#1000's Fan Picture Final/done on the 1st post

Started by Prof B Hunnydew, January 27, 2009, 07:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prof B Hunnydew

Now, this is a thread to come up for something special for Amber for page 1000.  I've watch and read DMFA a long time and every time a "mile stone" comic comes and it goes with Amber drawing a blank. (on what to do.) 

So, this time, We, the Fans, could try to help out,
And think of something good, and maybe have a Guest Comic Artist to help her out. 

Any ideas, ....
We have some 30 comics or 10 weeks, before we need it.  But hey, it is better that last minute. 

PBH

Edit 1

The ARTISTs which are in
Ink
Keaton the Black Jackel
Kipiru
Tyranastrasz
Marmonstein
Basillisk2150
T_tiger
Emerauld drathmir
Modelincard
Siren Felenis
Icarus
Beever
Tezkat
Gabi
Prof B Hunnydew*

(I will be making the main background and combiner... also I will  insure all the character are represented so if anyone doesn't want DP. I will be doing him )

the Cast will randomly given out with a few wild card charcaters, which the artists can add to their pictures/entrees.  Please PM me, which of the wild card castmember you want.  It will be first come first service.  Wild card characters will not be main cast members, like DAN or MAb or Alexsi or Jarrys, but
(await of course let us roll the main character first).   

Okay Rolling the cast to artist matches......

Edit 2  THE PICTURE

Maybe I should have make this the main, but I trouble with Photobucket, last night.
Anyway a Special Thanks to
GABI------------------Jyrras
Icarus----------------alexsi
Kipiru-----------------chaseinthesand
and ----------------falina
-------------------lorenda
--------------------matilda
Marmonstein----- Mab
Tiger_T ---------Merlitz
Keaton the Black Jackal  ---------Fi
Siren Felenis ------------Pyro

Beever ----------------Dan

Arcblade

We could have a groupshot of the gang.  Preferably a funny pose one.  I can just see Abel looking irritated, Mab being distracted by something shiny, Dan trying for a sexy pose (or being chased by Pip), stuff like that. 

Reese Tora

I ahve an idea, we should make a comic for Amber to celebrate comic #1000

fair is fair, after all. (except, you know, it should be someone or someones with talent who makes it, which leaves me out >:3 )
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

VSMIT

Come up with a one-shot, have everyone draw one panel?

Reese Tora

Yeah, something like that.  It's be a lot of effort, though, and someone would need to take charge, get it written, get each of the artists a panel, merge the panels, and so on... or it could be drawn similar to the Comic improv game, where each artists is given a turn to make a panel one after another... but if someone flakes that could be a problem, and it would be harder to keep the finished comic secret from Amber...

Jairus

Or it could simply be a celebration not of the comic and its characters, but of the comic's creator. Which I think is a little more appropriate, given the circumstances. Maybe the characters applauding or congratulating Amber, something like that. A bit cheesy, and I have no idea how to arrange it or set it up, but that's what I'd do. I know I'm planning to do something that day.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Brunhidden

comic 1000 ideas

Amber announces dmfa will be an animated series with collectible card game
Amber announces she is with spawn, which shall be released upon the world at a later date
Amber announces she hates us all and wishes we would shut up and die
Amber announces the dmfa video game, rated mature
Amber announces her candidacy for emperor of the newly formed unified atlantic empire
Amber announces she has talent cancer and her talent has to be removed, thus ending the comic
Amber announces dmfa is over, heres some other comic based around turtles and psychotic women who think slaughtering people on the street is normal, which seems to be an underlying theme with Amber and should probably raise a little red flag somewhere
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Wildy

I think a good idea for comic #1000 would be definately for the fans to do something special for Amber, instead of Amber having to do some massive group shot after all the stress she's been through. Amber definately deserves a break, a real break, not a OMG PAPERWORK break because they just stress her out more. My pitch I suppose would be that the fans each draw a little something and someone could put it all together for her somehow. Yay ambiguous!

Prof B Hunnydew

Of course, this is something for us, Fans to do.... Amber doesn't need to do it.   As for a chairperson, or collector of panels... I could do it...(oh no what have I started. now)

:mowdizzy

a large group shot would be good, or a small comic page(s) with a panel per artist.... but I want to have ideas/writers from others for some of this.  That way, everyone has some input and maybe a poll on the final pieces.

Amber can still do her comic..but this something from the fans...As for Amber not knowing about this ..that is too late.  But the planning could be move to one of the other forums with PMs to the artists once a idea is flesh out. 

PBH

Sofox

Okay, so a collaborative effort. Either a group shot or a extended comic.
It could either include DMFA characters (+Amber & Fluffy) or characters based on us, or both.
General objective is to celebrate and support Amber and the great work she does.

You know, it occurs to me that if we discuss it here, Amber can easily find out all about it. (Can Admins hide posts from all but one person, even if that person is an Admin?)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sofox on January 28, 2009, 11:44:20 AM
You know, it occurs to me that if we discuss it here, Amber can easily find out all about it. (Can Admins hide posts from all but one person, even if that person is an Admin?)
You can ban a person from a specific section.  I really, really don't know if it works on moderators, though.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lisky

quickly, change the title to something amber would never possibly have any interest in... therefor making it like a secret club house for plotting her surprise...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Amber Williams

You are all fools.  The only suprise I shall ever recieve will be the one of my death when I am blindsided by a truck one Thursday afternoon.  And even then I doubt I will be all that suprised. Just dissapointed.

Pagan

A Thursday? Dag. I wouldn't want to die on a Thursday, I always like them for some reason. Dieing one one would kinda ruin that.
After a long time, some things change. Some things don't. And I still love Regina!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 28, 2009, 11:47:37 AM
You can ban a person from a specific section.  I really, really don't know if it works on moderators, though.

In a word, no.

Quote from: Amber Williams on January 28, 2009, 11:55:15 AM
You are all fools.  The only suprise I shall ever recieve will be the one of my death when I am blindsided by a truck one Thursday afternoon.  And even then I doubt I will be all that suprised. Just dissapointed.

I'll be surprised. I booked the damn truck for a Friday, not a Thursday...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Reese Tora

Hey, I didn't say anything about keeping the comic a surprise from Amber, just keeping the contents of it a surprise. ;)

Mao

I'll contribute if possible.  My life has been busy of late but I might be able to crank out a picture or two.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: VSMIT on January 28, 2009, 01:20:41 AM
Come up with a one-shot, have everyone draw one panel?

That's fine for you artists, but what about the rest of us? I don't think you'd want ugly stick-figures that a 2-year-old could draw better.

Quote from: Basilisk2150 on January 28, 2009, 11:52:17 AM
quickly, change the title to something amber would never possibly have any interest in... therefor making it like a secret club house for plotting her surprise...

Like, umm... yeah, NASCAR themed apparel.

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov - Mlada: Procession of the Nobles (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Ghostwish

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 28, 2009, 12:01:12 PM

I'll be surprised. I booked the damn truck for a Friday, not a Thursday...

Shall I take the grinder bumper off then?

Kipiru

Hmm. I'm actually into the whole idea of doing a fan comic wit Amber as the main character... *idea forming up*...I may actually have something in mind  >:3

Arcblade

I might be useful to make little bits of side art, or tracings, if we need those, but I can't draw. 

VSMIT

Quote from: AmigaDragon on January 28, 2009, 03:04:33 PM
That's fine for you artists, but what about the rest of us? I don't think you'd want ugly stick-figures that a 2-year-old could draw better.
I'm not an artist, either, but I'd still do my best for something like this.

AmigaDragon

Ok, ugly stick-figures done in color crayon instead of pencil. A 2-year-old could still do better.

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Stephen Chatman - Snow from Voices of Earth (Classical Minnesota Public Radio)
via FoxyTunes
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Lisky

i can do sketching, and black and white... but quite frankly i'm still working on my skills with colors, especially shading in color...

I support the demon race (usually with my hands)!   Also... LOOK A DISTRACTION! -->

Tapewolf

I can do flat colouring of line-art if that's any help.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Naldru

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 28, 2009, 12:01:12 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on January 28, 2009, 11:47:37 AM

In a word, no.

Many things are possible if one is devious enough.  You would have to create a fake topic.  This fake topic would then be matched with a real topic.  The PHP for the pages would be modified so that attempts to access the topic will display information from the false topic if the user is logged in and the user is not Amber Williams.  Amber Williams and guests would then see the real topic if they looked at the site and would be unaware of the fake topic.

You would also have to insure that creating or modifying messages for the fake topic will not affect the statistics shown on the index of topics.  There might also be a requirement to modify the code for searches.

If Amber accesses the site via PHP or WebDAV, those packages would also have to be modified to hide the changes.

A far simpler approach would be to carry out coordination efforts for the project on another bulletin board system for which Amber is not an administrator.  Messages could also be passed by PM (private message).  Although it may be possible for administrators to access such messages, they would probably not be aware of such messages unless they were looking for abnormal behavior.  Since we are all abnormal, the information would be lost in the noise.

Actually, I was envisioning a page where Fluffy takes a big stick to all the people telling Amber what she should do on *** her *** website.  Planning of such a page could be carried out using a Yahoo group having a relatively innocuous name.

Now if somebody wants to create and administer a FriendsOfAmber deviantart page, we could send the owner of the page various pieces of art expressing our appreciation and love of Amber.  Ownership of the page could then be shifted to Amber's hubby.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tiger_T

Quote from: AmigaDragon on January 28, 2009, 05:58:32 PM
Ok, ugly stick-figures done in color crayon instead of pencil. A 2-year-old could still do better.
It's the thought that counts. Just look at Ambers first few comic-pages and think what would have happened if she had given up back then.
Only practice will lead to better skills. Take this opportunity to get some.

*signs up for the newsletter*
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Lisky

i'll contribute something if people want to do like a collaboration with a central theme of 'thank you amber' or something along those lines

Turnsky

nonsense, your brain will be preserved in a jar ready for your robot body *nods*

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tezkat

This sounds like a lovely idea. I'd be willing to contribute something to a collaboration. :mowcookie

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...