ICVDF: The subforums have been removed (please read)

Started by Darkmoon, November 09, 2008, 07:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eagle0600

Mao

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mowser on November 10, 2008, 07:37:04 AM
I'm kinda sad to see that cesspit go.  Ah well.

Well, I don't know how many netfilters have CMF on them already, but we're liable to get one at work eventually.  With IVCD, the entire forum could have ended up being blacklisted everywhere, and you'd get far less posting from the likes of me and Keaton.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

That'd be a shame. (No, seriously. Even if I don't sound like it, I am.)

And we work so hard to keep things civil...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Turnsky

this is a lesson to all those who have a forum here, or have a similar arrangement elsewhere..

you have a subforum, or forum, this means that regular forumites are below you, yes, but you're not at the top of the food chain, mess up, and you'll get fed to the piranha  :U

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

llearch n'n'daCorna

Darkmoon

And that was the reason why we deleted everything. We didn't want the archived materials uncessarily throwing off the rating of the forum as a whole, nor did was want those people singled out by their forum to have a archived reminder of what they said.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Auragonian

Sunblink

Quote from: Auragonian on November 10, 2008, 01:22:34 PM
There was a sub-forum? I definitely missed it.

Probably for the best. You're even younger than I am.

Quote from: Zina on November 09, 2008, 11:55:39 PM
Stupid work, apparently making me miss out on fun.
I want someone to re-enact exactly what happened for me, please. With a quality musical score and an option for directors commentary. Thanks.

I personally request Rosario Dawson to play the role of myself. And I want something to blow up in the background.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on November 10, 2008, 02:37:13 PM
I personally request Rosario Dawson to play the role of myself. And I want something to blow up in the background.

... Rosario Dawson? We can get some helium, if that will help. I'm sure Mischa will have some spare...

Mao

Bah!  Both of the actors suited to me are dead.  Damn you John Candy and Chris Farley!  Why'd you have to go and die on me!  WHY?! 'A'

Sunblink

Quote from: Mowser on November 10, 2008, 03:38:58 PM
Bah!  Both of the actors suited to me are dead.  Damn you John Candy and Chris Farley!  Why'd you have to go and die on me!  WHY?! 'A'

Actually, I look nothing like Rosario Dawson. Or any other actress, for that matter. I just like Rosario Dawson.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 10, 2008, 02:40:06 PM
... Rosario Dawson? We can get some helium, if that will help. I'm sure Mischa will have some spare...

Darn you, I meant "blow up" as in "explode." XD You can't have a movie without explosions.

superluser

Quote from: Mowser on November 10, 2008, 03:38:58 PMBah!  Both of the actors suited to me are dead.  Damn you John Candy and Chris Farley!  Why'd you have to go and die on me!  WHY?! 'A'

We can get Chris Farley's brother.  I hear he's a hit among Republicans.

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on November 10, 2008, 03:52:52 PMDarn you, I meant "blow up" as in "explode." XD You can't have a movie without explosions.

Helium does explode, you know.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Mao

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on November 10, 2008, 03:52:52 PM
Quote from: Mowser on November 10, 2008, 03:38:58 PM
Actually, I look nothing like Rosario Dawson. Or any other actress, for that matter. I just like Rosario Dawson.

Well, if I had to choose one that looked like me, it would be Seth Rogen.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on November 10, 2008, 03:52:52 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 10, 2008, 02:40:06 PM
Darn you, I meant "blow up" as in "explode." XD You can't have a movie without explosions.

... Wouldn't that hurt? I mean, if you used that much helium?

Jairus

Well, we won't need to find anyone to play me: I can cameo as myself as a background character, since I didn't participate.

Hey, Boxy, you could be played by Solid Snake in his disguise.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

superluser

Quote from: Jairus on November 10, 2008, 04:15:01 PMHey, Boxy, you could be played by Solid Snake in his disguise.

Let's get with it, here.  Solid Snake is a fictional character.  llearch couldn't be played by a fictional character.  He could, of course, be played by Kurt Russell playing Snake Plissken playing Solid Snake...in his disguise.

Cogidubnus

Darkmoon

Quote from: superluser on November 10, 2008, 04:28:19 PM
Quote from: Jairus on November 10, 2008, 04:15:01 PMHey, Boxy, you could be played by Solid Snake in his disguise.

Let's get with it, here.  Solid Snake is a fictional character.  llearch couldn't be played by a fictional character.  He could, of course, be played by Kurt Russell playing Snake Plissken playing Solid Snake...in his disguise.

I dunno. He hasn't really play Snake Plissken in forever. Maybe we'd be better off getting that kid from Martian Child. Seems like he's good at hiding in boxes.

Destina Faroda

Oh, so that's what happened.

I actually would have liked to have seen the people from ICVD come here, but it seems both sides are irrevocably apart.  It's sad because even if we couldn't get along, at least all of us would have our say, for good or for ill.
Sig coming...whenever...

Damaris

They were interested in making sure it failed in the most spectacular way possible.  *shrugs* That was their choice.

I do hope, after seeing the roots Darkmoon came from, that everyone now understands why we have the rules we do. ;)

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Destina Faroda

I have to wonder, does this rule out the possibilty of future forums merging with CMF?  I wouldn't want this experience ruin future opportunities elsewhere, but I can understand if this means there won't be any types of joining in the future.
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

Future forums are more than welcome to merge, provided if CMF is the hosting ground, then CMF's rules will be the template upon which to merge.

Damaris

I don't think it completely rules out the possibility.  One the whole, CMF posters are a friendly and welcoming group.  I think it would be able determining if the incoming group was willing to work with the established community, or at the very least, separate itself and leave them alone.

But, I also think the likelihood of such an instance coming up is low.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Jer-oh-me

I recall my only involvement being a snide remark on how Bill & Ted that game dev guy looked. I dunno who would play me, probably a lucky microphone wrangler with a shrill voice.

Blegh, scroll fail, stupid Wii. I think sub-forums are cool as long as they do not come infected with the stupid virus, I've already jumped ship from one forum for that. And for some reason I see 4chan as the Detroit of the internet, or Mos Eisley if you don't understand.

superluser

Quote from: Jer-oh-me on November 10, 2008, 11:12:43 PMAnd for some reason I see 4chan as the Detroit of the internet

No!  Not Detroit!

Actually, from what I can tell, 4chan tends to get bored with trolling the mods pretty quickly, so 4chan does have something on the ICVDF people we had here.

Zedd

Quote from: superluser on November 10, 2008, 11:48:53 PM
Quote from: Jer-oh-me on November 10, 2008, 11:12:43 PMAnd for some reason I see 4chan as the Detroit of the internet

No!  Not Detroit!

Actually, from what I can tell, 4chan tends to get bored with trolling the mods pretty quickly, so 4chan does have something on the ICVDF people we had here.
*locks up his doors before they breach the walls of Lansing* >> <<

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: superluser on November 10, 2008, 11:48:53 PM

Mods that react appropriately - ie, post back, and get upset - are much more fun than mods that just mod - ie, ban and clean up.

Sad how being adult removes all these opportunities for amusement for the kiddies. However, such is life. I find it sad that the ICVD folks have yet to grow up.

I also find it sad how many folks are in the same state - especially those older than me. Whilst "not growing up" is often fun, there are also times when it's a poor choice. Knowing when and where is critical to remaining at least partially sane...

But I digress.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Damaris on November 10, 2008, 10:20:18 PM
I do hope, after seeing the roots Darkmoon came from, that everyone now understands why we have the rules we do. ;)
It's certainly helped.  With anarchy comes great responsibility...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E