Character Lounge

Started by Kio, July 10, 2006, 11:49:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joat

“Wow,” I comment, “Most people aren’t supposed to lift weights more than once every two days. Apparently, that doesn’t apply to him.”

“Hey guys, you playing or what?” May says. I look in her direction to see that she started up a Smash Brothers game (without asking, no doubt).

Mel Dragonkitty

Mel lifted her plate of salad and started for the lounge. "Come along Sathariel. I haven't taught anyone before but I'll try to answer some of your questions while we watch them play with their colored lights." She smiled a bit, "I find watching people play more amusing than actually playing. They get so excited."
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Aisha deCabre

Aisha had to chuckle softly...the wolf was resilient, she liked that.  "I'm...I'm glad of that", she said with a shy smile at his words.  Her arms went back around him in a gentle embrace.  "I just worry...if something happened to you, I'd..."

The panther took a second to realize that she was surprising herself at what she was saying...never before did she feel such worry...the both of them, their lives were often centered around the harsh reality of battle.  Would either of them be around for much longer?  Aisha had accepted the fact for herself...but Gareeku...

Looking into his gentle eyes, the way they caught the moonlight, it seemed to erase all of her trouble.  She lay comfortably on him, her head resting on his shoulder.  "...I wouldn't want to think about it," she whispered by his ear, her purr starting up again.  After all, it wasn't a time for worry.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Stygian

Stygian hadn't gone down to work the weights again. Even given his abilities, he wouldn't have been fast enough to start doing that yet. Instead, he'd slammed his head into one of the solid pillairs, making a rather large round mark in it. He put his hands to his head, and rubbed, his headache blinding.
   Idiot! Of course you're strong, but in the mind that means sensitive too! Couldn't you see him pulling that one?!

Sathariel followed Mel, first with an almost petulant look to her face, which once it quickly passed turned to a nervous one, and then a curious.
   "Ehm... that thing you said about stealing memories before..."

Joat

“What’s this about stealing memories, now?” May asks.

Gareeku

Hearing Aisha's words, Gareeku smiled softly, nuzzling gently as his quiet growl of happiness became audiable once more.
"Hey now...you know I'm to stubborn to let anything happen to me..." he replied softly with a smile on his face, wrapping his arms around her in a gentle embrace and stroking the back on her head softly.

Joat

*OOC: Something I’ve been wondering. When all the mental effects wore off, such as the mental hold on Valencia, was the mind-shield also disabled?*

KarlOmega1

*just then, the doorbell rang again*

Karl: I'll get it...Hello?

*there stood a vixen that was a bit taller than Lilith...it was the sister-in-law, Shivara*

Shivara: Hello brother-in-law...I heard you where having a party, so I thought I'd drop by.

*Karls sends a message to Lilith over a secure mind link*

Karl: {Lilith! Hide all the men! your over-flirty big sister just came!}

*Lilith goes to tell the people in the room the news*
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Joat

Quote from: Joat on December 13, 2006, 09:32:49 PM
“Cubi, huh? Think she could teach Joat how not to pulled around by his ‘tendrils’?” Valencia says to Karl.

*OOC: No comment necessary, really.*

Aisha deCabre

Aisha released a quiet laugh at his statement, her cheek nuzzling his with tenderness.  "Oh, I know you are, mi vida."  Feeling his hand behind her head and his soft growling, her heartbeat kept up its rapid pace, whilst one of her hands combed through his hair and scratched the back of his ear.  The way they were, in such a quiet and peaceful atmosphere...she felt like staying like that for the longest time...it was definitely not a time to think about death.  They were there, so very much alive...

The panther glanced up at the cloudless sky, the heavens bearing so many little stars.  The full moon was grand and silver, looking down upon them like an eye of the gods, a silent blessing for the two.  But then she caught a look at the tip of the mansion roof, and with a sigh, turned back to Gareeku.  The maze while isolated wasn't too perfect a place for lovers.

"As much as I'd love to continue lying here with you..." she purred silently in his ear with a smile and leaned over to kiss him, "I believe someone promised they'd find costumes for the party."
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Boog

Hearing the thump of Stygian's display of head-to-wall coordination, Boogey sniggered to himself. Well, that was probably educational for him. Now then, there was mention of video games?

Joat

*OOC: Is Lilith currently hiding her wings?*

Stygian

Stygian's headache numbed with the first drink, and then with some water and his regeneration completely subsided. And that's when the "marker" of sorts that he had left allowed him to feel what was going on in another place. He smiled to himself, and then put his glass down on the table. The next moment his shape dimmed and seeped into the shadows at the back of the room, as he left for elsewhere...

From behind them, Aisha and Gareeku suddenly heard a chuckle.
   "It was about time... I was thinking the two of you were going to fall to pieces soon," Stygian's voice came from down one of the aisles. He walked with soundless steps against them, his hands clasped behind his back. "You're looking very cute there. Though I'd pull my shirt up just a bit if I were you, Lively..." He didn't sound sarcastic or mean or insinuative, yet there was something... amused to his tone, that was very disturbing and hard to place, and an equally disturbing gleam in his green eyes. He snubbed out a cigarette he had been smoking in his hand.
   "You'll want to follow me if you want to get back to the party on time," he then said, and waited for them to get up with a smile.

Joat

Quote from: Joat on December 15, 2006, 06:22:23 PM
*OOC: Something I’ve been wondering. When all the mental effects wore off, such as the mental hold on Valencia, was the mind-shield also disabled?*

*OOC: I repeat the question. I need to know whether IC Joat still has a headache. (If he does, he’d be used to it by now).*

Gareeku

Hearing Aisha's response, Gareeku laughed softly, his eyes closing and his growling growing slightly as the panther scratched behind his ears. Hearing her next comments, Gareeku laughed softly again
"Hehe, yeah I guess you're right." he said with a soft smile as he gazed into her beautiful eyes, returning the kiss with a tender affection. He could have stayed like that with her for the longest time, but what she said was true.

It was then that, hearing Stygian's voice, Gareeku looked up.
"You did this?" He asked, raising an eyebrow as he Aisha back onto her feet, kissing her once more as the soft smile returned, before turning back to Stygian. "Well I suppose you did help, though I don't exactly approve of your methods..."

Aisha deCabre

Springing easily back to her feet with Gareeku's help, the blissful smile on Aisha's face turned into one of slight annoyance as she heard Stygian's sudden commentary.  She quirked an eyebrow and self-consciously tugged the edge of her shirt.  "Indeed I don't approve either.  You're lucky I don't slap you," she retorted while flexing her claws.  But there also was a bit of humor in her eyes.  In the peaceful mood they were in she couldn't really hold annoyance for long.  And he did help.

The smile returned when she looked back at Gareeku again.  The panther gave his hand a soft squeeze and walked with him, following Stygian out of the confining maze.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Stygian

Stygian looked dead serious for a moment. Then, he burst into laughter, closing his eyes and shaking with it. He stopped after a while, wiping a little tear from his face, and then turning, leading them out through the winding hedges.
   "Heheee... Really. I think this is one of those times where the end really does justify the means. At least I am willing to bet so..." he said, holding his hands in each other behind his back and taking slow, pondering steps. "I was good though, wasn't I? And I even went out of my way against my interests..." He sounded as if there was lots of meaning in that.
   It didn't take that long to find back to the mansion with Stygian's guidance. They ended up closer to the main lounge than they had been before, and it was just a quick walk around a wing of it before the pond came into sight, in front of a tiled open space and the stairs that led up to the open doors into the lounge. Stygian bounded up the stairs, and quickly entered, finishing his drink before Aisha and Gareeku had even gotten in, and then propping himself on the couch with another one, listening to the conversation that was surely about to happen.

((Oh but for the love of... You said it yourself that the effects were cancelled! I hath no fucking clue, mine ungood sir! Now, why dost thee not find thine own answer and begone?!))

Joat

*OOC: I ask yet a third time. Is the mental shield on IC Joat still active? This question is directed toward you, Stygian.*

Mel Dragonkitty

Mel gave both Sathariel and May a look normally reserved for children who haven't paid attention in class. "I told you, I don't steal anything. They still have all their memories, nothing is gone. There are just more copies of the donor's memories than they realize. I am good at what I do, I've never erased anything accidentally." She found a seat near the games but away from the action. "I'm not going to copy yours, if that's your worry."
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Joat

As she starts playing the video games, May asks, “O…kay. So you have the power to copy memories. Why, exactly? Do you use them for something?”

Gareeku

Hearing Stygian's words, Gareeku rolled his eyes.
"Yeah, I guess..." he muttered, before looking back at Aisha. Looking at her face quickly dispelled any annoyed thoughts, being replaced with a calming warm feeling as he smiled softly at her, taking her hand in his as they walked back to the mansion.

Entering the house once again, the wolf went to the drinks table, returning with a couple of glass filled with wine. Handing Aisha a glass, he clinked his glass against hers softly, smiling warmly as he took a sip of the wine. Looking at the others, Gareeku laughed softly.
"Looks like they got the games system up and running..." he said, the warm smile refusing to leave his face as he looked back at the one he loved. It was then that he realised something he had forgotten.
"Oh! I almost forgot. I'll go find some costumes!" He said with a smile, setting the wine glass down and running upstairs.

A short while later, the wolf returned, holding in his arms a large piles of clothes, the pile being so big that most of his body was hidden from view. Setting them down in a free part of the floor, he turned and smiled at the others.
"Right then...shall we begin?" he said with a grin.

Joat

While waiting for the answer, May begins a round on the Smash Brothers game. She (Samus) is actually doing quite well; using an expert combination of moves both simple and complex, as well as the home-run bat she picked up.

e_voyager

hearing Mel's words remind him of his own robotic abilities. he looks at his arms then fins that the sword is still on his hip. "away with you mornblade may you next own  feel the despair that you cause and put an end to you" the rune sword disappears and e wonders that he could have let such a thing linger with him for so long. he looks at his arm thinking of his AWS(adaptive weapon system) and that root of it the weapon copy or item  copy ability.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Mel Dragonkitty

Mel shrugged, "It's something we dragons do, collect things. I thought that was common knowledge, there are so many tales of the lengths we sometimes go to. In my clan it has always been memories. Memories are at least easier to store than coocoo clocks and easier to come across than cloak clasps worn by necromancers during at least one of their deaths." She smiled a little, "I have been unfortunate enough to view both of those collections."

Mel paused for a few spoonfuls of her salad. "We don't collect really for any purpose other than collecting but we do trade information for more information. On occasion we re-release lost information. Short lived races can't seem to keep a civilization together for more than three or four hundred years without tearing themselves apart to start over. In our care they at least leave something behind of themselves."

She waved the spoon in the air and another of her illusions appeared. It was a beautiful city of white marble and azure domes with golden trim. "One of the first memories I contributed, approximately 100,000 years ago. I won't bother telling you the name or the location of this place, because this is the only remaining evidence it ever existed.  If I could talk once again to the woman who told me of her birthplace do you think she would be upset or happy that I placed this somewhere safe?"

Stygian

Sathariel looked at Mel with big eyes, blushing even more.
   "That's what I... I was saying I..." she said, hesitating and casting a worried look to Stygian. "I'd like to... copy some of your knowledge..." she said, and then looked down in the floor, not daring to look up to see Mel in the eyes.

Stygian looked at the girl curiously as she was humbling herself before Mel. Then, he heard and watched Gareeku run around, and come back down. He leaned back on the sofa and looked amused. This would be fun, he thought...

Joat

“Well, that is really quite co…” In a moment of dawning realization, May drops the controller. Mario, Link, and Donkey Kong proceed to pound Samus senselessly. May says to Mel, “You’re… over a hundred thousand years old?”

*OOC: Since I am recieving no answer, I will assume that the shield was taken down with the rest of the mental effects.*

Aisha deCabre

Smiling warmly back at Gareeku when they reached the main lounge, Aisha's face still held some of its warmth, and she was partially glad that her dark fur hid the blush when back in the company of the other guests.  The panther sipped her wine and watched him rush to the stairs, chuckling lightly at the aspect of almost forgetting the costumes.  Meanwhile she watched the games that were going on.

When he returned with the large pile, she quirked an eyebrow, thinking that he was going to fall over with so many articles.  She set the glass down when they were set on the floor and she walked over to it with a pondering look.  Of course, being a cat, once she was looking for things in the pile, she was soon buried in it.

Soon, her head poked out of the pile.  "Ha, success," she laughed and crawled out of it, sparing a wink to Gareeku as she carried what she found somewhere else to change.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Joat

“Wait a second. Why am I surprised at this? Of course you’re old. You’re a dragon.” May gets back to her game-playing. The round ends soon after that with Samus in first place.

Mel Dragonkitty

Mel looked rather confused, "My own? While I've been the carrier for lots of interesting memories my own memories are rather boring. At least until today. The most interesting ones tend to end with a view of my big brother's tail after he shoves me to safety." She clinked one of the stones from her salad against the side of the dish, "I'm not entirely adverse, the copying of my memories is something I do regularly as part of that whole collecting obsession and it would make some of this teaching nonsense easier, but I question the choice. I have contacted famous leaders, amazon queens, and some of the greatest thinkers of the ages, I would understand better if you had asked for one of them."

Mel stares at May's interjection. "I'm a few centuries shy of 150,000, quite young actually. Grandmother will barely admit I'm old enough to leave the house unsupervised."

Joat

May appears no longer to be listening, now too absorbed in the game.

As opposed to the home-run bat, Samus is now carrying a hammer and, well, owning the others. After the hammer wears off, she charges up a blast. As soon as Pikachu approaches her, she releases the blast and sends him flying off screen.