Go outside dammit! >:O

Started by Alondro, August 03, 2009, 02:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omega

Quote from: Drathorin on August 19, 2009, 01:15:03 AM

Try -30 to 33C.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnn
Eh? I got very similar temperature in here, but do you also spend your days with 22hours in darkness or 22 in bright sunlight?

Alondro

Quote from: ooklah on August 19, 2009, 03:50:51 PM
We don't get rain here... I think it tried... twice ... so far this year... emphasis on tried... and we don't get seasons....

So... you live in a temperate desert?

Hmm, where is this? 

And where does your water supply come from?
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

ooklah

San Diego, and our water is imported from Northern California, afaik.
Granted I've only lived here for 8 months so far. So maybe they get rain other years. I don't know.
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Reese Tora

Quote from: ooklah on August 20, 2009, 03:55:18 PM
San Diego, and our water is imported from Northern California, afaik.
Granted I've only lived here for 8 months so far. So maybe they get rain other years. I don't know.

I've lived in the LA area most of my life (everything outside of vacation trips during the summer...) adn I can say that it tends to not rain much at all except for a day or two here and there.  occasionally we'll get a week long period of rain and overcast (oh, how I love those...)

Note, though, that this is NOT your mid west rains so hard you have to stop your car where it is and wait for it to let up rain, this is just enough rain to bring us up to two or three inches or so over the course of a week.

http://www.wunderground.com/NORMS/DisplayNORMS.asp?AirportCode=KLGB&StateCode=CA&SafeCityName=Downey&Units=none&IATA=LAX&lastyear=on&normals=on&records=on

Notice that the average rain fall is that dark blue line that's almost entierly obscured by the bottom of the graph.

Most of the time, well, we are a desert, and we are in drought conditions, and we pipe most of our water in OVER the mountains (because it's too geologically unstable to tunnel through the mointains) or pump it up from the aquifer... the second of which can't be done too much because it too much is pumped out, the salt sea water will begin to infiltrate it and make the whole lot undrinkable (and what improperly disposed toxic chemicals can potentially do... whoo boy!) or the ground will start to subside (sink holes for everyone!)

remember everyone, let your lawn die, and stay indoors with the lights out, it's better for the environment!
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation