[Art Exchange] Covert Courtesy Commutation ~ 6/8 gifts are up.

Started by Gabi, February 17, 2009, 08:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

I'm in. Might as well, I'm not doing anything for the next month.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Lisky

Jay: Awesome work on the sketch, sorry for taking soo long to reply, been a bit busy with a few things.  It came out very well, and yes, you did an excellent job on the muzzle X3

Gabi: You can count me in too... with no major events in July, i've got nothing but free time, for the most part X3

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Noone

I have some free time now, so, I'd like to bring my (admittedly limited) abilities to the CCC for this round.

WhiteFox

Quote from: Jairus on July 05, 2010, 01:26:10 AM
EDIT: Oh, and I'm in for the next round.

I think Jairus is in for the next round.

[EDIT:]
Quote from: Jairus on July 05, 2010, 06:33:28 PM
I'm in. Might as well, I'm not doing anything for the next month.

Redundant WhiteFox is redundant! Dhurr.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

FSharp

Quote from: Gabi on July 05, 2010, 05:54:47 PMSo, Arroyo Milori and WhiteFox are in for the next round. Anyone else?

CAT scan results are in and I don't have an aneursym, so I'm in for the next round (admittedly there's still six months worth of incredibly bizarre experiences medical science can't find an explanation for [it's literally like I'm living inside an episode of the X-Files] and they can't rule out that I may be slowly going blind, but I'm choosing to wax positive!).

So ... ummmmm ... yeah, I'm in unless I go blind or turn howling at the moon type crazy within the next 30 days.{/drama}

Cheers,

F#
"To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gabi

So it's Arroyo Milori, WhiteFox, Liatai, Corgatha Taldorthar, Jairus, Basilisk, The1Kobra and FSharp. Nice! I'll leave sign-ups open for today in case anyone else wants to join, and start Round 11 tomorrow.

And FSharp, I really hope everything goes well with you.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, what the hey. I'll sign up to do some stick figure art or something.

... if anyone objects to that sort of trivial piddling about, speak now, and I'll bow out.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

It's not about the gift, but the thought that counts.  That was the whole idea when this was started, and it remains so from what I can tell.  It's about doing something nice for the person who's name you received. :>

VAE

Following the example of llearch, the danman volunteers his versatil, drawing pen and heap of rubbers to this endeavour
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: danman on July 06, 2010, 05:25:35 PM
Following the example of llearch, the danman volunteers his versatil, drawing pen and heap of rubbers to this endeavour

This might be a mistake, but I gotta know, how are you planning on using rubbers to make a work of art?
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

VAE

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on July 06, 2010, 05:48:25 PM

This might be a mistake, but I gotta know, how are you planning on using rubbers to make a work of art?
Ack! ... just after Meany mentioned it... you see in my language, the word for rubber and eraser is the same - "guma"
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Jairus

Quote from: danman on July 06, 2010, 05:54:40 PM
Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on July 06, 2010, 05:48:25 PM

Ack! ... just after Meany mentioned it... you see in my language, the word for rubber and eraser is the same - "guma"
I have to mention it, I thought the exact same thing. Though I did know you meant eraser.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Nyil

A drop of water shall be returned with a burst of spring.

Interested in high fantasy and art nouveau? Check out my art page! http://www.furaffinity.net/user/nyil/

Fibre

Aisha deCabre

I'll sign up for this round.  :3  My drawing muse wishes it, so shall it be.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

WhiteFox

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 06, 2010, 10:57:04 AM
Oh, what the hey. I'll sign up to do some stick figure art or something.

Stick figures are an integral aspect of figure drawing: laying out a character skeleton.

Once you got that, the rest is a cakewalk.  :3

Quote from: Mao Laoren on July 06, 2010, 12:57:48 PM
It's not about the gift, but the thought that counts.
I will affirm that whole-heartedly.

I will also add that I love doing CCC because I end up getting to draw stuff I never would have, if left to my own devices. Like robo-suits or dragon-mythos-cubi, or leopards by the dozen.

It's great. And by "great," I mean frustrating. And by "frustrating," I mean fun and awesometacular.

It's almost 4AM. I should sleep now.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Gabi

And so, Round 11 begins. We have 14 players for this round!

Player list: Arroyo Milori, WhiteFox, Liatai, Corgatha Taldorthar, Jairus, Basilisk, The1Kobra, FSharp, Spooks, llearch, danman, Nyil, Fibre, Aisha deCabre.

The deadline is 4 weeks from now, on Wednesday, 4th of August. You may, of course, send me your gifts before that date.

As usual, you can post your references here (or anything you'd like your gifter to know), and use me as a proxy to ask questions to your recipient.

I hope you enjoy this round.

Gabi

OK, first row of questions:

Basilisk's gifter would like to know which one of his characters he wants portrayed for this round.

WhiteFox's and Corgatha's gifters both want to know if their recipients prefer writing or drawings, and if they have any ideas or references for them to work with.

And Spooks's gifter would like some references too.

Aisha deCabre

Since it's been a few rounds since I participated, I thought I'd re-post one of the better pics for references that I did: Here.  Drawings or writings though, doesn't matter much, just do what comes to you.  :3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Gabi

Danman's gifter would like to know if Danman has any references or anything specific he'd like for a gift.

Also, Aisha's gifter has asked if there is some particular character she would like drawn - her avatar cat, someone from the RP's or "something completely else", but I think she's already answered that question.

Lisky

How about someone who hasn't gotten nearly as much backstory about her.  Aleyna

Demon Vixen. shoulder-blade length, sun-bleached-blond hair, worn in a style to match her mood (usually quite casual, yet she does have a more dominant personality)

She stands at 5'10"  Slight frame, with a more athletic, martial artist/gymnastic type build than say... your typical "fantasy female".  Long, well defined legs, narrow body and build.  An fiery orange overcoat, with a platinum-colored undercoat (a more bright silver-like tone)  15' wingspan, with no additional "wing-fingers"   Her wings have a navy outside and edge, with a orange-to-platinum inside.  The bones and muscles in the wing are highlighted in navy as well.

http://risendecabre.deviantart.com/art/Commish-Baseel-and-Aleyna-158132554  (thank you Aish) for a better idea of the coloring.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e268/EWork88/Aleyna.jpg for a better idea of her build

Clothing wise, she favors comfort over style... and if you're at all involved in OSaS, you've probably guessed that her magic type of choice is fire X3

if you need anything else, or feel like trying something/one else, by all means, let me know X3

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

VAE

Hmm, the danman is thinking now....
If his gifter is someone from one of the two RP's he participates in, then it would be easiest for him to make something involving the character in question there.

In other case, one can choose either my avatar, Vladim, or his close co-operator Sergej (the first pic lacks feet... i planned it badly and ran out of paper down there... :<)
If one wants personal info about them, i can post the prototype cast pages i have somewhere... or for the first one, this is a good enough description
Saphroneth

Aisha deCabre

Quote from: Gabi on July 07, 2010, 01:50:54 PM
Also, Aisha's gifter has asked if there is some particular character she would like drawn - her avatar cat, someone from the RP's or "something completely else", but I think she's already answered that question.

Heh, indeed; just something of Aisha, who is indeed my avatar, would do.  Other references also exist on page 2, I forgot to mention. x3
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Gabi

Message from FSharp's gifter.

Quote from: FSharp's gifter
If I could get refs of whatever FSharp wants me to draw, that'd be great. :D

And Nyil's gifter is asking if there's something specific he wants done for his CCC Gift.

Quote from: Nyil's gifterAny particular character, or if i should just have fun with his avatar?

Nyil

You can just have fun with my avatar xP I don't have a full reference sheet, but the closest thing I have is here: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4104227
About 5'6", can do anything with the clothes, the only thing that's always consistently there is the bell and the bow on the tail.
If you need anything else, just let me know!
A drop of water shall be returned with a burst of spring.

Interested in high fantasy and art nouveau? Check out my art page! http://www.furaffinity.net/user/nyil/

Corgatha Taldorthar

I have two major characters that I use in and around DMFA.

The first one is Kedered Aldoraethar. Aisha Decabre did a very good picture here

He was originally created as an RP character in Shattered Innocence. You can read the bio here

The second character is my username, Corgatha Taldorthar. He was created for a wheel of time setting, and is human. Short description here

here's a picture by Kipriu And one by Zina

As for whether I'd prefer something written or drawn.....

I'm a good writer (or like to think of myself as one), so I always reflexively cringe at literary mistakes. And one of the things I've learned is that they're inevitable. Drawing has more mystery for me, more raw power. That being said, if you want to start up a conversation about the written work, and you think you're a good writer, I'd love to see a short story. But please, do whatever makes you feel more comfortable.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

WhiteFox

Dear Gifter:

I would very much appreciate visual art over written. I have vision problems that can make reading difficult at times.

Quote from: WhiteFox on April 04, 2010, 02:50:08 AM
Dear gifter;
Quote from: WhiteFox on January 19, 2010, 02:43:37 PM
Dear gifter;

As far as DSOF goes, any of the characters are fine. I don't have any references for them online at the moment, but I'm not fussy about accuracy when it comes to gift art. I'm open to interpretations.

I do have a "style guide" for my avatar at FA, however; http://www.furaffinity.net/view/3104772/ and http://www.furaffinity.net/view/3294417/

I say "style guide" rather then "model sheet" because it's not how I draw my avatar, but rather how anyone, regardless of their art style, could.

Anyway, I hope that helps.

The only thing to add to this is that Gabriel, an RP character I have arts of on FA, should probably remain out of bounds for a variety of reasons. (Except in the off chance that my gifter just happens to be Basilisk. Then it would be okay.)
Aside from that, go with your instincts. If you get a cool idea, don't worry about whether or not I'll like it. Just go with it.
I'm not to fussy about how my characters are used, and if you think it's cool then I probably will too. Good luck, have fun.

("I often quote myself at parties: it makes for intelligent conversation." -Oscar Wilde... I think. Might have been Mark Twain)

Gabi

Aisha, your gifter would like to know if you have any familiarity with Unix.

FSharp

Quote from: FSharp's gifter
If I could get refs of whatever FSharp wants me to draw, that'd be great. :D

The past two months have been something of a creative drought for me, so I'm falling back to an earlier round. Basically I'm happy with fanart of anything found in my small gallery or from a batch of NPC descriptions I did for a MUD that I kept because people liked them.

I'm equally happy with art depicting the gifter's own character(s) or really anything for that matter.

Cheers,

F#
"To leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded." - Ralph Waldo Emerson