Saia Academy

Started by Toast, July 27, 2009, 02:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toast

I'm a taneesta at the Lost Lake on Furc, and a thought occured to me the other day.

Why isn't there a Saia on Furc? I mean, really? Half of the Furcadians have come from DMFA anyhow, it would be sweet!

I guess I'm just posting to see what you guys think, to ask if I could even potentially (legally) do it, especially if I said it was based from DMFA; or find out if there's ever been a whole lot of info on Saia other than what has been shown in the comics. I don't know if I have the time to dedicate to a Saia dream, but I think it would be a sweet RP place. :D

DMFA reader since 2000!

Tapewolf

I think the big problem is that there isn't really enough information outside of Amber, and she isn't going to be able to release much of it for plot reasons.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lucheek

Oh, you get to SAIA Academy by intering your PIN number into an ATM machine.  ;)

Kenji

I'm still waiting on a room list or a floorplan. I have... plans for it... yes... :mowwink

rabid_fox

Because it's school and school and learning is for SQUARES go learn somewhere else you SQUARE.

NEEEERRRRRDS.

Oh dear.

LionHeart

Quote from: Lucheek on July 27, 2009, 04:18:11 PM
Oh, you get to SAIA Academy by intering your PIN number into an ATM machine.  ;)

Just make sure you take precautions against the HIV virus...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Kipiru

Quote from: rabid_fox on July 27, 2009, 07:30:01 PM

Because it's school and school and learning is for SQUARES go learn somewhere else you SQUARE.

NEEEERRRRRDS.

:wrong School is the best fun anyone can have in their life, even if they don't appreciate it at the moment.  :mowmeep

Arapaima

School is where you can dress up as a banana to chase your friend dressed as a gorilla, and get away with it.
Someone will remember you, sometime.
Just try and sleep with the music on, all the time.
Well I'm sorry kid, tonight you sleep outside.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Arapaima on July 28, 2009, 09:30:06 PM
School is where you can dress up as a banana to chase your friend dressed as a gorilla, and get away with it.
That sounds more like Anthrocon to me.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

senrath

Quote from: Lucheek on July 27, 2009, 04:18:11 PM
But don't forget to check in with the Department of Redundancy Department before you do so.

Arapaima

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 29, 2009, 04:52:27 AM
Quote from: Arapaima on July 28, 2009, 09:30:06 PM
That sounds more like Anthrocon to me.

Strangely enough it describes the spirit of my college experience.

Naldru

Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

rabid_fox

NEEEEERRRRDDDDDSSSS.

Oh dear.

Reese Tora

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 27, 2009, 02:14:11 PM
I think the big problem is that there isn't really enough information outside of Amber, and she isn't going to be able to release much of it for plot reasons.

Which is why you need to go to Anthrocon (Banana or gorilla suit optional.) and wait for someone to get her drunk so she spills the beans... or falls on someone...
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Kage

I am the Patron Saint of Mediocrity.

Mao

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSS....

Oh, wait.....

Kage

I danno what you're talking about there Mao.....  :U

Arapaima

Man, how do they know about my Kirk/Picard ocelot lovefests?

Quote from: Arapaima on July 31, 2009, 11:23:20 PM
Man, how do they know about my Kirk/Picard ocelot lovefests?

Curse you, mental eye! I didn't tell you to picture that! Curse you! Graaaaargh!

Naldru

Well, there was the fanfic with Kirk, Picard, and Janeway as Siberian tigers and the author wrote themselves in as a member of the Q continuum.  However, then it started getting silly. :rolleyes
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Shachza

According to that chart I consider myself less geeky than me 3-times over.  I'm on there in several different places.   :erk
            <-- #1 that is!

Kage

Quote from: Shachza on August 02, 2009, 12:16:55 PM
According to that chart I consider myself less geeky than me 3-times over.  I'm on there in several different places.   :erk

I know, that's sort of the beauty of it.  ^^;

EDIT: I should point out that is the SMALL version there.  I linked the larger version for people's amusement.

Arapaima

Quote from: Naldru on August 02, 2009, 09:31:04 AM
Well, there was the fanfic with Kirk, Picard, and Janeway as Siberian tigers and the author wrote themselves in as a member of the Q continuum.  However, then it started getting silly. :rolleyes

Started?

Kage

Quote from: Arapaima on August 02, 2009, 10:39:38 PM

Started?

Srsly, that was silly the moment it was thought up.

Naldru

Quote from: Kage on August 03, 2009, 12:09:42 PM
Quote from: Arapaima on August 02, 2009, 10:39:38 PM
Well, there was the fanfic with Kirk, Picard, and Janeway as Siberian tigers and the author wrote themselves in as a member of the Q continuum.  However, then it started getting silly. :rolleyes

Started?

Srsly, that was silly the moment it was thought up.
Actually, the most interesting point is that you are taking seriously something that I made up out of whole cloth simply for comedic effect.

However, if such a situation did occur and Kirk acted in his typical way towards women, Janeway would soon have him running off like a scared mouse and Picard and Q would be laughing their heads off while pretending to cower in terror behind a couch.

You must remember that I am never more serious than when I'm being silly.  Seriously.

Edit: So where does it place you if you can think up the scenarios but don't expand them info full fan-fiction.  After all, being an engineer, one tends to think systematically about all sorts of things, and the presence of a member of the Q continuum greatly expands the range of possible permutations.

For example, he could apply sex changes to Kirk and Janeway while equipping Janeway with a set of tools that would make Priapus look androgynous.  However, proceeding in this manner would definitely risk various ratings.

Arapaima

Quote from: Naldru on August 03, 2009, 01:15:49 PM
Actually, the most interesting point is that you are taking seriously something that I made up out of whole cloth simply for comedic effect.

However, if such a situation did occur and Kirk acted in his typical way towards women, Janeway would soon have him running off like a scared mouse and Picard and Q would be laughing their heads off while pretending to cower in terror behind a couch.

You must remember that I am never more serious than when I'm being silly.  Seriously.

Wouldn't that set up some behind the couch action between Picard and Q?

Kage

Quote from: Arapaima on August 03, 2009, 01:56:54 PM
Quote from: Naldru on August 03, 2009, 01:15:49 PM

You must remember that I am never more serious than when I'm being silly.  Seriously.

Wouldn't that set up some behind the couch action between Picard and Q?

Ah... let the yiffing begin, see the above chart. :3

Toast

I'll consider this train derailled.  :mowtongue

DMFA reader since 2000!

Naldru

Judging by what Abel says, train wrecks are not unknown at SAIA.  DMFA may not jump the shark, but the forums jump the rail with alarming frequency.  And sometimes derailing is the best way to deal with a runaway train.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears