing came about as I was trying new ideas in how I draw a face.

After I drew it I noticed that it looked like a forum goer. *scatches his head* But I don't remember what their name was.

Zedd

Shadrok

Something I drew at work today.
I'm not too happy with the left eye but over all I still like how it turned out for a 15 min. sketch.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Shadrok on May 29, 2007, 08:52:20 PM
Something I drew at work today.
I'm not too happy with the left eye but over all I still like how it turned out for a 15 min. sketch.
I'd go with that.  As you say the left eye (his right) has a fluff and it looks to be a little too big if that's cleaned up.  It's still a good piece of work.  Are you intending to leave  it that way or draw the torso as well?  Because I'd be interested to see what the entire figure would look like.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Shadrok

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 30, 2007, 04:09:09 AM
Are you intending to leave  it that way or draw the torso as well?  Because I'd be interested to see what the entire figure would look like.

I might, I do need to get out of an old habit I have of filling a sketch book with drawings of just heads; so I think I might.

GabrielsThoughts

clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

King Of Hearts

Nice templar vibe... clean shaven... definitely good pencilwork in the whole piece.

Shadrok

For those who remember the birthday sketch I did for Silverfox, (back on page 5 of this thread) I finally finished coloring it.

Shadrok

Some might remember this pic from the old DMFA forum, well I've decided to develop of the little character in the top panel.

His name is Fodder, and he always seems to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Zedd

Hehehe...Lock up your daughters! Shoot your sons!

Kenji

Bad Fodder. How can you not like the taste of nuclear explosion? D:

Shadrok

I was thumbing through my sketch book an found this

I was wanting to post some new stuff but lately I've been in a sort of  :meh kind of art mood.

I don't know I'll have an idea, want to draw it but then when it's time to put pen to paper my motivation just flat lines. :rolleyes

I just hope it passes soon since I want to try out some new coloring ideas I have.

Nikki

motivation? *flings the mallet* >=3

Anyways..it's been a while...*renews art-stalker license*

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Shadrok

Quote from: Xze-Xze on June 15, 2007, 02:04:55 AM

*Ducks*  :boggle *only to get hit from behind*

:erk When did they make boomerang mallets?

Kenji

Quote from: Shadrok on June 15, 2007, 07:54:58 PM
Quote from: Xze-Xze on June 15, 2007, 02:04:55 AM

*Ducks*  :boggle *only to get hit from behind*

:erk When did they make boomerang mallets?

About 3 years ago. I think you were at the movies.

Shadrok

I think I've found my problem I was in a bit of a rut, not just art wise but all together wise.
Trying a few things and hopefully they'll help, so far they seem to be.

A sketch I did today at work.  :boogie

So far the idea around this is:
Name : Xd-302 Tod
armament : 2 nose mounted 20mm cannons

xHaZxMaTx

The two profile views don't line up very well, but the deign is pretty interesting.

Shadrok

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on June 17, 2007, 12:17:38 AM
The two profile views don't line up very well, but the deign is pretty interesting.

I see what you mean, but it still turned out nice for being done in under 8 min.
For the most part I'm glad I broke the little artist block I was having.

Nikki

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Shadrok

Decided to try some of the coloring ideas out on an old sketch. I think it turned out well. :boogie

Some might remember this pic back when it was uncolored.

(I made my avatar while the pic was still in the coloring stage, hence the differences between the two.)

Kenji

I think it looks nice. The expression is kinda catchy, too.

King Of Hearts

Interesting texture, really brings out the character to life.

Shadrok

Quote from: Kenji on June 19, 2007, 09:47:57 PM
I think it looks nice. The expression is kinda catchy, too.

Quote from: King Of Hearts on June 19, 2007, 11:18:59 PM
Interesting texture, really brings out the character to life.

Thanks Kenji and King Of Hearts

Something that I drew at work, and I'm planning to color it. ( Probably do simple shading.)

llearch n'n'daCorna

awww, cute puppydog eyes.

.. I wonder how it tastes with barbecue sauce?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Shadrok

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 22, 2007, 08:59:02 PM
awww, cute puppydog eyes.

.. I wonder how it tastes with barbecue sauce?

Like Honey BBQ  :lol

*Changed the Art index so that it's new to old rather then old to new*

Zedd

My eyes! The cutness!! Its just as bad as this!

KarlOmega1

Ack! Too cute! Why Do I feel like adopting those two?!
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

xHaZxMaTx

For some reason, the pink actually detracts from the cuteness. :/