[Art Exchange] Covert Courtesy Commutation ~ 6/8 gifts are up.

Started by Gabi, February 17, 2009, 08:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Gabi on July 07, 2010, 09:36:35 PM
Aisha, your gifter would like to know if you have any familiarity with Unix.

...Ah, I'm afraid not.  I'm not a tech person.  Sorry if that's a problem. ^^;;
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on July 07, 2010, 11:54:36 PM
Quote from: Gabi on July 07, 2010, 09:36:35 PM
Aisha, your gifter would like to know if you have any familiarity with Unix.

...Ah, I'm afraid not.  I'm not a tech person.  Sorry if that's a problem. ^^;;

I do, but I'm not sure that helps at all. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Gabi

Moar questions! :U

Basilisk's gifter wants to know what sort of a personality Alyena has, or what kind of activities she could be seen doing.

As for Jairus's gifter, the question was shorter: "What would you like me to write about?"

But then said gifter offered to pay for the extra cost of paraphrasing, so... Jairus, will you please let your gifter know your desired topic for a piece of writing?

Thanks in advance.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Lisky

For personality, she's very dominant, confident, and just all around strong... that said, she's also impulsive, easily distracted/entertained, and finds herself in a near constant state of wanderlust.  As to what activities you'd see her in... Well, anything from burning villages, to playing bodyguard for someone who can afford her services, to just hunting for rare or magical items that tickle her fancy. 

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Jairus

Hmm. That's actually a good question. I'm still recovering from a long hot weekend of work, so give me a night to think it over.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Gabi

Here's a question for The1Kobra.

"Is there anything you want in particular? Drawing, writing, poetry, something like that? Any characters that need a bit more love, or any particulars you want or don't want?"

Noone

Well, on a writing front, I'm not sure I have any ideas, sorry.

As for pictures, well, there are five things I can think of...

First, there's Kassin of the Shattered Innocence RP. (Info : Picture by Aisha DeCabre, Description here)
You could also draw Yavvir, who looks similar, but slightly different. (They're brothers) Here's his description:
QuoteHe looked to be a tiger angel, around 6 feet tall. His fur was dark blue colored, though he had dark orange stripes under his eyes, across his ears, and on his tail. His cephalic hair is black, and looks well groomed, with a parting to his right. His wings display an odd attribute, his right wing is white, while his left wing is black. He's wearing black colored boots and pants, and a jacket over his torso. The jacket was black colored, with white lines weaving into very intricate patterns. It looks expensive, and quite comfortable. A white collar could be seen coming up from the neck-line.
He'd look similar, but more muscular, and with the coloration changes noted above.

On my DnD side, I play a bunch of kobold characters. They take after the Kobold A model from NWN. Reference:  http://nwn.bioware.com/builders/creature_profile1.html
There's three, Kurchin, Thilaxtyl, and Saylgarix.

Kurchin is a 'cutesie kobold', (CHA:14). Kurchin stands two foot six. He has large eyes, relatively long tail, kind of a light build. His most notable feature is that his horns and hand-claws are filed down. He keeps himself well groomed and clean.
In his clothing, he normally wears a short sleeve shirt, shorts, and sometimes shoes. He prefers bright, psychedelic outfits.

Thilaxtyl stands two foot eight, and keeps himself well groomed and clean. He keeps his claws and horns sharp however, and well groomed and cleanly.
His clothing varies, but usually consists of a mithril chain shirt, pants, blue gloves, boots and a blue hooded cloak. The cloak covers his back, the hood covers his face, and it's sleeves are long enough to cover his hands. He can roll the outfit out to hide the fact that he's a kobold, if he so desires. He typically carries a shortsword around with him as his favored weapon, in addition to his sorcery.

Saylgarix is a psychotic, ill tempered, and rough kobold. He stands two foot seven, and has an extremely rough and weathered look to him, as if he spends most of his time in the wilderness, and has gotten into many fights in his life. His clothing is usually dull colored, but practical. He likes sleeveless shirts and short pants He tends to go barefoot. He also tends to carry a pair of kukris with him.
He's also accompanied by a badger (animal, not anthro), named Fwuzzy, who is also ill tempered and vicious. Other than being extremely aggressive though, Fwuzzy is a rather regular badger.

I'm not great with personal physical descriptions (I know), but, I hope this is enough. Let me know if you need anything else though.

Jairus

Quote from: Gabi on July 09, 2010, 05:04:15 PM
As for Jairus's gifter, the question was shorter: "What would you like me to write about?"

But then said gifter offered to pay for the extra cost of paraphrasing, so... Jairus, will you please let your gifter know your desired topic for a piece of writing?
Hmmm. Having thought it over, I really can't come up with a self-satisfactory answer, because there are a lot of characters and ideas that I'd love to see get some attention but don't really have a lot of information or examples to give you. I guess, would you like to do a more character-oriented piece or would you like to try something with a bit of possible action?

I do kind of have a specific idea if you'd like to try it, but I don't know if I can properly get it across, but here goes: how do you think that a brilliant and insane inventor would think? What would their process be? How would you write something like that if I gave you some details on such a character? I don't really know if this makes sense, sorry. :\

Gabi

WhiteFox's gifter has a new question. Are there any inert figures he would like to see drawn? "Like say, a building, or a vehicle."

WhiteFox

Quote from: Gabi on July 15, 2010, 09:52:45 AM
WhiteFox's gifter has a new question. Are there any inert figures he would like to see drawn? "Like say, a building, or a vehicle."

Huh.

Some kind of steam-punk land vehicle would be cool. Or a spaceship. Spaceships are always fun.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Gabi

Quote from: Jairus's gifterIf you provide the details, I can give it a go.

Gabi

Quote from: Jairus's gifter

-----
Jairus? *nudge* *nudge* Do I get a response, or not?
-----

:-/

Jairus

Oh, sorry, I completely missed the post.

Ho boy, I've been trying to figure out how to properly describe this. Hm... well, the character in question is a male teenager who is slowly becoming a mad scientist. If you've ever heard of Science Related Memetic Disorder, he's basically got that. Essentially, he's slowly starting to more easily see how things work and how things around him can be shaped to fit the ideas he has, and moreover he can make them work, like turning a bedside clock into a little robot or turning a box of scraps into a working death ray. So, on the one hand, he has foreign and strange thoughts in his head and compulsions to actually try the crazy ideas he has. He's also an orphan, so this is raising questions about his family and real background. Moreover... mad scientists (properly called Geniuses) aren't really all that popular, so it's kind of like someone realizing they're gay in a really straight-laced community, and being gay lets you build killer robots. Okay, it's not quite like that, sorry.

So, um, does any of that help, or do you need some more info?

Gabi

The gifts are here! Most of them, anyway.

-danman drew this gift for Aisha deCabre.
/**
* Author's comments:
* As one can see, warhammer demon hunters have slightly easier life.
**/

-FSharp has tried something different for Corgatha Taldorthar's gift.

-Aisha deCabre drew this gift for danman.
/**
* Author's comments:
* hope you like it, had some fun drawing Vladim, just tinkering with something. :3
**/

-Nyil made this gift for llearch n'n'daCorna.

-Corgatha Taldorthar wrote the following gift for Basilisk.

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on August 03, 2010, 06:23:56 PM
Escape

Turn left, dash twenty yards, elbow a small rabbit being out of the way, ignore the squeal of surprise mixed with slight pain, spin to the right, empty alleyway. Slow, slow down now, less suspicious, less alert. Catch your breath.
Aleyna stalked through the backstreets, somewhat amazed that the heat from the arson carried through the summer swelter so well. The little charm she had woven to keep from sweating had broken down completely from the combination of stress and the increased temperature. Can't be seen, can't be seen. She usually looked down on the impudent tricksters, but right now, the 'Cubi ability to just shift face and vanish into the crowd was damn useful.

Immediate priority, avoid the black and burgundy livery of anyone in the city watch. She was sure she could take any party of less than a dozen, but they could wear her down, and if they descended on her in a body...... she didn't want to think what they'd do to a demon. Higher arching priority, get out of the city, preferably before the wanted posters started circulating. Gates are too well guarded to break out of directly, so that meant easiest would be climbing the wall in some unobserved area, and trusting to her resilience to handle any damage from the fall. She was pretty sure she was in the southwest section of town, and tried to angle to the right and forward as much as she could.

The area she was traveling through seemed to be a rather poor section of town, judging by the shape of the cobbles she was walking on, and that her hard leather shoes were attracting a fair number of envious stares from a smattering of figures, some with wings, with only linen wraps around their feet. She kept her pace rapid, purposeful, but resisted the urge to dash away, look too suspicious.

Perhaps the general penury of the district discouraged the ordinary city services from removing the garbage in a timely fashion, because there was a reek in the air that made Aleyna glad to hit the wall itself. Purposeful craning of the neck to the left and to the right revealed nobody expressing open interest, and she didn't see anyone expressing undue, or even any sort of interest in her.

Granite, she thought, although Aleyna certainly wasn't an expert in stonework. Tightly mortared together. A being wouldn't be able to climb it, but as Aleyna extracted her claws, she smiled. She'd just punch through a small hole, and haul herself up It couldn't be much more than forty feet to the top, annoyingly just a bit too high to jump, even with an enhancement spell.  Scratching out the mortar in a scoop hurt her fingers, but it was well worth dodging the possibility of an arrow in the back.

10 feet, fifteen. My fingers are really starting to hurt, and my nails will take forever to fix after this. Twent- SHIT, I'm falling! The portion she was climbing turned as slick as oil, and despite Aleyna's scrabblings for a hold, she slid right back down, thudding into the ground with an impact that sent jolts of protest up her spine. Right on cue, a ringing alarm, loud enough to wake the dead, emanated from the wall, and she could hear more shouts coming. She scrambled to her feet just in time to mutter a short wardspell to edge aside a crossbow bolt coming from the wall, and she hurled herself into the den of warrens in an attempt to lose herself.

This time though, she was not so fortunate as to progress unobstructed. Only two though, and they were foolish enough to engage in hand to hand combat.  Still, in the time it took to crush a skull and shatter a ribcage, they were able to raise a shout, and the second one fired some sort of flare into the sky, and it was running again. Even demonic endurance had it's limits, and Aleyna was starting to get winded. She took off again, at the best pace she could muster.

An alley. Alleys were her friend. She was sure she could climb up onto the rooftops if pressed, an alternative that was looking more and more attractive regardless.  Mostly though, she needed space, time, to catch her breath, to draw upon theurgic resources, and most of all, to plan. She needed something to get out. Maybe one of the postern gates? Bulling out one of the main ones would be impossible, they'd be crewed with dozens of soldiers, crossbows, magic, open lines of sight. One of the little gates would have a smaller guard, possibly even none at all, since the city wasn't currently under siege. But she couldn't smash through the twin gates, not without raising a hell of a racket and drawing every guard in town. They probably had some sort of trap too, like the walls. She'd need a key, or some way of disarming defenses.

Clatter from outside the alleyway, and not rested nearly enough.  Still, what could she do? Fortunately, the stucco that comprised the walls here were too ramshackle to make a difficult climb, and nobody had bothered to even consider trapping them, she was sure. Twelve seconds later, she had to blink away the sun that seemed much brighter, even if the change in distance was insignificant. Perhaps it was how the buildings always seemed to have lips on their roof, protruding out farther than their foundations, drenching the streets in shade. Aleyna kept to a crouch, knowing that while her chances of being spotted had just gone down, anyone sighting her would instantly be suspicious, lack of wings be damned.

She kept low, half spider-walking across the rooftops, and while she told herself she was moving slowly to stay stealthy, she still wanted just a bit more rest. Maybe she could lie down..... No, no, not at all. She hauled herself into an upright position, went lurching off towards a gate. Take a hostage or two on the way perhaps, try to negotiate through. It seemed pretty obvious that she'd need some extra cards to get through this lockdown.

Hop a roof, turn right, scramble across yet again. Bump into an archer as you mount, no rank badges, low fist strike to the gut, shove him off the top. Too late, the bow could have been useful, no hope going back and getting it now. Maybe that other one two building- WINGS!

At least she had regained some of her wind. Definitely a full demon, electric blue, leonid, very tall, holding some sort of polearm, and a number of Being troopers scrambling up near him. She spotted crossbows, although nobody had fired yet. The leader seemed to want to talk, and Aleyna dropped into a ready stance, but one that was not immediately prepared for flight.

He leaped out, landing on a low building in between herself and his soldiers, planting his weapon onto the rooftop. "Hold, I am Tennethar, of the Guard. Your flight is over.  Please, leave yourself some room for leniency, and surrender yourself now. You must know by now that the walls are unclimbable, and the gates are sealed. Give up, or I will have you shot down."

Sweat trickled down Aleyna's spine, catching in her fur, and starting a terrible stink.  Something in her left side was all knotted up, and she was thirsty, tired of being hounded by these insects. Rage was building up inside her, and she held it at bay with pure will for a moment, before it was shoved aside. She shouted back "Look, I burned it down, but I didn't know it was a fucking orphanage. I don't deserve this. If you want to kill me fine, but do it with some honor, get your own hands dirty dammit!"

He glanced back, and then finally waved to his troops, who lowered their weapons. He looked down at his weapon, before leaping again, using his wings to help him glide over to Aleyna's position.  He reached inside a tartan vest, held out a small bras pendant, before carefully setting it to the side of the rooftop. "It's a recognition charm. If you have it, you won't trigger the alarms near the walls, can climb right up." He then stepped away from the amulet, and cracked his neck. He had a few inches, and  at least thirty pounds on her. Still, it was better than facing the crossbows. Aleyna sighed, and shifted her legs into one more suited for fistfighting.

She quickstepped up, fast jab to the face, got swiped aside, had to step to the right to avoid being turned around from the force of the block. Duck the return roundhouse punch, and lash out with a short kick, connect on the left ankle.  Step left, switching to a right foot lead, kick again at the same leg, miss the knee, block too late at his swipe. Her ears rang, although the blow wasn't very crisp, it was rather forceful.

Damn she was tired, she shouldn't make mistakes like that, and she had to take two steps back to avoid some more sloppy blows. She was confident she'd be able to take him, if she were rested. As it was, he'd stand to wear her down, if nothing else. Back another step, damn that she couldn't come up with a counter to a kick that high, and her head was really starting to hurt. She felt her heel drop over the edge of the roof, and barely caught her balance. A wild rush from Tennethar, and she saw he left his left flank a bit open, his arm held a bit too high. She turned her retreat into a wild rush, digging an elbow in at his lower ribs, and then stamping on his foot, headbutting him in the chin, and putting his left arm into an inside lock, pulled at it until she felt his elbow crink, and then hit him hard on the solar plexus, which felled the big oaf.

She panted heavily, contemplated stamping on his neck, decided against it. Instead, she just scooped up the pendant. He really was kind of cute, and pulled a card out of her purse, knelt over him. "Your technique could use some work, you should look me up some time, so I can give you a lesson." She stroked his cheek once, and then dashed off. She had a city to escape.

-Arroyo Milori drew this gift for Spooks.
/**
* Author's comments:
* If she wants, I can put it up on my FA account upon request.
**/

-Basilisk drew this gift for Nyil but neglected to upload it to a server so now it's on PostImage. :P
/**
* Author's comments:
* I was originally going to draw some type of feline with this picture... but couldn't really decide what the devious little mouse was taunting this time X3... Hope you enjoy Nyil, as i've been having fun playing with sketches of your character for the last couple of weeks :3
**/

-llearch n'n'daCorna wrote the following gift for Jairus:
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna
I'm not mad, and I don't think my parents were, either.

I know that seems an unusual thing to start out by saying, but it's true. I'm not even slightly unhinged. I just have, well, a gift for figuring out how things work. Some people are born politicians, some people swim really well, some people have a gift for taking people apart and seeing what makes them tick. Well, I feel that way about machines.
Admittedly, not all machines - I think the milking machine down on the farm we orphans got to stay at didn't like me. I know the farmer didn't, because he was quite vocal about it. And loud - very loud. I don't see why he was so upset, it milked the cows in a third of the time it used to, by the time I was finished with it. And I was only twelve, so it was hard to lift some of the bigger bits into place.

Admittedly, it also milked his wife, when she got too close. And his sister, who was herding the cows in. And the neighbours wife, who'd just wandered past to swap some eggs for some milk. But it milked them quickly. And I'm pretty sure the attachment I added for keeping the cows happy worked; they were all smiling when it put them back in the field, afterwards. In fact, his sister came by later and asked for some blueprints for that attachment. Not sure why, she didn't want the rest of it, and it wouldn't really have worked without that - no way to get the cows close enough, you know. I wonder what she did with them - we never did go back to find out...

I'm sorry, I got a bit distracted there for a minute. Where was I? Oh, yes. Not mad. Not at all. I don't even suffer from allergies. I will admit I keep looking at things, and they just, well, come to pieces in my hands, but that doesn't make me mad, does it? Does it? And I always put them back together again. Mostly. And they still work.

Okay, so the alarm clock didn't actually wake anyone up, until it shot the postman at three in the morning. I know, I know. I should have added some safety interlocks on it. I'll do so next time. And he was okay, mostly. and you have to admit demolishing his house from the other side of the city was pretty cool. I was sorry about the birdhouse, though.

Times like that, though, I start to wonder what my parents were like. Did they have brown hair, or blonde, or chestnut? Blue eyes, or brown, or green? Did they pluck pigeons with mach-3 toast at three in the morning, by accident, or is it just me? Did they get egged in school?

Was my dad popular? Did he get revenge on the jocks for being called silly names like Jubblies by loading their practice balls with nanomotile weights, to put them off their stride? Or was he more of a type to embed them with teeth and a nasty sense of humour? Would my mother have objected to the washing machine adjustment that identifies the owner by DNA and impregnates the towels and underclothing with deep heat? Or would she have applauded when it kinda didn't work too well, and levelled the swimming pool, and planted flowers and trees and the
vice principle, and watered and trimmed them?

I wonder, sometimes.
/**
* Author's comments:
* Jairus:
Apologies, this isn't quite what you requested. Hopefully, it's
suitable, all the same; my muse went into hiding for the month, then
snuck out at the end and smacked me over the back of the head with her
hammer...

Hopefully the result makes you giggle.

llearch
**/

-Jairus drew this gift for The1Kobra.
/**
* Author's comments:
* I decided to do your kobold character Thilaxtyl, who based on his description sounded a bit like a swashbuckler so I tried to go for the Errol Flynn-type loose shirt with the chain mail over it, and a similar sort of style for the pants since a kobold's leg structure seemed to require loose pants. I was slightly confused over whether he wore a robe or a cloak, since you called it a cloak but described it as having sleeves, so I went for a cloak with the hood off the head. I think he came across as a lot more stocky than I originally wanted and how kobolds are supposed to look (I think), but I couldn't figure out how to properly correct that. Maybe next time I draw a kobold. I was uncertain about the scale patterns that kobolds have, so I kind of gave up halfway up the head so that there was still a chance to distinguish his features. I also just realized that I accidentally drew him as left-handed. Whoops, sorry. Anyway, hope you like it!
**/

-The1Kobra has made the following gift for WhiteFox.
Quote from: The1Kobra on August 04, 2010, 10:01:00 PM
Author's Comments:
I was given rather loose guidelines, so, I decided to try and make something of a spaceship using the tools I had available. The images provided are generated from coding, Java using the JOGL package to be exact. It's actually my first time using JOGL specifically, even though I've had some experience using OpenGL. There were a few things I tried to get to work, but couldn't figure out, camera control (I had to use translations to get the different perspectives, and it shows.), lighting, and texturing. I know it's probably not the best thing in the world, but I think it came out alright overall.

Just to note, I actually tried to create a programmed image of Theonor from DSOF, but I had trouble making the humanoid figure with a lot of detail, the polygon count is absurd. I'd need a lot of those, or a wire frame, which are sadly both beyond my ability as of now. Oh well. The code left over is in but commented out.

Anyways, provided are four images, along with the source code, if you're into that.

And here is the source code: (Approx 400 lines)
import javax.media.opengl.GL;
import javax.media.opengl.GLEventListener;
import javax.media.opengl.GLAutoDrawable;
import javax.media.opengl.glu.GLU;
import java.awt.event.KeyEvent;
import java.awt.event.KeyListener;
import javax.media.opengl.GLCanvas;
import java.awt.Frame;
import java.awt.event.WindowAdapter;
import java.awt.event.WindowEvent;
import com.sun.opengl.util.Animator;
import java.util.Random;
public class CCCforWF1 implements GLEventListener, KeyListener {
   Random rand = new Random();
   float rotateT = 0.0f;
    static GLU glu = new GLU();
    static GLCanvas canvas = new GLCanvas();
    static Frame frame = new Frame("Jogl 3D Shape/Rotation");
    static Animator animator = new Animator(canvas);
    public void display(GLAutoDrawable gLDrawable) {
       double pi = 3.14159265;
       final GL gl = gLDrawable.getGL();
       gl.glClear(GL.GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT);
       gl.glClear(GL.GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT);
       gl.glLoadIdentity();
       //gl.glEnable(GL.GL_LIGHTING);
       gl.glEnable (GL.GL_DEPTH_TEST);
       gl.glEnable(GL.GL_TEXTURE_2D);
       gl.glPixelStorei(GL.GL_UNPACK_ALIGNMENT, 1);
       //gl.glMatrixMode(GL.GL_PROJECTION);
        //glu.gluPerspective(60.0, 1.0, 1.0, 15.0);
        //gl.glViewport( 0, 0, 750, 750 );
        //gl.glMatrixMode( GL.GL_MODELVIEW );
        //gl.glLoadIdentity();
       /* glu.gluLookAt (0.0, 0.0, -5.0,
                   0.0, 0.0, 0.0,
                   0.0, 1.0, 0.0); */
        /*
        float whitelight[] = {1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f};
        float pos[] = {-2.0f, 2.0f, 1.5f, 1.0f};
        gl.glEnable (GL.GL_LIGHT0);
        gl.glLightfv (GL.GL_LIGHT0, GL.GL_DIFFUSE, whitelight);
        gl.glLightfv (GL.GL_LIGHT0, GL.GL_SPECULAR, whitelight);
        gl.glLightfv (GL.GL_LIGHT0, GL.GL_POSITION, pos);*/
        //float gray_diffuse[] = {0.55f, 0.55f, 0.55f, 1.0f};
        //float highlight[] = {1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f};
       //gl.glPushMatrix();
       //gl.glMaterialfv (GL.GL_FRONT, GL.GL_AMBIENT_AND_DIFFUSE, gray_diffuse);
       //gl.glMaterialfv (GL.GL_FRONT, GL.GL_SPECULAR, highlight);
       //gl.glMaterialf (GL.GL_FRONT, GL.GL_SHININESS, 10.0f);

// Standard View
       //gl.glTranslatef(-0.375f, -1.0f, -3.0f);
       // Rear View
       //gl.glRotatef(180.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f);
       //gl.glTranslatef(0.0f, -1.0f, 14.0f);
       // Top View
       //gl.glRotatef(30.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f);
       //gl.glTranslatef(0.0f, -4.0f, -4.0f);
        // Side View
       gl.glRotatef(90.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f);
       gl.glTranslatef(20.0f, -4.5f, 7.5f);

gl.glColor3f(0.55f,0.55f,0.55f);
       gl.glNormal3f(0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f);
       // Begin 'nose'
        gl.glBegin(GL.GL_POLYGON);
        gl.glVertex3f(0.25f, 0.0f, -0.5f);
        gl.glVertex3f(-0.25f, 0.0f, -0.5f);
        gl.glVertex3f(-0.25f, 0.25f, -1.1f);
        gl.glVertex3f(0.25f, 0.25f, -1.1f);
       gl.glEnd();
        gl.glVertex3f(-0.25f, -0.25f, -1.1f);
        gl.glVertex3f(0.25f, -0.25f, -1.1f);
       gl.glEnd();
       gl.glColor3f(0.65f,0.65f,0.65f);
       // Begin Fuseloge
       gl.glEnd();
       gl.glEnd();
        gl.glVertex3f(0.25f, 0.25f, -5.0f);
        gl.glVertex3f(0.25f, -0.25f, -4.0f);
       gl.glEnd();
        gl.glVertex3f(-0.25f, 0.25f, -5.0f);
        gl.glVertex3f(-0.25f, -0.25f, -4.0f);
       gl.glEnd();
       gl.glEnd();
       gl.glEnd();
       gl.glColor3f(0.75f,0.75f,0.75f);
       // Begin Wings
        gl.glVertex3f(1.75f, -0.25f, -7.0f);
        gl.glVertex3f(1.75f, 0.25f, -8.0f);
       gl.glEnd();
        gl.glVertex3f(-1.75f, -0.25f, -7.0f);
        gl.glVertex3f(-1.75f, 0.25f, -8.0f);
       gl.glEnd();
        gl.glVertex3f(1.75f, 0.25f, -10.0f);
        gl.glVertex3f(1.75f, -0.25f, -10.0f);
       gl.glEnd();
        gl.glVertex3f(-1.75f, 0.25f, -10.0f);
        gl.glVertex3f(-1.75f, -0.25f, -10.0f);
       gl.glEnd();
       // Begin upper 'body'
        gl.glVertex3f(0.25f, 0.50f, -6.0f);
        gl.glVertex3f(-0.25f, 0.50f, -6.0f);
       gl.glEnd();
        gl.glVertex3f(0.25f, 0.50f, -10.0f);
        gl.glVertex3f(-0.25f, 0.50f, -10.0f);
       gl.glEnd();
        gl.glEnd();
       gl.glEnd();
       gl.glColor3f(0.70f,0.70f,0.70f);
       gl.glEnd();
       gl.glEnd();
       // Bottom of the plane
       gl.glEnd();
       // Back pieces
       gl.glColor3f(0.50f,0.50f,0.50f);
       gl.glEnd();
       gl.glColor3f(0.45f,0.45f,0.45f);
       gl.glEnd();
       // Advanced (somewhat) features
       // 'Ears':
       gl.glColor3f(0.85f,0.85f,0.85f);
        gl.glVertex3f(0.25f, 0.45f, -1.6f);
        gl.glVertex3f(0.25f, 0.25f, -1.6f);
       gl.glEnd();
       gl.glColor3f(0.85f,0.85f,0.85f);
        gl.glVertex3f(-0.25f, 0.45f, -1.6f);
        gl.glVertex3f(-0.25f, 0.25f, -1.6f);
       gl.glEnd();
       // Window: (replaced by sphere window)
/*       gl.glColor3f(0.15f,0.45f,0.85f);
        gl.glVertex3f(0.10f, 0.0f, -0.5f);
        gl.glVertex3f(-0.10f, 0.0f, -0.5f);
        gl.glVertex3f(-0.10f, 0.05f, -0.5f);
        gl.glVertex3f(0.10f, 0.05f, -0.5f);
       gl.glEnd();
        gl.glVertex3f(0.10f, 0.25f, -1.0f);
        gl.glVertex3f(-0.10f, 0.25f, -1.0f);
        gl.glVertex3f(-0.10f, 0.25f, -1.1f);
        gl.glVertex3f(0.10f, 0.25f, -1.1f);
       gl.glEnd();
       gl.glEnd();
        gl.glVertex3f(0.10f, 0.00f, -0.5f);
        gl.glVertex3f(0.10f, 0.00f, -1.1f);
       gl.glEnd();
        gl.glVertex3f(-0.10f, 0.00f, -0.5f);
        gl.glVertex3f(-0.10f, 0.00f, -1.1f);
       gl.glEnd();*/
       // Cylindrical features
       gl.glColor3f(.35f, .85f, .35f);
       gl.glTranslatef(-0.125f, 0.40f, -6.0f);
       glu.gluCylinder (glu.gluNewQuadric(), 0.075, 0.075, 0.95, 100, 100);
       gl.glTranslatef(0.25f, 0.0f, 0.0f);
       glu.gluCylinder (glu.gluNewQuadric(), 0.075, 0.075, 0.95, 100, 100);
       gl.glTranslatef(-0.125f, -0.40f, 6.0f); // Undo translation

gl.glColor3f(.85f, .35f, .35f);
       gl.glTranslatef(0.40f, 0.0f, -5.25f);
       glu.gluCylinder (glu.gluNewQuadric(), 0.125, 0.125, 1.0, 100, 100);
       gl.glTranslatef(-0.80f, 0.0f, -0.0f);
       glu.gluCylinder (glu.gluNewQuadric(), 0.125, 0.125, 1.0, 100, 100);
       gl.glTranslatef(0.40f, -0.0f, 5.25f); // Undo translation

gl.glColor3f(.85f, .85f, .35f);
       gl.glTranslatef(-0.15f, -0.15f, -1.0f);
       glu.gluCylinder (glu.gluNewQuadric(), 0.045, 0.045, 0.35, 100, 100);
       gl.glTranslatef(0.25f, 0.0f, 0.0f);
       glu.gluCylinder (glu.gluNewQuadric(), 0.045, 0.045, 0.35, 100, 100);
       gl.glTranslatef(-0.10f, 0.15f, 1.0f); // Undo translation

gl.glColor3f(.95f, .65f, .25f);
       gl.glTranslatef(0.15f, 0.35f, -10.75f);
       glu.gluCylinder (glu.gluNewQuadric(), 0.10, 0.10, 1.55, 100, 100);   
       gl.glTranslatef(-0.30f, 0.0f, -0.0f);
       glu.gluCylinder (glu.gluNewQuadric(), 0.10, 0.10, 1.55, 100, 100);
       gl.glTranslatef(0.15f, -0.35f, 10.75f); // Undo translation

// Spheres
       gl.glColor3f(.15f, .45f, .85f);
       gl.glTranslatef(0.0f, 0.15f, -0.75f);
       glu.gluSphere (glu.gluNewQuadric(), 0.150, 100, 100);
       gl.glTranslatef(0.0f, -0.15f, 0.75f); // Undo translation
       // 'Engines'
       gl.glColor3f(.15f, .75f, .75f);
       gl.glTranslatef(1.0f, 0.0f, -10.0f);
       glu.gluSphere (glu.gluNewQuadric(), 0.175, 100, 100);
       gl.glTranslatef(-1.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f);
       gl.glTranslatef(-1.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f);
       gl.glTranslatef(0.0f, 0.0f, -0.10f);
       gl.glColor3f(.75f, .15f, .75f);
       glu.gluSphere (glu.gluNewQuadric(), 0.1, 100, 100);
       gl.glTranslatef(1.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f);
       gl.glTranslatef(1.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f);
       gl.glTranslatef(-1.0f, 0.0f, 10.10f); // Undo translation

/*
       // Begin programmed Theonor. Static image. Use random coloration for wings
       // Begin head
       gl.glColor3f(0.55f, 0.0f, 0.0f); // Face color
       gl.glVertex3f(0.0f, 1.20f, 1.0f);
       for (float loop = 0; loop < 50; loop++) {
          double sincur = Math.sin(0 + loop * pi / 100);
          double coscur = Math.cos(0 + loop * pi / 100);
          //System.out.println(sincur + "||" + coscur);
          gl.glVertex3f(0.0f - (0.15f * (float)sincur), 1.10f + (0.10f * (float)coscur), 1.0f);
       }
       gl.glVertex3f(-0.15f, 1.10f, 1.0f);
       gl.glVertex3f(-0.15f, 1.05f, 1.0f);
          gl.glVertex3f(0.01f - (0.16f * (float)coscur), 1.05f - (0.20f * (float)sincur), 1.0f);
       }
       gl.glVertex3f(0.01f, 0.85f, 1.0f);
          gl.glVertex3f(0.01f + (0.13f * (float)sincur), 0.95f - (0.10f * (float)coscur), 1.0f);
       }
       gl.glVertex3f(0.14f, 0.95f, 1.0f);
       gl.glVertex3f(0.15f, 1.11f, 1.0f);
       gl.glEnd();
       // Begin ears
       gl.glColor3f(0.50f, 0.0f, 0.0f); // Ear color
       gl.glVertex3f(-0.15f, 1.10f, 1.0f);
       gl.glVertex3f(-0.075f, 1.15f, 1.0f);
       gl.glVertex3f(-0.185f, 1.25f, 0.85f);
       gl.glEnd();
       gl.glVertex3f(0.14f, 0.95f, 1.0f);
       gl.glVertex3f(0.085f, 1.05f, 1.0f);
       gl.glVertex3f(0.185f, 1.25f, 0.85f);
       gl.glEnd();
       // Begin hair
       gl.glColor3f(0.05f, 0.65f, 0.65f);
       gl.glVertex3f(0.0f, 1.25f, 1.0f);
       gl.glVertex3f(-0.14f, 1.1f, 1.0f);
       gl.glVertex3f(-0.1f, 1.2f, 1.0f);
       gl.glVertex3f(-0.06f, 1.05f, 1.0f);
       gl.glVertex3f(-0.01f, 1.15f, 1.0f);
       gl.glVertex3f(0.04f, 1.09f, 1.0f);
       gl.glVertex3f(0.07f, 1.14f, 1.0f);
       gl.glVertex3f(0.15f, 1.06f, 1.0f);
       gl.glVertex3f(0.1f, 1.2f, 1.0f);
       gl.glEnd();
       gl.glColor3f(0.05f, 0.75f, 0.75f);
       gl.glVertex3f(0.0f, 1.23f, 1.0f);
       gl.glVertex3f(-0.14f, 1.15f, 1.0f);
       gl.glVertex3f(-0.1f, 1.2f, 1.0f);
       gl.glVertex3f(-0.06f, 1.10f, 1.0f);
       gl.glVertex3f(-0.01f, 1.18f, 1.0f);
       gl.glVertex3f(0.04f, 1.13f, 1.0f);
       gl.glVertex3f(0.07f, 1.17f, 1.0f);
       gl.glVertex3f(0.15f, 1.09f, 1.0f);
       gl.glVertex3f(0.1f, 1.15f, 1.0f);
       gl.glEnd();

// Begin eyes
       gl.glColor3f(1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f);
       gl.glEnd();
       */

}

public void displayChanged(GLAutoDrawable gLDrawable,
                boolean modeChanged, boolean deviceChanged) {
    }

public void init(GLAutoDrawable gLDrawable) {
       GL gl = gLDrawable.getGL();
       gl.glShadeModel(GL.GL_SMOOTH);
       //gl.glClearColor(1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f);
       gl.glClearColor(0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f);
       gl.glClearDepth(1.0f);
       gl.glEnable(GL.GL_DEPTH_TEST);
       gl.glDepthFunc(GL.GL_LEQUAL);
       gl.glHint(GL.GL_PERSPECTIVE_CORRECTION_HINT,
          GL.GL_NICEST);
       gLDrawable.addKeyListener(this);
    }

public void reshape(GLAutoDrawable gLDrawable, int x,
         int y, int width, int height) {
       GL gl = gLDrawable.getGL();
       if(height <= 0) {
          height = 1;
       }
       float h = (float)width / (float)height;
       gl.glMatrixMode(GL.GL_PROJECTION);
       gl.glLoadIdentity();
       glu.gluPerspective(50.0f, h, 1.0, 1000.0);
       gl.glMatrixMode(GL.GL_MODELVIEW);
       gl.glLoadIdentity();
    }

public void keyPressed(KeyEvent e) {
   if(e.getKeyCode() == KeyEvent.VK_ESCAPE) {
       exit();
   }
    }

public void keyReleased(KeyEvent e) {
    }

public void keyTyped(KeyEvent e) {
    }

public static void exit(){
       animator.stop();
       frame.dispose();
       System.exit(0);
    }

public static void main(String[] args) {
       canvas.addGLEventListener(new CCCforWF1());
       frame.add(canvas);
       frame.setSize(640, 480);
       frame.setUndecorated(true);
       frame.setExtendedState(Frame.MAXIMIZED_BOTH);
       frame.addWindowListener(new WindowAdapter() {
          public void windowClosing(WindowEvent e) {
             exit();
          }
       });
       frame.setVisible(true);
       animator.start();
       canvas.requestFocus();
    }
}

-Fibre made this gift for Arroyo Milori.

I have yet to hear from WhiteFox, Liatai and Spooks. Hopefully they'll post their gifts here soon.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Jairus

Heeheeheeheehee. No, it's not quite what I was thinking, Lurch, but it's lovely nonetheless. Oh, that made me giggle evilly.

Ah, Jubblies. How I have not missed thee. :P

Nyil

Quote from: Gabi on August 05, 2010, 10:44:20 AM
-Basilisk drew this gift for Nyil but neglected to upload it to a server so now it's on PostImage. tongue
/**
* Author's comments:
* I was originally going to draw some type of feline with this picture... but couldn't really decide what the devious little mouse was taunting this time X3... Hope you enjoy Nyil, as i've been having fun playing with sketches of your character for the last couple of weeks neko 2
**/

*snrk* one of the commissions I'm currently working on has to do with mice and taunting/fighting cats. Very funny. Thanks, I love it x3
A drop of water shall be returned with a burst of spring.

Interested in high fantasy and art nouveau? Check out my art page! http://www.furaffinity.net/user/nyil/

Arroyo Milori

Thats odd, I can't see my gift. : <

EDIT: Nevermind, I love it it's cute <3

Gabi

Strange, I have no trouble seeing it. Here's a clickable thumbnail:

Edit: oh, you've already seen it. Nevermind, now you can see it in 2 different places.

VAE

Bwhahah
I love it Aisha... using the tentacles as a light source for reading.. clever idea for an upgrade, real clever.

I hope you will like mine,  and don't kill me for drawing  Aisha "the Risen" with a "Fa'lina transformation matrix" applied  :mowtongue
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Corgatha Taldorthar

Fsharp...... I'm humbled, as ever, by your work. It's amazing, and I especially like the lightning effect, even if it shouldn't be "canon" it's so damn cool that I don't care.

As for Bas's work, I want to apologize, I was depressed and distracted for writing most of it, and the work shows, it's very fragmentary in writing styles, which happens when I start and stop the same piece of work repeatedly. Hope it's not too bad.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Lisky

Entertaining, corgy, and not too bad X3... Seems to fit in-character, more than you'd think

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Lore

Alright, it's a day late but here is F#'s piece.

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4268219/?nocache=1281034029

Here's a smaller version on Photobucket if you're not in a place where you can view FA.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd39/hydeistangel/CCC_Fsharp.png

Quote from: Gabi on August 05, 2010, 10:25:40 AM
/**
* Author's comments:
**/

Arroyo Milori, that is absolutely adorable. Thank you so much! I'd love for you put it on FA so I can fav it. :)

Arroyo Milori

Quote from: Spooks on August 05, 2010, 02:54:17 PM
Alright, it's a day late but here is F#'s piece.

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4268219/?nocache=1281034029

Here's a smaller version on Photobucket if you're not in a place where you can view FA.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd39/hydeistangel/CCC_Fsharp.png

Quote from: Gabi on August 05, 2010, 10:25:40 AM
/**
* Author's comments:
**/

Arroyo Milori, that is absolutely adorable. Thank you so much! I'd love for you put it on FA so I can fav it. :)
I'll put it in my scraps. :3

WhiteFox

Flying Hazards For Liatai. Recreating a scene from the Deathtrap Dungeon RP.

Apologies for the lateness: this would have been up yesterday except that my scanner decided to not work, and I had to borrow one from a friend.

Adding Dee there was Mechanistos idea.

Mnogo was surprisingly hard to draw, for a pile of mud.

Anyway... I hope it entertains.

The1Kobra: I. Am honoured. Thank you very much.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Liatai

Looks like I'm the last one. Sorry I took so long, Fibre. It's a funny story, actually... I got this done the night before the due date, and the next day, I was moving into a new apartment. It was only after all the boxes had been packed and brought into the new place that I remembered that I forgot to scan it. Whoops. :animesweat

Well, to make a long story short, I finally managed to find my scanner, so here you go! Hope you like it.

WhiteFox: Bwahahaha! Kittrick and Mnogo's faces are priceless. xD Thank you!

Inumo

Wow... Can I preemptively sign up for round 12? This is awesome.

Arroyo Milori

Fibre

Quote from: Liatai on August 05, 2010, 06:05:18 PM
Looks like I'm the last one. Sorry I took so long, Fibre. It's a funny story, actually... I got this done the night before the due date, and the next day, I was moving into a new apartment. It was only after all the boxes had been packed and brought into the new place that I remembered that I forgot to scan it. Whoops. :animesweat

Well, to make a long story short, I finally managed to find my scanner, so here you go! Hope you like it.

That is really fantastic! I absolutely love it! Thank you so much, Liatai! :eager Now I want to go get some ice cream. And I hope your move went well. :)

Quote from: Arroyo Milori on August 05, 2010, 11:20:13 AM
Thats odd, I can't see my gift. : <

EDIT: Nevermind, I love it it's cute <3

Glad you like it. :3 It was my first attempt drawing a feline, actually. If I happen to get some free time (ha) I kind of want to try to clean it up a bit more and apply some shading...