Songs that get stuck in your head

Started by Lady Buggery, October 04, 2008, 09:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

I prefer Joco's version, myself. Although the Lounge version is pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ltjbnyvq_SI
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Lady Buggery

God, I hate my little brother sometimes. Whenever I go to visit him and my mother, he starts singing the Advantix Commercial "There ain't no bugs on me" and that always stays in my head forever until something equally as infectious comes along AH.

click if you DARE. Highly sticky, you've been warned: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1-wmXIjDQc

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lady Buggery

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 06, 2008, 08:48:33 AM
I found Kula Shaker's Tea song to be quite infectious:
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=O5jTXdiBwas

I happen to agree with this song. I'm Amercian and people look at me funny when I say I like a nice cup of darjeerling with a little milk in the morning. Coffee is icky.

Ryudo Lee

Still Alive often finds it's way into my head at random times.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Mao

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on October 06, 2008, 09:24:06 AM
Still Alive often finds it's way into my head at random times.

Yeah.  That one gets me quite often.  But look at me still talking when there's coding to do...

superluser

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Yugo

Got Charlie Parker's Donna Lee in my head right now. Granted I'm sure there's maybe one or two people on the forum that's actually heard the tune.

Accursed bebop.
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

Darkdragon

I get the most strange songs stuck in my head.

A month ago I had Baba Yetu, the opening theme from Civilization IV after I played it at my friend's house.

After that I got Paradise Lost, by Symphony X, stuck in my head. The repeated chorus has, in my opinion a lasting impression.

Finally, for some strange reason, I got this very unique Japanese song with an impossibly long name stuck in my head. I'll post a link when I remember what the name is.

EDIT: Ok, I was able to pin down the name. 六十年罪業華地獄残酷歌. Which in Japanese is read "Rokujū nen zaigō hana jikoku zankoku uta" which would roughly translate as "Song regarding flowers in a cruel hell with sixty years of sin" or something. At least that's the best I can come up with my dictionary.

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on October 06, 2008, 09:06:00 PM
I don't get the Orwell references.  :<

He was fanatical about tea, writing at least one essay on the one true way to prepare it.  That and the UK is supposedly the CCTV capital of the world.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 07, 2008, 04:20:06 AM
Quote from: superluser on October 06, 2008, 09:06:00 PMI don't get the Orwell references.  :<
He was fanatical about tea, writing at least one essay on the one true way to prepare it.  That and the UK is supposedly the CCTV capital of the world.

Well, how does CCTV relate to tea, then?  The essay on tea, however, makes sense.

I now get the Orwell references. :>

Alondro

Quote from: Aiyno on October 05, 2008, 03:40:26 AM
Pretty much anything I like or extremely dislike gets stuck in my head.  :animesweat

The ending song of Claymore is the crown jewel however because it has been stuck in there forever.
I haven't heard to song in ..... a year and something...but I still get it in my head, sometimes on purpose.  :U To stop the bad music from running around in there.

Claymore was an awesome anime.  I felt bad for Rigardo.  It wasn't his fault he was an evil mutant lion-man thingee!  SOCIETY FAILED HIM!!   Not all bipedal lion creatures are evil!  Just look at Sekhmet... er... ok, Charline... ooo, very bad example... ok, so I'm a little short on good anthro lion role models.   :B

Anyway, one horrible song that would get stuck in my head whenever I was unfortunate enough to be near someone playing it was that awful  "Hollowbreck girls", or whatever the hell it's called.  I'm not wasting time looking that piece of crap up.

For those who know what song I'm talking about, I'm sure you agree.

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

JackLee1978

Maximum the Hormone's Zetsubou Billy and Kuso Breakin No Breakin Lily (particully the ending repitition of "Kuso breaking no breakin lilly (lilly); Lilly without you")

Jairus

Whatever this song is, I got it stuck in my head last night. Maybe it's the combination of music and imagery, but it's still up there in my head. Dangit.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

superluser

No video, but this is pretty catchy:

http://mirukashihime.cool.ne.jp/sound/int_sfms.mp3

I find the chorus sticking in my head from time to time.  Too bad it's...well, click the link.

Auragonian

The theme to ryu kenshin is stuck in my head and I sing along, I have the pitch down great, as well as the end theme to outlaw star, those are the good songs, the bad ones of pure EVIIIIIIIL are the songs Waka Laka Barbie Girl and Cartoon Heroes

CURSE YOU AQUA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zina

Quote from: Jairus on October 08, 2008, 12:43:16 AM
Whatever this song is, I got it stuck in my head last night. Maybe it's the combination of music and imagery, but it's still up there in my head. Dangit.

That's Levan Polka, by Loituma.
http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=vjvVBCNcL_A
It's pretty damn catchy, I have to admit.

Mao

Ahhhg.  Now I'm having flashbacks (no pun intended) to that stupid leek spin flash that spread like a virus a year or two ago.  Levan Polka was the song that played during it.

Kipiru

Lately it's the song named "Navras" from The Matrix: Revolutions! It has the most catchy opening ever!

superluser

I've been getting Where's Your Head At stuck in my head ever since this thread was created.

bill

I've got Jose Gonzalez' cover of Teardrop stuck in my head at the moment. Awesome cover, by the way.

gh0st

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHmYC8a_4cI: helix nebula from anamanaguchi, this song has been stuck in my head for like a month, though it probably doesn't help that i have it on my music player. it sounds a whole lot like it's the happy ending to some awesome anime or something...

Janus Whitefurr

"DRAGON", the opening for New Getter Robo.
"Stormbringer", the opening for Koutetsushin Jeeg.
"Dead Or Alive", an insert song during an epic badass moment, also in Koutetsushin Jeeg.

Out of the three, I think "Stormbringer" has the biggest hook on mah brains, full or tv versions.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

superluser

Brunhidden

my daughter was watching 'the mister men show' and a little ditty one of them was singing stuck in my head..... i cant get it out, and its REALLY irritating that its only two lines

'i love to row my boat boat
it keeps us all afloat float'

thats it, and it wont stop....
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Jack McSlay

Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Nikki

Songs that get stuck in my head way too easily;

The Gummy Bear Song
Cooking? Cooking!
U
Gay Boyfriend
The Internet is for Pr0n
Barbie Girl
Superstar
BumbleBees
Tarzan and Jane

oi, i get song stuck too easily XDDD

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Eibborn

/kicks the internet over