ICVDF: The subforums have been removed (please read)

Started by Darkmoon, November 09, 2008, 07:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmoon

For the record, we had a set of subforums made for a "new" group of people (from another forum I used to belong to). This set of subforums was as a favor to the members, but, sadly, the experiment didn't seem to work. One of the few rules they had was that outside of their section, they had to follow the rules of CMF (they had a "no holds barred" section otherwise). This requirement wasn't followed, and after only a few short hours, the sections had to be removed (at their request).

It is what it is, and really, no loss one way or the other.

For what it is worth, we apologize to anyone who might have been hurt by what occurred.  It is an experiment that will not occur again.

That said, for repeated rule violations, the member known as Loki has been banned for a month. Those members left here, who do decide to post, will have to now follow ALL the rules of CMF.

That is all.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Eibborn

Aw, you mean that I'll have to wait a month to find out how on earth people's taste in music provides anything to "fall back on." when the "shit hits the fan"? I'll forget by then! :V
/kicks the internet over

bill

Sunblink

Darkmoon

Hopefully this appeases the people that actually matter. And by that, I mean the members of CMF.

Aisha deCabre

Yes, never forget!  :U

Quite seriously though, I do say thanks for making sure things were kept in line, or at least were tried to, and this appeases as far as I'm concerned.  I hold no grudge, certainly.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Ren Gaulen

Tapewolf

I've heard that the access control levels in the CMF system allow someone to be banned from a specific section of the forum.  I was tempted to ask if I could voluntarily be excluded from the IVCD hierarchy.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tipod

"How is it that I should not worship Him who created me?"
"Indeed, I do not know why."

superluser

Aww, I was out and missed the tail end of it.

A car crash always draws a crowd, and just once, I wanted to be one of the rubberneckers.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Darkmoon

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 09, 2008, 08:49:21 PM
I've heard that the access control levels in the CMF system allow someone to be banned from a specific section of the forum.  I was tempted to ask if I could voluntarily be excluded from the IVCD hierarchy.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, for a bout half of it Loki was excluded from everywhere else.

Corgatha Taldorthar

I only found this thread because I went looking for the subforum and found it missing, leading me for a moment to think it was some sort of surreal dream....... Amusing, in a toilet-humor type way I suppose.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Noone

I actually saw some of the threads. I'm still waiting for my brain to be resurrected.

Saist

Zina

Stupid work, apparently making me miss out on fun.
I want someone to re-enact exactly what happened for me, please. With a quality musical score and an option for directors commentary. Thanks.

bill

it was a tragic tale of betrayal and failure

basically watch shakespeare's "julius caesar" fast-forward with yakity sax in the background

Darkmoon

bill

Zina

Quote from: bill on November 10, 2008, 12:00:48 AM

basically watch shakespeare's "julius caesar" fast-forward with yakity sax in the background

Oh my god, I'm going to do that right now, brb.

Jairus

Quote from: Zina on November 10, 2008, 12:07:27 AM
Quote from: bill on November 10, 2008, 12:00:48 AM

Oh my god, I'm going to do that right now, brb.
That's not fair: Yackety-sax makes EVERYTHING funny. Seriously.

Well, this was an interesting experiment, but I had a feeling that it wasn't going to work from the beginning. Oh well. On another note, I did not know you could completely delete posts like that. Interesting.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Darkmoon

We have to go through and delete them twice, but it is possible.

superluser

Quote from: Zina on November 09, 2008, 11:55:39 PMStupid work, apparently making me miss out on fun.
I want someone to re-enact exactly what happened for me, please. With a quality musical score and an option for directors commentary. Thanks.

Well, let's see what I can remember.  There was the Piccolo/Vegeta avatar, the raid on the Tower of Art, a prolapsed vagina, some game developer, and the constant bickering about why they should be allowed to play smear the queerfurry.

And then I left about 40 minutes before this thread.  It looked like it was going awesome places.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Bloodreign

Oh well I missed all the fun then.

*goes back to lurking at 50 million forums*  :P

Saist

have a better description of the events.

Go to 4chan.

spend 4 minutes in /b/

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Darkmoon on November 10, 2008, 12:15:00 AM
We have to go through and delete them twice, but it is possible.

Nuts. You could have just locked the subforum, so I could see the car crash when I woke up...

/rubbernecking
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kipiru

Kasarn

Quote from: Saist on November 10, 2008, 01:59:37 AM
have a better description of the events.

Go to 4chan.

spend 4 minutes in /b/

What was on the front page:

(☞゚∀゚)☞

69 thread
Camwhore
(☞゚∀゚)☞
Guess what this is for tits
ITT: we find out what ITT means
Pedo troll
When a girl asks you " did you ever have sex before? " and you are a virgin. What does that mean?
ITT: post your favorite cheese
Post you ctrl+V
Nads hair cream trolling. Pro-tip: don't use hair removal cream on your ballsack
/r/ for macro. THIS IS NOT /r/ FAG
Dragonball movie
Suicide troll
Pedo troll
Price of Salvia

(☞゚∀゚)☞

Warning: your experience may vary *awesome*

None of those seem related.
Did you actually mean /v/?
QuoteIf TES5 is based in Elsweyr, where the khajiit hail....
I wont give a fuck.

I'll kill everyone.

Zina

Kasarn

/gif/ has Adam Wan. They're asking for more. :|

Zina

For a few moments I thought that said Adam West and I got very excited.