11/20/08 [Perfect Date #13] - Aaryanna ... Butterflies!

Started by Turnsky, November 19, 2008, 11:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Distracting

Somehow, this brings back memories of my most recent birthday. The whip looks friendly though.
A quick edit: I wish there was snow here. Only below freezing cold and strong winds.

Tapewolf

No-one seems to have picked up on the fact that, if you're not a fellow 'Cubi or something, she'll most likely eat your soul after the Woohoo has run its course...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 20, 2008, 04:07:52 AM
No-one seems to have picked up on the fact that, if you're not a fellow 'Cubi or something, she'll most likely eat your soul after the Woohoo has run its course...

or toast.

you forgot the toast.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on November 20, 2008, 04:08:50 AM
or toast.
you forgot the toast.
How could I forget the toast?

There again, she might have had both.

senrath

Meh.  It's not like I'm using it, or anything.

Dagardo

Quote from: senrath on November 20, 2008, 04:13:20 AM
Meh.  It's not like I'm using it, or anything.

How many of us are actually using our soul for something useful anyway? As for the soul eating comment itself, there are ways that may let you keep your soul, but you would have to one, know what said ways are, and two, be able to pull them off, and have a mind shield or something so she wont know. But really, how hard is it to dispel a mind shield?

senrath

Quote from: Dagardo on November 20, 2008, 04:28:06 AM

How many of us are actually using our soul for something useful anyway? As for the soul eating comment itself, there are ways that may let you keep your soul, but you would have to one, know what said ways are, and two, be able to pull them off, and have a mind shield or something so she wont know. But really, how hard is it to dispel a mind shield?
I dunno about dispelling a mind shield, but it would be really obvious if you had one.  I mean, she'd try to read your thoughts, find out that she couldn't, and voila, she knows you're using a mind shield.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Dagardo on November 20, 2008, 04:28:06 AM
How many of us are actually using our soul for something useful anyway?
In the world of DMFA, if you don't have a soul, you aren't sentient.  There's some confusion as to whether a body robbed of its soul would still breathe like a Fae Hollow, but at the end of the day, that's largely academic since it looks like the soul is the most important bit.

Tycoon

"...when a problem comes along
you must whip it
before the cream sits out too long
you must whip it
when something's going wrong
you must whip it..."

And so on, and so forth...

Also, for the record, I would have chosen "Ah..."

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: senrath on November 20, 2008, 04:33:25 AM
I dunno about dispelling a mind shield, but it would be really obvious if you had one.  I mean, she'd try to read your thoughts, find out that she couldn't, and voila, she knows you're using a mind shield.

Depends on the quality of the shield.

A cheap one would block most stuff, not very well. A reasonable one would block everything. A really high quality one would fake some innocuous thoughts on the outside, so that people wouldn't be able to tell you had one up at all.

My 2p, anyway.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 20, 2008, 07:03:52 AMA cheap one would block most stuff, not very well. A reasonable one would block everything. A really high quality one would fake some innocuous thoughts on the outside, so that people wouldn't be able to tell you had one up at all.

My 2p, anyway.

Good `cubi could probably differentiate genuine inane blather from a rhubarb or walla, though.  I have an idea rumbling around my head about a magic system where part of the training involves learning how to use steganography in your inner monologue, just to keep people from reading your mind.

After all, if you read someone's mind, and he's thinking ``I'm gonna hit your gregory with my plates,'' your opponent probably will be just as much in the dark before you read it.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Sunblink

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on November 20, 2008, 07:28:40 AM
I think I like Aaryanna now.
Something that disturbs me very slightly is the viewpoint these strips are supposed to be read from.  Specifically the fact that the 'player' is interviewing both sexes.  Looking at it just now from Keaton's viewpoint, for example...

Lucheek

Rakala

Actually, that kinda looks like the all knowing one from the "Daniel Ti'fiona Warrior for Hire?" arc. Does anybody else see that? Yes? No?

Mao

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 20, 2008, 07:31:42 AM
Something that disturbs me very slightly is the viewpoint these strips are supposed to be read from.  Specifically the fact that the 'player' is interviewing both sexes.  Looking at it just now from Keaton's viewpoint, for example...

Does this really come as a surprise, considering all the relevant DeviantArt stamps I have in my journal? :B

Best part of it is that since my avatar is a Cubi, I don't have to worry about that pesky soul-stealing! Whee!

Oh, but Amber's art is lovely. Aside from the initial smex of the image, the art is impressive. I love Aaryanna's posture, the dress design, and the whip coiled around her hand.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on November 20, 2008, 08:20:50 AM
Does this really come as a surprise, considering all the relevant DeviantArt stamps I have in my journal? :B
I plead the fifth amendment.

Sunblink

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 20, 2008, 08:23:50 AM
Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on November 20, 2008, 08:20:50 AM
I plead the fifth amendment.

I plead YOUR FACE.

I was going to put an elaborate Guantanamo bay joke here, but then I realized that would provoke another nasty political debate so instead I'm resorting to Kindergartner-grade insults.

Tapewolf

Seriously, it suddenly made me wonder who the 'player' is supposed to be.

Mao

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 20, 2008, 08:29:32 AM

Given the wide spectrum of the people who have been spoken to, it could be anyone.. which is what I think the whole idea is.  It could be one of us.

Corgatha Taldorthar

It's supposed to be Dan, we all know how desperate he is :P
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 20, 2008, 08:29:32 AMSeriously, it suddenly made me wonder who the 'player' is supposed to be.

It shouldn't come as a surprise that there is BDSM directed to and from all genders, and I would think that the best business model for this genre would be to have a ``select sexuality'' choice at the beginning.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Lowde

Quote from: Mowser on November 20, 2008, 08:08:24 AM
Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on November 20, 2008, 07:28:40 AM
I think I like Aaryanna now.

I think I like her more now.

I think I like Gee now, I almost got a cute overload :)

Btw, everybody kinda ignored the fact that this is the first time we get a Gee cameo

Goatmon

Lego3400

"Um..." Yeah.. That would be my response too. Though I love the punch line in this one  >:3

Ghostwish

Quote from: Mowser on November 20, 2008, 08:38:47 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on November 20, 2008, 08:29:32 AM

Given the wide spectrum of the people who have been spoken to, it could be anyone.. which is what I think the whole idea is.  It could be one of us.

I vote that it was Merlitz for this one. :D

e_voyager

i'm lucky that i don't tend to worry about the whole soul not soul thing. besides the person could simply be conducting a survey not looking for a date themselves. it;s but just like someone i know to seen a seemly soulless thing to question cubi about dates.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

e_voyager

yes boxy. all games need players otherwise there is no justification for their existence.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey