All purpose chatter salon!

Started by Kipiru, November 04, 2008, 08:27:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kipiru

The"All purpose chatter salon" is a place where you can commence or continue topicless chat, without spamming up a topic thread and angering the moderators! For instance, you feel like starting an off topic chat with someone, over the mention of something you are interested in, but can't do it because you are in an art thread and such a chat would spam it! In that case you invite the one you wish to chat with to the "All purpose chatter salon" (or APCS) and here you can go on as you like unhindered!

Damaris

or, you could just start a nice, new shiny thread in the outer fortress, and then other people can follow the discussion.

For clarification:

1) Mods don't usually yell at people for following the natural progression of a topic.

2) It's not that hard to start a whole new thread.  And then others can actually find the topic, and participate as well.

3) By starting new threads, seven or eight off topic conversations will not get rolled together, making it unlikely that people will continue discussing them.

One of the things I find most odd is the inclination of many people to shove things together and combine, rather than letting each thing stand on its own.  Keep in mind that the moderation staff will also be more than happy to split topics when there are two in the same thread, and each group would like to be able to do more discussing of each topic.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber