6/29/09 [DMFA Filler, for AC] The Abelswing

Started by Lisky, June 28, 2009, 11:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lisky

...if i was a kid, i would have loved a tire-swing like that.... hell, i'd still take one now... :P

On second thought, how long do you think Abel's gonna last before he releases his grip, and lets the tire, and Jy, fly?

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

OminousShadow

Who knows, but Amber is fueling the Abel/Jy-Jy Shippers.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

bdplague

Mwuahahaha, more fuel for the fire! *dances around and hugs her Jy-squeak and Abel plushies* >3

Jairus

Quote from: bdplague on June 28, 2009, 11:53:11 PM
Mwuahahaha, more fuel for the fire! *dances around and hugs her Jy-squeak and Abel plushies* >3
Two questions. Where did you get those plushies, and can I get some?

Absolutely adorable, Amber, and a wonderful bit of filler art. I hope Abel doesn't get tired. That would be bad.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

M

Such a cute picture. I love everything about it. Jyrras looks so happy; it gives you a warm fuzzy feeling.  :)

Kipiru

The Cute Alert just busted a bulb! Turn your eyes away from this picture before they are clogged up with raw sugar!

The_one_who_is_odd

Hmm this looks like this is a traditionally colored picture or am I just seeing things?

Cogidubnus

I love the colored-pencil comics. I don't see a lot of non-electronic style art on the internets, and it goes to show Amber's talent that she can do both with equal skill.

Jy-squeak continues to be cute, and Abel continues to be nonchalant. Surely all is well with the world.

Ren Gaulen

Abel got to be pretty strong to do that, I think. But it is very nice of him to do that. The picture is great, and very cute too. Gives me that warm fuzzy feeling inside. :3

Tapewolf

Oh nice.  Like the pencil-work.  I kind of imagine pulling on someone's tentacles would kind of hurt, though...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 29, 2009, 04:52:33 AM
Oh nice.  Like the pencil-work.  I kind of imagine pulling on someone's tentacles would kind of hurt, though...

Not if they were prepared for it. After all, they can cut steel; a little pull in a prepared fashion isn't going to damage them, I would have thought.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ren Gaulen

I agree with the Boxy One on that it should not hurt, but I have suddenly realized that Abel would have needed to secure himself on that branch with a few more tentacles not to fall off. After all, the tyre and Jy-Jy swinging in it are not weightless, not to mention the momentum they should be creating.
..Yes, I am overthinking it. :B

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 29, 2009, 07:01:49 AM
Not if they were prepared for it. After all, they can cut steel; a little pull in a prepared fashion isn't going to damage them, I would have thought.

You could probably stop it from hurting if you wanted.  They certainly can feel pain though, as per strip 975...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

RJ

The pretty pencil-work makes me happy.  :)

But I remember that swings like that were always filled with primordial ooze whenever I wanted to play with them.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: RJ on June 29, 2009, 09:15:13 AM
The pretty pencil-work makes me happy.  :)

But I remember that swings like that were always filled with primordial ooze whenever I wanted to play with them.

That would be a design flaw. You should always put a hole in the bottom of the tire when installing it, for that very reason...

RJ

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 29, 2009, 09:30:21 AM
That would be a design flaw. You should always put a hole in the bottom of the tire when installing it, for that very reason...

That makes me wonder if the people that put them up intentionally made them that way to scare kids...

Jairus

Quote from: Ren Gaulen on June 29, 2009, 07:18:48 AM
I agree with the Boxy One on that it should not hurt, but I have suddenly realized that Abel would have needed to secure himself on that branch with a few more tentacles not to fall off. After all, the tyre and Jy-Jy swinging in it are not weightless, not to mention the momentum they should be creating.
..Yes, I am overthinking it. :B
As with many things in DMFA, this can all be explained with one word: magic. xD
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Alondro

Amber can lurk at my table!   :3

*Charles has evil plans!*  :mwaha
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Buhamet

Well, what else is there to do during summer? :D

schala

Love the Abelswing picture. It is beyond cute. Even though as metioned above, it does add more fuel to a certain fire...

Excellent pencil work, by the way.

Have a great time at Anthrocon, Amber. I will be keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes well for you.

- Schala  :januscat

King Of Hearts

Sleep swinging...

I wonder if we can net together his tentacles for a jungle gym while he's out.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on June 28, 2009, 11:24:36 PM
On second thought, how long do you think Abel's gonna last before he releases his grip, and lets the tire, and Jy, fly?

Insert horrible innuendo-laden joke about Abel having endurance here.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Technoire

Quote from: OminousShadow on June 28, 2009, 11:28:07 PM
Who knows, but Amber is fueling the Abel/Jy-Jy Shippers.

Enough so that there is JyrrAbel Rule 34 fanart on 7chan now, apparently. :p
Or, so I've heard from my excessively nerdular Furry bestfriend.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Technoire on June 30, 2009, 05:36:07 AM

Probably done by Amber.

Emerauld Drathmir

That's tooooo cute! 

*has to run to the dentist now, as the multiples of cavities from having viewed it are too much to take*
Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.

Technoire

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 30, 2009, 05:47:20 AM
Quote from: Technoire on June 30, 2009, 05:36:07 AM

Probably done by Amber.

Now I am even MORE fascinated! That's a line I never expected our girl to cross... I am impressed with this notion, yes. >:)

Amber Williams

Little known fact: All art in the internet that hasn't been done by you has been done by me. At some point in another. Thats the problem with time travel. It always confuses me over which artistry I am doing at the moment.

llearch n'n'daCorna

... "Probably" because she continues to neither confirm nor deny that accusation. ;-]

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Amber Williams on July 01, 2009, 04:07:27 AM
Little known fact: All art in the internet that hasn't been done by you has been done by me. At some point in another. Thats the problem with time travel. It always confuses me over which artistry I am doing at the moment.

Australia should have never given you the secret behind our ability to be in the future. Look at what you've caused.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

OminousShadow

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on July 01, 2009, 08:17:10 AM
Quote from: Amber Williams on July 01, 2009, 04:07:27 AM

Australia should have never given you the secret behind our ability to be in the future. Look at what you've caused.

Can I have that ability too? I'll be your best friend. Or if that doesn't work... I'll give you pie.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.