Go outside dammit! >:O

Started by Alondro, August 03, 2009, 02:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vidar

Quote from: hapless on August 05, 2009, 04:51:27 PM
Would you be so KIND and STOP breaking my arguments with FACTS?
*snatches and destroys the joint in one swift move*
And don't you know that smoking is hazardous to you health? Ok, this stuff isn't nearly as bad as tobacco... but still, you'll be better without it.

//h(ave a nice polar night)

* switches to a large water pipe with 2 hoses for toking on it *

Relax, man. There's plenty to go around, man. Have a little toke, man, it might mellow you out a bit man. don't you know that high blood pressure is bad for you, man? Be a little bit less high strung, man.

* put's on Pink Floyd's "Dark side of the Moon" and "Wizard of Oz" *
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

hapless

High pressure is the only thing that keeps me alive... but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy good music...
*takes a seat, pulls out a bottle of some clear liquid and ONE glass*
...What? You have your pipe, dontcha?

//h
Chaosnet device not responding - check breaker on the Unibus

Vidar

Quote from: hapless on August 05, 2009, 05:49:19 PM
High pressure is the only thing that keeps me alive... but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy good music...
*takes a seat, pulls out a bottle of some clear liquid and ONE glass*
...What? You have your pipe, dontcha?

//h

Whatever, man. You are either boring enough to drink water, or are just drinking your liver into foie gras, and are too stingy to share, I don't care, man. I have my pipe, and a large variety of belgian microbrews in the basement.

* poors a bottle of kwak into it's distinctive glass *

Anyway, back on topic, man. the sun has set, man. There's nothing to see outside, man, ecept for darkness, man.

hapless

If I'd share, i'd feel responsible for damage to your liver too... wait, what? "Nothing except the darkness"? That's like "Nothing except everything"! Have you ever wandered in darkness? Saw what it has to show? Heard what it has to say?
//h

Vidar

Quote from: hapless on August 05, 2009, 06:13:31 PM
Have you ever wandered in darkness?

Yes.

Saw what it has to show?

Yes: I saw nothing, because IT WAS DARK! I also managed to ram my shin into something hard because I COULDN'T SEE WHERE I WAS GOING!

Heard what it has to say?

Darkness makes no noise, and creepy owls, bats and bugs are not good company in dark and creepy places.

hapless

Duuuuude. You obviously weren't drunk enough.
//h

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Vidar on August 05, 2009, 05:02:00 PM

... at the same time? I mean, I've heard of psychedelic music, but...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Valynth

Quote from: Vidar on August 05, 2009, 04:41:52 PM

No, man. the sun is ok, man. The sun runs on nuclear fusion, man, not fission, man. Fusion is good, man, because it doesn't have the nuclear waste of fission-based reactors, man.

* tokes on his joint like a professional hippy stoner *

And you sir, are in a heaping helping of wrongness, because the sun actually uses both processes and DOES produce waste in the form of iron that gathers at the center of the star eventually resulting in a massive gravitational effect that, when the sun runs out of fuel, either creates a super nova, or a black hole.

The forces inherent in a super nova in turn form the rest of the periodic table when humans aren't running around making abnormally large atoms for nanoseconds.

*puts on Ride of the Valkyries*
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Reese Tora

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 05, 2009, 07:15:57 PM
Quote from: Vidar on August 05, 2009, 05:02:00 PM

... at the same time? I mean, I've heard of psychedelic music, but...

and synced to the lion's roar, too, I'm sure...
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Passive

Kipiru

What are you all talking about, sunburns and timetables for sunlight exposure, just for everyday life?! In Bulgaria we have four distinct seasons, so we get extreme colds in winter and extreme sunlight at summer- if we were even half as much concerned with outside conditions as you are exhibiting here- the country would have to grind to a halt. There is nothing to think about when going outside, aside from the issue of whether to put on a sweater or a T-shirt. Stop treating nature as if it's a drug or a disease and dose it or cure it, just live with it! I know I sound selfrighteous, that was my intention!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Valynth on August 05, 2009, 09:49:10 PM
And you sir, are in a heaping helping of wrongness, because the sun actually uses both processes and DOES produce waste in the form of iron that gathers at the center of the star eventually resulting in a massive gravitational effect that, when the sun runs out of fuel, either creates a super nova, or a black hole.

I see you're referring to the carbon-nitrogen-oxygen bi-cycle.

Alondro

Our sun won't go supernova.  It can't even get to the iron stage because it's too small.  It'll run out of steam somewhere around carbon-oxygen and go poof in a regular nova, leaving a dense white dwarf to cool for several billion years.   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

rabid_fox

I'm swarthy. People have commented. Someone also asked me what was on my T-shirt in an airport duty free shop whilst I was buying a very fine Merlot.

Sometimes I like to tell people how I got bruises and make them look at it.

I am a dull.

Oh dear.

Succubus_1982

I think I'm Solarophobic xD either that or just incredibly record-breakingly lazy (Does anyone know if theres a World Record for Laziness?). I almost never leave the house and if I do its usually when its peeing down with rain and completely overcast. Basically if I can get away with not getting up from my pc chair without suffering any severe consequences (well what I concider severe) then I'm content to just vegetate here....  :sleep
I'm not lazy... I'm motivationally impaired

How to be an evil Overlord Part 1|Part 2

You can Skype me at lucy_locket82 but note me first or I might delete you

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Kipiru on August 06, 2009, 01:50:00 AM
What are you all talking about, sunburns and timetables for sunlight exposure, just for everyday life?! In Bulgaria we have four distinct seasons, so we get extreme colds in winter and extreme sunlight at summer- if we were even half as much concerned with outside conditions as you are exhibiting here- the country would have to grind to a halt. There is nothing to think about when going outside, aside from the issue of whether to put on a sweater or a T-shirt. Stop treating nature as if it's a drug or a disease and dose it or cure it, just live with it! I know I sound selfrighteous, that was my intention!

QFT
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

rabid_fox

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on August 12, 2009, 05:44:57 PM

QFT

Quiffed

Oh dear.

Succubus_1982

Quote from: rabid_fox on August 12, 2009, 07:46:14 PM
Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on August 12, 2009, 05:44:57 PM

QFT

Quiffed

xD I was wondering what that stood for too.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Succubus_1982 on August 12, 2009, 07:57:11 PM
xD I was wondering what that stood for too.

Quoted For Truth, although I liked the quiffed variant, too...

Succubus_1982

Ah I thought it was 'Quite ******* True', do excuse the alluded swear....

Valynth

Bah, the bulgarians have it easy.  Here in the south the temperature varies between mid 40'sF in winter to melting-your-face-off hot in summer (roughly arround 95-98F.  With a heat index of about 115F when the damned humidity is through with it).

And I have to go out a work in that mowing lawns and installing storm windows....

Kill me now!
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

llearch n'n'daCorna

... 4 to 36C?

Hrm. Here it's just -4 to 40 or so...

Sprocketsdance

Granted.. where I'm at the hottest it usually gets is in the 90's... but the winter is pure hell with a few days of -20F >_<

Omega

Quote from: Valynth on August 14, 2009, 06:50:23 PM
Bah, the bulgarians have it easy.  Here in the south the temperature varies between mid 40'sF in winter to melting-your-face-off hot in summer (roughly arround 95-98F.  With a heat index of about 115F when the damned humidity is through with it).

Feh... Try living in the North Finland. Being close to the Arctic circle, the summer's midnight sun will keep you awake if you don't cover your window with lead curtains. The temperature rises to 30 degrees of Celsius at best, which is considered to be quite hot, but during the nights it can drop close to zero, which means that you can get hypothermia.

"Well that doesn't sound so bad" you say? I agree, summer is nice, bright and warm. It's the winter that I want to tell you about. Only few moments of sunlight during the darkest months. Temperature dropping somewhere around -30degrees of Celsius, air so dry that you have to really have to gasp to get a lungefull. Being surrounded by icy tundra, the coldness and devouring darkness is enough to turn any man insane if exposed too long. The merciless wind blowing all the warmth from your flesh and reaping your very soul given the opportunity. Who knows what horrors lurk behind the curtain of northern woods, where no living person goes after sunlight stop breaking the dawn anymore.

Of course to balance the lack of warmth and light, we natives have sauna, beer and electric lghtbulb. I think there's some vitamin-D in beer.

Alondro

Quote from: Omega on August 18, 2009, 05:24:02 AM
Quote from: Valynth on August 14, 2009, 06:50:23 PM

Feh... Try living in the North Finland. Being close to the Arctic circle, the summer's midnight sun will keep you awake if you don't cover your window with lead curtains. The temperature rises to 30 degrees of Celsius at best, which is considered to be quite hot, but during the nights it can drop close to zero, which means that you can get hypothermia.

"Well that doesn't sound so bad" you say? I agree, summer is nice, bright and warm. It's the winter that I want to tell you about. Only few moments of sunlight during the darkest months. Temperature dropping somewhere around -30degrees of Celsius, air so dry that you have to really have to gasp to get a lungefull. Being surrounded by icy tundra, the coldness and devouring darkness is enough to turn any man insane if exposed too long. The merciless wind blowing all the warmth from your flesh and reaping your very soul given the opportunity. Who knows what horrors lurk behind the curtain of northern woods, where no living person goes after sunlight stop breaking the dawn anymore.

Of course to balance the lack of warmth and light, we natives have sauna, beer and electric lghtbulb. I think there's some vitamin-D in beer.

*Alondro exports global warming to Finland during the winter and becomes a filthy-rich evil capitalist!*   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

Keleth

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 15, 2009, 08:07:31 AM
... 4 to 36C?

Hrm. Here it's just -4 to 40 or so...

Try -30 to 33C.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnn
Help! I'm gay!

ooklah

It's a balmy 70 degrees every day with a breeze from the ocean and no humidity. The sun is always out and mostly never any clouds....
.... I hate it here.

(I want my seasons and cloudy dismal snowy days back.)
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Alondro

Quote from: ooklah on August 19, 2009, 05:23:51 AM
It's a balmy 70 degrees every day with a breeze from the ocean and no humidity. The sun is always out and mostly never any clouds....
.... I hate it here.

Temperature is nice.  But what about rain?  I expect gardening is difficult!

Vidar

Quote from: Alondro on August 19, 2009, 09:18:40 AM
Quote from: ooklah on August 19, 2009, 05:23:51 AM
.... I hate it here.

Temperature is nice.  But what about rain?  I expect gardening is difficult!

Bah! Gardeners have had enough time to muck about in the dirt. It's time for autumn, dammit!

ooklah

We don't get rain here... I think it tried... twice ... so far this year... emphasis on tried... and we don't get seasons....
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."