[Art] The Panther's Art Station (6/26--Two Holiday Cards and an Aisha Comic)

Started by Aisha deCabre, September 05, 2006, 01:36:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kipiru

Aisha deCabre

I'm glad you guys liked the pics.  I may do more of those two dragons in the future. x3

But for now, here's some new stuff.

First of all, Arroyo's request, sketched out.  Just a courtesy of mine remember, to show sketches of an expected picture before it's colored, just in case something needs changing.  Please pardon the way my digital camera made it come out, but I'm sure you can make out the details...I hope I made him more lion-like, to your liking. :3 and I hope you don't mind that I used him to practice a more dynamic pose.  He's just hanging out from the branch of a tree, having a little fun. x3

And also, I put up new pages of the Cariu comic on DA, and now it's about time I showed them here too for those who don't follow it there.

Page 9
Page 10

Enjoy!
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

GabrielsThoughts

I find it odd that an ancient human technology is adaptable to dolphin/whale physiology... granted it would be more likely to function than alien to human technology...still I would think long term exposure tosuch a device would cause some sort of negative feedback.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on April 11, 2009, 12:49:19 PM
I find it odd that an ancient human technology is adaptable to dolphin/whale physiology... granted it would be more likely to function than alien to human technology...still I would think long term exposure tosuch a device would cause some sort of negative feedback.

Well, when "ancient" is mentioned in comic terms, it means modern to us.  The comic's setting is in the far-flung future, after people left the planet.  It's also a mix of alien technology, but aliens aren't that well mentioned for two reasons: intelligent cetaceans would be more used to human technology by now...and dolphins work with humans today, I don't have a doubt that they'd be of much more use in the future.  And also, I don't want my comic to be accused of stealing from the Ecco games. =p  It is after all sci-fi, not reality.

As for negative feedback...well... *glances upward innocently and gives an "I know something you don't know" smile*  :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on April 11, 2009, 12:55:19 PM
As for negative feedback...well... *glances upward innocently and gives an "I know something you don't know" smile*  :3

*snicker*

(For the reaction, not because I know anything more than GT, mind.)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Arroyo Milori

I love my sketch, I feel that the muzzle is a bit long but it's hard to judge. I like the pose though. :3

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Arroyo Milori on April 11, 2009, 11:34:01 PM
I love my sketch, I feel that the muzzle is a bit long but it's hard to judge. I like the pose though. :3

Glad you like the sketch!  Yeah, there are times I need a little more practice on muzzles, but that's part of what requests are for. x3  I shall have this colored as soon as possible then. :3

EDIT: Presenting, Arroyo in color!  I think it came out okay, hope you think so too.

I have more free request slots if anyone wants one, too.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Arroyo Milori

yay~ It looks wonderful, Though the yellow is the wrong kind of yellow I am still thankful you draw Arroyo for me. Thanks~

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Arroyo Milori on April 14, 2009, 05:51:10 PM
yay~ It looks wonderful, Though the yellow is the wrong kind of yellow I am still thankful you draw Arroyo for me. Thanks~

Heh, I tried to reproduce the yellow as best I could; perhaps the shading did it less justice.  But still, glad you think it came out well, you're quite welcome.  :)
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Aisha deCabre

And now, just a couple of new pics.

First is one of Zheng from the last dragon picture being all confronting.  I'm surprised I've gotten so few views for this actually. :/  But I am proud of how it came out anyway, especially that paw.

And also, Page 11 of Cariu.  I think I've got a better grip on how to pace.

That's it for now.  Requests are closed and I've got a couple of commissions to finish.  :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'd query that "anyone who swims through", myself; if they didn't leave any memories, how would you know they'd swum through?

Despite that niggling query, I enjoyed the post. The twinkle came out well.

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 20, 2009, 09:06:17 PM
I'd query that "anyone who swims through", myself; if they didn't leave any memories, how would you know they'd swum through?

Despite that niggling query, I enjoyed the post. The twinkle came out well.

Good question. xP  Actually that can be viewed a few different ways.  I'd have said that Aramos himself could have noticed who swam through, but that'd mean me forgetting that he's blind, and thus could only guess the species by outline of appearance through sonar...thus he would have to ask them directly what they looked like if they preferred not to leave any memories, thus views of themselves.

But also considering Aramos is a curious fellow with a way with words, enough to persuade other killer Orcas to not eat him, I'd say that everyone who did pass through, also did give a few memories.

Or, he could just tell Cariu what the ones that gave memories looked like.  He didn't necessarily want to waste time by saying which ones weren't interested.  Simply put, salesmen can leave out details to pique interest.  So too can this historian. :3

Also, glad you like how it's going so far.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Aisha deCabre

And now, new arts once again.  Nice and quick, finished commissions. :3

Paladin as a dragon, vanquishing a keep via light-breath.  It kinda resulted from a conversation we had, and it came out pretty well.

(I converted a 'Cubi to the draaaaaagon side!  Hah!  :mwaha )

Seriously, glad you liked it Pal, and hope everyone else does too. x3

And Lysander's feline angel character Lucian with a blade cast from light magic.  Other than his left arm, it came out as one of my favorite pieces methink.

Enjoy all!
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Paladin Sheppard

Mwhahaha BURN undead things!

As I've said Aisha this thing is bloody awesome!

Lysander

TytajLucheek

Aisha deCabre

Once again, you guys are very welcome for your commissions. ^^

I don't have too much new art at the moment, but just to keep this up, here's the next comic page.  Running a little late because things are just a bit crazy here. x3

More to come!

EDIT: Page 13, also.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Aisha deCabre

And now for a double-post, with another page. x3

Page 14 of Cariu for those who watch.

Also, I was doing a little experimenting in Photoshop, kinda improving myself a bit, and I found a few tutorials on how to do hair textures, to simulate various strands.  Thus this silly little thing came to pass: Various hair wigs in different colors.  More an experiment right now than anything, heh, but the skill does have potential for me.

Enjoy.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

techmaster-glitch

I find I am quite enjoying this comic, it is very intriguing :) keep it up long enough and you might be able to apply for your own slot in the Half Moon Theatre :3

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on May 16, 2009, 12:25:33 AM
I find I am quite enjoying this comic, it is very intriguing :) keep it up long enough and you might be able to apply for your own slot in the Half Moon Theatre :3

Heh, actually, I'll just leave that to the good and more patient comic artists.  I only do this one for fun, not for any kind of profit or fame. x3

Anyway, finally, another picture from me.  Just one though, I've been on an art slump lately.

A dragoness related to the other Oriental species I put up...hope you guys like her.

Also, in case anyone was confused as to why the pictures I have from Photobucket are misplaced, it's because I moved all of them into their own categories...effectively breaking the links.  I'll try to find them all and replace them, but for now, sorry for the inconvenience. ^^;  However, you can view all of them if you want here: http://s26.photobucket.com/albums/c108/RisenDeCabre360/  Just look at the side under albums for the categories.

Enjoy!
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Aisha deCabre

Hoookay then, new art!

First, during this past Father's Day, I thought for the heck of it to put up the Mother's Day and Father's Day cards that I drew my parents on DA.

The Mother's Day pic
The Father's Day pic

And finally, a little something for this side of my fandom. x3  As the description will say, I got this idea from surfing TV Tropes and reading the Troper's Tales on "Everything Sounds Sexier In French."  Cue an idea that Aisha, who speaks Spanish, being used to make fun of said trope...but on a cleaner-but-still-similar scale. x3

The comic that resulted, starring Aisha and Jake.

Hope everyone enjoys! Lemme know if so, won't ya? xP
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Someone who encourages you to spread your wings.... while being there to catch you, in case you fall.

As for Aisha reading... the other one I've heard is the instructions for how to cook paprishka (I think) in Russian sounding like tearing someone a new one... ;-]

Figures spanish is more of a romance language and all. In more ways than one...