Re-intro (and a funny story)

Started by Lady Buggery, October 02, 2008, 05:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Buggery

So,

You knew me as Lady Buggery. I didn't really post because, in all honestly, I had forgotten to check the comic (I know for shame) in a REALLY long time. It wasn't until my boyfriend commented on one of my character designs (a  humaniod with hair wings. Not wings on the head, but wings made of hair.) and he insisted that it was cubi and then linked me to Abel's back story. Since then I've been checking the comic daily :P And here I am. I'll try to be good and post productively. I just don't usually have too much to say xD. Maybe join in an RP or something.

- Crazy birdie with many names :P

llearch n'n'daCorna

I don't think you posted enough to really be known.

Besides, posting three days in March, and then coming back in October isn't exactly guaranteed to cause everyone to remember you.... ;-]

Welcome back, though. Pay attention to the rules, we've clarified them since you signed up.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Lady Buggery

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 02, 2008, 06:26:39 PM
I don't think you posted enough to really be known.

Besides, posting three days in March, and then coming back in October isn't exactly guaranteed to cause everyone to remember you.... ;-]

Welcome back, though. Pay attention to the rules, we've clarified them since you signed up.

Oh I wasn't expecting anyone to remember me at all, hence why I posted here again xD. I will re-read the rules. Thanks for the re-welcome :) 

Zedd

Hello there Red, I am not sure you remember me but good to see ya

Jairus

You don't remember me, since I've only been here since early July. Nice to officially meet you, Redwing X! The name's Jairus (not Jyrras), but everyone calls me Jay. Well, Boxy calls me Jubblies, but that's the way he is.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Lady Buggery

Quote from: Jairus on October 02, 2008, 06:53:02 PM
You don't remember me, since I've only been here since early July. Nice to officially meet you, Redwing X! The name's Jairus (not Jyrras), but everyone calls me Jay. Well, Boxy calls me Jubblies, but that's the way he is.

Jay: Yeah sorry for the confusion earlier. I do think I have a very real problem with names and letter arrangements. If a name has too many vowels or not enough my brain reads it wrong.

Zedd: I remember you from my brief posts months ago xD. Glad to see you again, maybe we'll get to know one another a little better this time.

Jairus

Quote from: Redwing X on October 02, 2008, 07:09:21 PM

Jay: Yeah sorry for the confusion earlier. I do think I have a very real problem with names and letter arrangements. If a name has too many vowels or not enough my brain reads it wrong.
No worries. It would have been worse a month or two ago, when I used a drawing of Evil Jyrras that Ren drew for me as an avatar. The one there right now is the real Jairus... well, as real as an Enkidu Kangaroo Rat engineer in Ren's fictional setting can be.

Lady Buggery

Quote from: Jairus on October 02, 2008, 07:26:49 PM
Quote from: Redwing X on October 02, 2008, 07:09:21 PM

No worries. It would have been worse a month or two ago, when I used a drawing of Evil Jyrras that Ren drew for me as an avatar. The one there right now is the real Jairus... well, as real as an Enkidu Kangaroo Rat engineer in Ren's fictional setting can be.

Yeah then I really would have been confused constantly. There would be no hope of me ever differentiating the two of you. I think referring to you as Jay will help a lot though  :3

Kipiru

Welcome back to the funhouse Redwing X, hope you enjoy it here enough to stay this time :) I was in a similar situation as you, but I got around it and here I am posting and causing llearch trouble (not intentionaly boss, I know you're looking...from somewhere) We are glad to have you red lady, have fun!

Lady Buggery

Heehe thankies bunches! Oh boy I get to be the red lady (not a pink one mind you) yeah I totally re read the rules, I'll try not to break any of them despite me feeling like I need to pass a test or get a certification in them xD. But in all my years of forum posting, I understand the need for each and every one of them  :cry crazy internet peoples abound.

Tapewolf

Hmm.  Pity Jouster isn't around.  I see a certain resemblance...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Lady Buggery

Heehee aww I remember him! Poor him, terrorized by Abel in the comic ^^. I see the resemblance too! Though I'm lacking in the cute fluffy ears department :( (wings on head is actually hair, not a nifty cubi wing set.)

JousterL

I was mentioned, and hence have risen from the grave to terrorize all who may be unfortunate enough to cross my path.

In all seriousness... anyone ever notice how you can't spell the word unfortunate without 'unf'?  :erk

Lady Buggery

Wow I never noticed that, [montypythonrefernce]such a dirty word, bad ,bad naughty word, and it must pay the penalty![/montypythonreference]

Though I'm glad to be an instrument of your resurrection, can I has doom cookies now?  :mowcookie

Tapewolf

Quote from: JousterL on October 03, 2008, 01:00:10 PM
I was mentioned, and hence have risen from the grave to terrorize all who may be unfortunate enough to cross my path.
Now I'm curious.  Your profile said you hadn't logged in since AC, yet you suddenly appear as soon as your name crops up.  Are you reading in guest mode or did Kenji drop you a line or something? :3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

JousterL

Not Kenji; rather, the resident made of cardboard is guilty in this case. ;)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Me?

Guilty?

When have I ever been guilty?

... don't answer that.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Brunhidden

Quote from: JousterL on October 03, 2008, 01:00:10 PM

when did that stop working to summon 'vaugely creepy'? theres a lot more oldies that need to be re-intro'd

and sorry, im sure i would have remembered someone as unusual as you
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Lady Buggery

Yaay my topic has necro'd some oldies! I feel somewhat special now :3. I think I shall go play WoW to celebrate xD

Jairus

Quote from: Redwing X on October 03, 2008, 08:16:10 PM
Yaay my topic has necro'd some oldies! I feel somewhat special now :3. I think I shall go play WoW to celebrate xD
Oh great, we lost him again.

When your return, I'll have my old Evil Jyrras avatar back up and confuse the hell out of you. Mweeheeheeheeheee!

Lady Buggery

Quote from: Jairus on October 03, 2008, 08:17:10 PM
Quote from: Redwing X on October 03, 2008, 08:16:10 PM
Oh great, we lost him again.

When your return, I'll have my old Evil Jyrras avatar back up and confuse the hell out of you. Mweeheeheeheeheee!

Haahaa no worries :3. I have strict WOW rules. You won't loose me, and please don't confuse me, as easy and as fun as it would be  :B

Suwako

:U The red WoW menace!

It's morning and I have nothing better to do than greet newbies and returners, Hi returner!
of course they do use a lot of drugs.

Lady Buggery

Haahaa yes! FOR THE HORDLIANCE! (I'm on a normal server so I can have characters on both sides) For those of you who know WoW I am currently leveling a Draenei Shaman (enhanced spec) and a Troll Mage (ice spec) I really do enjoy the game....unless it cuts into my novel revisions...good lord I need to get that done XD.

Mao

Welcome back to the boards.  You wouldn't know me as I joined not long before Jubblies up there but I'm sure that will resolve itself in time.

I happen to play WoW a bit as well.  I'm currently running Draenei S.Priest (70), Nelf Rogue (70) as my mains but also have several others scattered across the servers.  Mostly I play on Runetotem these days, but I used to frequent Aegwynn and Uther.

Anyways, I'm sure you've heard this all before but we're all liars and thieves here.  Follow the rules and keep your wits about you and you might just survive.  Also, as you well know.. watch out for that llearch fellow.  He's out to get you.

Lady Buggery

Quote from: Mowser on October 04, 2008, 09:32:48 AM
Welcome back to the boards.  You wouldn't know me as I joined not long before Jubblies up there but I'm sure that will resolve itself in time.

I happen to play WoW a bit as well.  I'm currently running Draenei S.Priest (70), Nelf Rogue (70) as my mains but also have several others scattered across the servers.  Mostly I play on Runetotem these days, but I used to frequent Aegwynn and Uther.

Anyways, I'm sure you've heard this all before but we're all liars and thieves here.  Follow the rules and keep your wits about you and you might just survive.  Also, as you well know.. watch out for that llearch fellow.  He's out to get you.

Heehee all dually noted, fine citizen. Yeah I've only been playing WoW since June. I have a level 54 Draenei and a Level 34 Troll and about 5 level 20's in the game, all on the Cairne server. I have a few on other ones but they hardly ever get any play as I try to keep all my characters on one server. My troll has epic gold at the moment though. Tailoring is lucrative and I sold a recipe for some funky fish delight for 150 gold xD. Getting my raptor mount was effortless, now I'm saving up for an epic one for level 60, I wants me a purdy blue feathered raptor :3

Mao

I play at the end game level on my two 70's and have been with the game since beta.  I've been more and more just whittling down which characters I play and currently it's the S.Priest and rogue.  The Rogue was my second char ever.  I had a 60 pre-bc druid (resto) that I deleted after a bad BWL run and getting chewed out by my GM at the time for leaving during a raid that was my main.  I played alot of other races/chars after that, but the rogue started to take over all of my time.  So much so that when I started playing on the Runetotem server alot (I managed to get my dad to play and that was the server he picked) I actually paid to transfer him from Aegwynn.  Anyway, if you're ever on Runetotem server, look up Jhyne or Demetirus and I'll see if I can help you out a bit. :) I don't have any high level horde on that server, but if you do roll horde there I have a troll shaman and belf hunter in their 20's who can help you out.

Lady Buggery

Heehee thanks so much for the offer, though I don't even know if I can create characters on that server as I've never seen it on my lists O_o weird. either that or its PvP and I can't really do that without a mouse xD.

Mao

Runetotem is a PvE server, US.  Aegwynn is a PvP server, US.

Lady Buggery

Quote from: Mowser on October 04, 2008, 10:58:21 AM
Runetotem is a PvE server, US.  Aegwynn is a PvP server, US.

Yeah, I hopelessly fail at PvP. Not only am I without a mouse, but I'm on a mac so I have to ctrl click to get right click action. By the time I'm able to do anything the other player gets like 5 hits off and I die really quick.