[Art Exchange] Covert Courtesy Commutation ~ 6/8 gifts are up.

Started by Gabi, February 17, 2009, 08:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: danman on August 05, 2010, 01:37:03 PM
Bwhahah
I love it Aisha... using the tentacles as a light source for reading.. clever idea for an upgrade, real clever.

I hope you will like mine,  and don't kill me for drawing  Aisha "the Risen" with a "Fa'lina transformation matrix" applied  :mowtongue

Heh, he's not reading...I guess it was supposed to be some kinda shiny metal chip. x3  But, it can be a book if you want, after all I left it to the imagination. :B  I'm quite glad you like it. ^^

And as for your drawing, I LOVE it XD  Yep, part of the reason Aisha hates guns, right there. :B  Very awesome. ^^

As for the next round, sign me up again too. :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Liatai

Lisky

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Dannysaysnoo

Corgatha Taldorthar

Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

FSharp

Quote from: Spooks on August 05, 2010, 02:54:17 PM
Alright, it's a day late but here is F#'s piece.

I love it, thanks. Pen and ink illustration is one of my favorite things. The line work is very crisp, and the ink-wash style spots flow very organically.

[Edit]: I'm in for the next round as well.
"To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Jairus

Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

VAE

What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm NOT in for the next round, as I have places to be and stuff, so won't likely have time. :-/

Bit of a shame, as I enjoyed this, once my muse got working...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

WhiteFox

This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Noone

Whitefox: I'm glad you liked it.

Jairus: I must say, it was fantastic. I know I didn't provide you very much to work with... but you still managed to make it come out very nicely.

And sure, I'm up for another round.

Gabi

Woo! Round 11 was a success!

I'll start Round 12 tomorrow. People can still sign up until then.

And llearch, it was fun reading your gift for Jairus. I hope you can join us again some other time. :)
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Nyil

Hnnn, I know I shouldn't 'cause it's going to be a busy month, but I want to 'cause that was kinda fun. But it's gonna be a busy month. But this is fun.

Eh, what the heck, I'm in.
A drop of water shall be returned with a burst of spring.

Interested in high fantasy and art nouveau? Check out my art page! http://www.furaffinity.net/user/nyil/

Jairus

Quote from: Arroyo Milori on August 07, 2010, 10:40:37 PM
Defiantly in. :3
Defiantly or definitely? :B Because, well, the former suggests that you're in despite the rest of us not want you to be in...
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Lore

I have so much stuff to do this month, and so little time...

I'm in.

Gabi

Alright, the participants for Round 12 are: Inumo, Arroyo Milori, Aisha deCabre, Liatai, Basilisk, Dannysaysnoo, Corgatha Taldorthar, FSharp, Jairus, danman, WhiteFox, The1Kobra, Nyil, Spooks.

I'm rolling the randomizer now. The deadline to submit your gifts will be Sunday, 5th of September.

Gabi

The first questions are in!

FSharp's gifter wants to ask him if there's anything specific he wants.

Spooks's gifter asks: "Is there anything you'd like me to try and write?"

Dannysaysnoo's gifter has sent me a request for references and what he would prefer from his gifter.

And Basilisk's gifter is also asking what Bas wants.

Dannysaysnoo

Dear Gifter.

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/3313162/

That's a reference image I've been using for a while now. It was done by Kipiru a while ago.

I typically prefer art, but I don't mind a story or something.

Gabi

WhiteFox's gifter would like to know who or what he'd like drawn for the CCC this time.

And Aisha's gifter wants to know what she would like to receive. A writing piece, a drawing? Possibly of some abstract figure? Etc.

Lisky

I'd like a pony, gifter... A REAL, LIVE PONY! :U

Nah, in all seriousness, it's pretty easy to please me... if you'd like various character refs, i can do that X3...

If you're looking at writing a story, i can get you some in-depth info...

but for now, you're welcome to have at any of my characters...

Bas: Ref 1  Ref 2  Ref 3

Ed: Reference

Darkshine: Reference

Aleyna: Ref 1 Ref 2 (note that i excluded wings on the sketch because they'd cover -everything- ... normally she has a 15 foot wingspan...)

If you'd like to try someone else... or decide on one of these... just let me know, and i'll get the full description going in case you'd like to try your own take on the look X3

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Aisha deCabre

To my gifter: I'm not too particular, really. ^^  I like drawings, but it's also nice to receive stories and such.  Whichever you'd like to do, I'll provide info.

If you'd like references of Aisha, my character, they're listed in a post of mine on page 2 of this very thread.

Alternatively, you could do something with Rynkura, my white tiger character and Aisha's mentor.  This is a good ref for her here, and don't worry, the pic's clean.

Anyway, I don't mind. :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Gabi

Quote from: Inumo's gifter
Alright, I need a reference sheet or something. As well as a small written description - species and colors and whatnot. Also, would Inumo prefer Scifi or fantasy? Magic or swords?
Thank you!

Lore

To my gifter: Just have fun with it. :) I'm happy with anything.

Inumo

Quote from: Gabi on August 09, 2010, 09:39:41 AM
Quote from: Inumo's gifter
Alright, I need a reference sheet or something. As well as a small written description - species and colors and whatnot. Also, would Inumo prefer Scifi or fantasy? Magic or swords?
Thank you!
Um... Hang on, I haven't really made any long-term OCs, let alone anthro ones... Ooh! I did make an angel at one point; maybe you'd like to anthro him up in your own style? Here's the only pic I made of him: Angel Ref Species would probably be an arctic wolf, with moss-green eyes, standing at about 6' 2" and weighing ~180 lbs. He's well muscled, wears a blue-gray robe with black pants on underneath, and brown leather shoes. He instinctively keeps his wings hidden, so it takes a lot of concentration to make them show up, though they stay visible so long as he wants them there. He's a benevolent person, but should he feel that he or someone he cares for is threatened, he will start with intimidation, then violence. Oh! and his name's Tamtio, or Tam for short.

Another option would be Rea, one of those muse-hammer inspirations. Here are her refs: Colored Ref Sketch Ref Character Sheet-esque Thing Most of the info you wanted about her's on the character sheet.

If you don't really like either idea for characters, go ahead and do whatever you want. I like art in pretty much every style. :)

In terms of Sci-fi v. Fantasy, can you mix the two? I hope that makes sense... Just in case, science fiction weaponry and setting, but toss in magic and maybe a mythical creature or two. Let me know if that's too much.

Sorry that I don't sound the most prepared (I really didn't think too far ahead with this one :P)/gave you a lot of info that I doubt you'll need. Hope you have fun with this, though! :)

WhiteFox

I wanna see how much mileage I can get out of this post.

Quote from: WhiteFox on July 07, 2010, 09:34:09 PM
Dear Gifter:

I would very much appreciate visual art over written. I have vision problems that can make reading difficult at times.

Quote from: WhiteFox on April 04, 2010, 02:50:08 AM
Dear gifter;
Quote from: WhiteFox on January 19, 2010, 02:43:37 PM
Dear gifter;

As far as DSOF goes, any of the characters are fine. I don't have any references for them online at the moment, but I'm not fussy about accuracy when it comes to gift art. I'm open to interpretations.

I do have a "style guide" for my avatar at FA, however; http://www.furaffinity.net/view/3104772/ and http://www.furaffinity.net/view/3294417/

I say "style guide" rather then "model sheet" because it's not how I draw my avatar, but rather how anyone, regardless of their art style, could.

Anyway, I hope that helps.

The only thing to add to this is that Gabriel, an RP character I have arts of on FA, should probably remain out of bounds for a variety of reasons. (Except in the off chance that my gifter just happens to be Basilisk. Then it would be okay.)
Aside from that, go with your instincts. If you get a cool idea, don't worry about whether or not I'll like it. Just go with it.
I'm not to fussy about how my characters are used, and if you think it's cool then I probably will too. Good luck, have fun.

("I often quote myself at parties: it makes for intelligent conversation." -Oscar Wilde... I think. Might have been Mark Twain)

[Edit] I just noticed I didn't include a link to my comic:DSOF NSFW; violence, some nudity, some language. A bit of everything, really.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Gabi

Quote from: Spooks on August 09, 2010, 11:34:13 AM
To my gifter: Just have fun with it. :) I'm happy with anything.
I see Nyil has started a trend. :rolleyes

Speaking of Nyil, his gifter would like to know if there's anything particular he wants drawn. :3

Nyil

Just have fun with it :o If you need reference pictures and stuff, just ask. If you draw my mouse character, just keep in mind that there's always a bow and bell on the tail, and the buck teeth, since even I forget those two features all the time.

Quote from: Gabi on August 09, 2010, 10:17:08 PM

I see Nyil has started a trend. :rolleyes

Speaking of Nyil, his gifter would like to know if there's anything particular he wants drawn. :3

Hey, I resent that - Basilisk and Kvinna started that. I'm just another victim! I swear!
A drop of water shall be returned with a burst of spring.

Interested in high fantasy and art nouveau? Check out my art page! http://www.furaffinity.net/user/nyil/

Mao

Uh.. people have been telling artists to have fun with their commissions etc for a while.  How do you guys think I got that picture of Sari all spread eagle in my sketch book?  I told Kv to just have fun and draw whatever she wants last year.  I don't regret it at all (though she was upset when she found out that I didn't like Sari as a character :P )

Gabi

OK, OK. Whoever started it, it has caught on.

Spooks's gifter asks: "Okay, so is there any particular subject matter you'd rather me not cover?"

Oh, and I'm going to be away from Friday to Monday.