#1000's Fan Picture Final/done on the 1st post

Started by Prof B Hunnydew, January 27, 2009, 07:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabi

e: you could try drawing a mow.

Has anyone heard from PBH lately? Otherwise, would anyone like to volunteer to assemble the pieces? If I weren't buried under a mountain of pending tasks, I'd offer myself.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Kipiru

Last I heard of her she was starting to assemble the big picture, but I have no idea of how far she got with that task. I'd volunteer to do it, had I any idea how to do it.

Gabi

You'd have to draw a background (sand, sea, sky) and then copy/paste everything to it, and color my sand castle and whatever other parts of the background have been drawn by others.

Kipiru

I know what has to be done, but I'm a complete newbie when it comes to Photoshop(I don't even use layers)- there has to be someone better who can do it(I'm not trying to shun responsibility here, but this has to be done right)! Plus, I'm still hoping the Prof will come through.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kipiru on May 07, 2009, 09:34:29 AM
I know what has to be done, but I'm a complete newbie when it comes to Photoshop(I don't even use layers)- there has to be someone better who can do it(I'm not trying to shun responsibility here, but this has to be done right)! Plus, I'm still hoping the Prof will come through.

I was about to offer, but it'll be a bit too close of a run, I think.... I'm going to be away most of Saturday by the looks of things.  If all the material is there now and I have it tonight I might be able to do it then, but I'm not sure I can make any promises.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Kipiru

Right now the only one who has all the materials is the Prof. Everyone will have to resend all their stuff to you if you decide to give it a shot. This is one of the reasons I don't wish to give up on PBH. Plus, this is her project to begin with.

Prof B Hunnydew

No I am not dead, but I wish I was.... Goddess I have been pulling 12 hour days and 6 days week the last month.. Okay... I will have something for the masses by the SUNDAY.  I hope.  I have all the character, and I am trying to work them into a good look large picture...So it makes sense... I hope to have a draft to the artists tomorrow.

PBH

Gabi

Ah, good. Sorry to hear about your 12-hour days and 6-days weeks, but it's good to know you're still alive.

Tiger_T

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*sends good thoughts*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

;) I'll make a wish for your schedule to normal-ify soon. :3
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Prof B Hunnydew

Thanks T
and everyone.... I'm pushing myself to finish this thing this weekend....So No worries...Like Amber It is going to be just a little late.

:mowdizzy PBH

Kipiru

We're with you Prof- take your time and do it right.

Sofox

Hey guys,
Just wanted to let you know, while I made a post a while back expressing an interest in helping, I sorta let it drop and in the end, I decided to go with an idea of my own. I worked on it and I just e-mailed the result to Amber.
I did want to say thanks to you guys though. This thread and all the talk about the 1000th comic really helped put my head in gear for providing Amber with something to celebrate this landmark. Also, because this thread started up so early, it really gave me time to get my mind comfortable with the task (despite me always being nervous of undertaking creative ventures) and enabled me me making an early start that let me make the deadline. It's highly unlikely I would have completed anything with short notice as the panic alone would have taken up a huge chunk of time, let alone doing the actual work.

Anyway, thanks again guys, and of course, thanks to Amber for creating such a great comic and bringing us all together in the first place.

Kipiru

Quote from: Sofox on May 10, 2009, 12:25:16 AM
Anyway, thanks again guys, and of course, thanks to Amber for creating such a great comic and bringing us all together in the first place.

We are ever so glad to play the role of the muse Sofox, I'm eager to see what you've come up with.

Madd the Sane

If it's not too much trouble, I would like to see what everyone did for Amber's 1000th comic.  Amber, Llearch, or whomever's responsible for DMFA's website, please make a page that has all the fan contributions for this occasion?
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

DJ Pirtu

Well, since I did a painting to celebrate the occation as well, I've been wondering wether to start a new thread on the forum for all 1000th DMFA strip related artwork, or if I should instead hijack this thread for it.
Any ideas of which should be done?

Tiger_T

I for one don't think anyone would object if  #1000 related art were kinda 'collected' here... :3
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

King Of Hearts

wow... I have been gone for a LONG time.

*golf claps*

A milestone indeed.

DJ Pirtu

Well, here's what I did to celebrate the occation:
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2272494/
http://djpirtu.deviantart.com/art/In-Honor-of-the-1000th-DMFA-122033181
(On the DeviantArt page, you can click the Download link on the left to get even bigger picture of the painting.)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Madd the Sane on May 10, 2009, 04:07:11 AM
If it's not too much trouble, I would like to see what everyone did for Amber's 1000th comic.  Amber, Llearch, or whomever's responsible for DMFA's website, please make a page that has all the fan contributions for this occasion?

Amber. And sometimes Darkmoon, but only if Amber asks him to.

I have no access to the server at all, otherwise I'd be poking about fixing little typos and the like without bothering Amber with them. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Prof B Hunnydew

Okay Peeps.... (I love that Ambernese word...)

Anyway, I have enough work to do, and working fast as I can But I will send to Ilearch n'n .da dad.... MR BOX all my poor sketches..and the other great stuff I got. that is  If others artists want me to, 

Right now, I am working on the finish Large pictures.  AND GABI I need your picture...your link is broken or Imageshack is down.  But no worries I will be waiting and I have many tweeks to flops to do on the rest of the characters... I will have this up before Amber posts #1002...God and Goddess willing.

:mowcookie
PBH

Gabi

Sorry, PBH. ImageShack must have been down at that moment, but it's working now. I've colored the sand castle in an attempt to make up for the lost time. I'm afraid I did it in a rush, so it's not so great, but in any case it's better than having white sand.

Draken

Quote from: Gabi on May 12, 2009, 12:08:17 PM
.... {B}ut in any case it's better than having white sand.

Aww...we could have had a White Castle!
"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

Prof B Hunnydew

FINALLLY

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/2284775/

I fix this later Because it's late   

Go to bed, 
Bam

Lisky

Awesome work PBH... glad i could contribute...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

bradypodidae

Wow! to all who contributed, great job! :mowcookie
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Kipiru

It was worth the wait- I can't stop giggling- this picture rules  :mowmeep

Tapewolf

Has anyone got a mirror?  I don't really want furaffinity showing up in the logs here  >:3

Brownie

Love the picture. Thanks to all who contributed...Without you, My day would not be made.

Prof B Hunnydew

Tapewolf

Excellent.  That has turned out well.  Good job everyone!