Bunnies!

Started by Janus Whitefurr, February 19, 2009, 03:11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janus Whitefurr

Specifically, giant bunnies of Spain!

And more importantly, they plan to eat these bunnies as food. Now, given the size of those things I'd be more afraid of some Night of the Lepus drama, and really, who'd want to eat huge fluffy bunnies?

Someone better tell TGH not to visit Spain at any time in the near future. o.o
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Brunhidden

i believe i had started a thread about giant bunnies produced by the same guy in this picture about a year or so ago

however i am kind of surprised these things haven't caught on more, i would think giant rabbit would be a hot item in restaurants everywhere
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Rakala

Look at the size of that mo-fo! He could bite your finger off thinking it was a carrot!

techmaster-glitch

Holy dang! It's a Dire Rabbit! :dface

Corgatha Taldorthar

He's got huge fangs.......... :p
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Dannysaysnoo

Oh gods! It's Night Of The Lepus!

Brunhidden

i think the greatest benefit of raising these for food isnt that they're healthy, low fat/cholesterol, and a preferable alternative to beef or pork- its the fact that they have to be easy to herd. cows need lots of room and can run and jump surprising distances, pigs typically have to be contained in heavy duty cages as they actually kill more humans each year then sharks, but seriously, all these bunnies could do is wheeze heavily and waddle away.

the fact they're more cuddly then a pig and cuter then cows is irrelevant, farmers love lazy animals that aren't dangerous

Mao

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mao Laoren on February 19, 2009, 01:54:34 PM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on February 19, 2009, 09:31:47 AM
My 'fursonas' distant relative?

Yeah, the overweight one that no-one acknowledges...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 19, 2009, 01:58:09 PM
Quote from: Mao Laoren on February 19, 2009, 01:54:34 PM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on February 19, 2009, 09:31:47 AM
My 'fursonas' distant relative?

Yeah, the overweight one that no-one acknowledges...

"That's Uncle Direbun. We... we don't talk about him..."
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Sunblink

OH MY GOD THOSE BUNNIES D:

THEY'RE SO BIG

AND ADORABLE

I WANT TO HUG ONE.

BADLY.

I'm sorry, my inner little girl was let out at seeing the picture of the enormous rabbit.

Jairus

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on February 19, 2009, 08:08:09 PM
I'm sorry, my inner little girl was let out at seeing the picture of the enormous rabbit.

Don't worry, I want to hug one too.  ;) So CUUUUUUTE!!!  :boogie They're like, living plush toys!

And that is their plan... their evil, evil plan... don't trust the bunnies.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

rabid_fox

They look delicious. I'd go to Spain to a) See a Real Madrid match and b) Eat a giant rabbit

Oh dear.

Vidar

I bet they will look especially cute, when butchered, cleaned, and seasoned in my stewing pot. Delicious cute bunnie, it's what's for dinner. :veryevil
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

thegayhare

Oh I heard about these bunnies along time ago when the guy involved wanted to send a breading pair to Korea to help with the poverty and starvation...

I want to get one I'd mane him killer and put a spiked leather collor on him just so I could take him for walks

Jairus

Quote from: thegayhare on February 20, 2009, 02:45:27 PM
Oh I heard about these bunnies along time ago when the guy involved wanted to send a breading pair to Korea to help with the poverty and starvation...

I want to get one I'd mane him killer and put a spiked leather collor on him just so I could take him for walks
I'm sorry, hare, but I have to do this...

"And I will love him and hug him and pet him and call him George!"

Okay, Looney Tunes reference over. Hooray!

Brunhidden

and now i have traumatic memories of my childhood- a man who sold rabbits and had a guard bunny named 'butch'.... that was one scarry bunny....

oh yeah, he also turned bunnies he sold as pets into sausage, not something a small child wants to hear

Valynth

Quote from: Brunhidden on February 20, 2009, 03:32:05 PM
and now i have traumatic memories of my childhood- a man who sold rabbits and had a guard bunny named 'butch'.... that was one scarry bunny....

oh yeah, he also turned bunnies he sold as pets into sausage, not something a small child wants to hear

It adds another level of scary when your father names the new pet rabbit hausenpfeffer.

Those who know german should get it.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Mao

Quote from: Valynth on February 20, 2009, 03:46:58 PM

It adds another level of scary when your father names the new pet rabbit hausenpfeffer.

Those who watched Looney Tunes avidly should also get it.

Brunhidden

Quote from: Mao Laoren on February 20, 2009, 03:56:08 PM
Quote from: Valynth on February 20, 2009, 03:46:58 PM

Those who watched Looney Tunes avidly should also get it.

an extra level of scary is when your father asks if he can try some of the sausage immediately after the kid finds out his pets have been ground into mush

Jairus

That all sounds a lot like the last level of Psychonauts. You know, where we find out that Oleander's dad was a butcher and would chop up Little Oly's pet bunnies for meat? Dang, that level was freaky.

Janus Whitefurr

And then he'd eat whoever annoyed you, in a reversal of the whole "let's eat the direbunnies" scenario.

Lisky

for some reason, i don't think having a dire-bunny along with a german shepherd in the same house would be a smart idea... as much as i'd love to have one... i don't think it'd get along too well with duke

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

thegayhare

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on February 21, 2009, 09:24:40 AM
for some reason, i don't think having a dire-bunny along with a german shepherd in the same house would be a smart idea... as much as i'd love to have one... i don't think it'd get along too well with duke

I just wonder how he'd get along with my kitties

Lisky

i don't really know, he hasn't been exposed to kitties too much, so i can't really gauge his reactions... i've seen him take off like a rocket after bunnies though... it's a good thing he knows the property lines, and doesn't cross them... otherwise there'd be a few less bunnies around...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

LionHeart

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on February 21, 2009, 07:40:44 AM

And then he'd eat whoever annoyed you, in a reversal of the whole "let's eat the direbunnies" scenario.
Sounds like the Rabbit of Caerbannog (which I'm surprised nobody has brought up yet...)
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

thegayhare

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on February 21, 2009, 09:37:17 AM
i don't really know, he hasn't been exposed to kitties too much, so i can't really gauge his reactions... i've seen him take off like a rocket after bunnies though... it's a good thing he knows the property lines, and doesn't cross them... otherwise there'd be a few less bunnies around...

Giggles*

I mean how the Dire bunny would get along with my kitties

Pagan

Hmmm... My old cat ate a lot of the rabbits and squirrels and birds around. But she was a stray before we took her in, so she was used to taking care of herself. Depends on the cat.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: thegayhare on February 21, 2009, 12:10:00 PM
*Giggles*

I mean how the Dire bunny would get along with my kitties

Cats: "This is our house, this is our space, this is our rules!"
Direbunny: "I could eat both of you breakfast with a side helping of carrot cake. Be quiet and let me sleep."

King Of Hearts

7 kilos of meat!?

Id like to eventually try one of those... but considering where I am, it would prolly end up incredibly pricey.